1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Weasyl
    Noxid

Extra Life 2015 - Support Team Bubsy!

Hello friends and forumers! I'm here today to let you know that I'm taking part in the Extra Life charity gaming marathon in the name of everyone's favourite Bobcat, Bubsy. Join me on Saturday November 7th as I try to play every Bubsy game I know of (possibly with the help of some friends!) and make a tax-deductible pledge for my suffering to support the IWK Health Center in Nova Scotia.

Find more information at my team page, at http://extra-life.org/team/bubsy

This will also be my first time attempting a 24-hour stream, so it's sure to be an utter trainwreck! Look forward to that if you're into such things. And if you like my team idea, maybe help by spreading the word - there's less than a week to donate! I'm really late on this! wow!

Wow, a fellow Nova Scotian who also finds purpose in playing old, bad games, lol. I can get behind this. The IWK saved me once when I was a kid. More specifically, they saved me from losing a finger that was nearly amputated. If not for them, I would probably never draw again and I don't know how I would ever play keyboard or guitar which I'd take up later in life without all my fingers. I have several friends whose kids are constantly in and out of the IWK, unfortunately because our province only gives a damn about young lives when it's almost (or literally) too late. I assume you're Nova Scotian anyway because the vast majority of Canada's attitude towards our kind is similar to our own attitude towards our own.

I'd love for there to be something like this but like, a gathering of gamers. Personally I'd take any excuse to get some Genesis arcade sticks and play all the Genesis fighting games just to prove once and for all that they were better than their SNES counterparts for speed and control alone.

edit: we're a race of masochists and our gaming choices clearly reflect this
    Last edited by Wolf-Bone; 11-02-2015 at 07:26 PM. Reason: i hate everything about Nova Scotia and our culture lol

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    Thanks! New Brunswick actually, but I think it's close enough. Us maritimers are all rowin' the same boat.
    NB isn't big enough to support our own IWK so if someone needs it they have to be sent to Halifax anyway. I also chose that one because the other person on my team, Amy, spent a lot of time there when they were a kid. It's a really important service in the region.

But yeah, I wouldn't disagree with a touch of masochism either ;3 I was raised in a Nintendo household so that's what I'll be playing on my stream, but I still appreciate the flair of the genesis.
    Either way, we're out to have a bit of fun and hopefully help out a good cause.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    We're going live for more Bubsy fun soon!
    Join me at http://www.twitch.tv/_noxid for Bubsy 3D and more. I forgot to post for the first two games we beat but Bubsy 1 and 2 are completed.

-----------
    Well, thanks to everyone who showed up! Together we were able to raise over 350 dollars for the iwk, that's amazing! More than I ever dreamed of. It was a great stream with only occasional technical difficulty.
    Last edited by Noxid; 11-09-2015 at 01:42 PM.

I'm sad that I missed the Bubsy Stream. Did you include Bubsy 3D: Bubsy Visits the James Turrell Retrospective? I need to reach 140 characters to become a Full-Fledged Forums Member and upload my avatar, so here are some more words.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    NovaCaine
    You guys manage to make your fundraising goal?
    I also participated this year. I made my goal($250) and had a lot of fun.
    Hope you guys did too

Only bad this was I kinda screwed up my sleep schedule by sleeping all day after the event xD
    I have a secret.​
    A dark, furry secret with big teeth.​
    Less a secret, really - more a wolf.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Weasyl
    Noxid