Weasyl
    Mom

Hello Weasylites... Weasylers... Weasyls?

Well, hello anyway, I am a new member, and this is my introduction thread. Here you will discover a number of facts about my personage, such as:

- I am 23 years old.
    - I live on the east coast of the United States.
    - I'm a quality control technician for a biotech company.
    - Art is strictly a hobby for me, though I think it'd be neat to do my own webcomic.
    - I mostly draw human and humanoid beings. Sorry.
    - I sometimes roleplay.
    - I sometimes play video games. On PC if I can help it, because console gaming is weak and inferior!
    - I am everyone's mom. All of you are my children, anybody else claiming to be your progenitor is a charlatan at best.

These eight bullet points pretty much sum me up but feel free to ask anything you're curious about or just stick around and chat.
    Last edited by Mom; 11-01-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Well I certainly agree about my adopted progenitors being charlatans and that's actually one of the lesser charges I'd level at them but claiming to be everyone's mom is some downright creepy shit. Like you're saying you're even Eminem's mom. Why does anyone want to be Eminem's mom?! Also I don't get how PC gaming is inherently better than console gaming when at this point you're just saying one type of shit gaming is slightly better than another type of shit gaming. I'm sure if you can build a really good computer, you can say you have a great gaming rig, since it seems impossible to actually buy a good computer, box and all, anywhere anymore. But aside from the fact that you can mod games on a PC, emulate older games which often does seem to be a nice alternative to things like PSN Classics and Virtual Console, rife with their own problems (mainly that most of the older games you'd really want will never be released), I don't get how that alone makes up for the fact that PC versions of games are almost always very badly made and that you wait longer than console gamers for an inferior version of that game. And those games still have everything wrong with them games in general do now with bad controls, bad scripting, too much scripting, too much reliance on DLC and microtransactions. I'd ditch all my systems for a good gaming computer in a heartbeat if they were all they were cracked up to be but they're just not.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Hello and welcome! What are your favorite games?

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    I think the technical term is "Weasards"

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Hi mum!

I got one. Weasaliens!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping what will happen is as more and more indy developers and newer startups take PC and mobile by storm and buck the trends of console gaming's bullshit, the big leagues will either step their game up and learn their lessons or fade into obscurity just like the last time that market crashed. They have this massive sense of entitlement brought about by their inflated sense of worth and necessity not realizing the last time the market crashed, it was for two reasons. The main reason was a slew of really bad products, but the more important reason is what those failures did. They made people stop giving a shit about games. There's a lot of people now who only game on mobile if they game at all. They're playing themselves if they think this can last forever.

Weasyl
    Mom
    I accidentally deleted this post, oops.

@Wolf-Bone Somebody has to be Eminem's mom, the guy's angry enough as it is. Also I feel like I should just come clean here and admit that the console gaming comment was more of a "pc is master race" joke than anything. I do slightly prefer PC gaming for the simple fact that I'm a lot more comfortable with a keyboard and mouse than I am with most controllers and as you said, it's easier to get your hands on older games, but I'm hardly qualified to judge objectively.

@Antumbra Hello! That's actually a tough question. In terms of gameplay I enjoy exploration based adventure games like Shadow of the Colossus, the Legend of Zelda franchise, and Psychonauts (Skyrim is next on my queue), but in terms of artsy storytelling I'd have to say that Brother: A Tale of Two Sons trumps all. I also really enjoy Guild Wars 2.

@Noxid Well if you want to be all politically correct about it, sure.

@Hewge Hello!

Hello! o/

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy you're stay :3

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    MOM!? How did you find me!? STAY OFF MY INTERNETS, MOM!!!

Joking aside... Hi there, and welcome! Interesting to see an artist who draws more humans/humanoids, sadly we don't seem to have many around here. ^^; Nice to meet you!

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Mom, what are you doing here!? The guys kissing? I'm an adult, mom! I can draw what I want!!!

Welcome. I really like how straightforward you seem. I get good vibes from you. I hope to see you around and that we can be friends. Have a nice time. =3