Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast

Aspiring artist eager to learn and get better

Hello everyone! I'm BerryBubbleBlast, and since this summer I decided that I want to get good at art. I say art, but what I really mean is to get better at doing sketches, 3D-modeling, and 3D-animations. Right now I'd consider myself a beginner in said subjects, but that's what I'm planning on changing now by taking all the time needed in order to get good, better, and hopefully even great as I continue practicing every week.

That being said, I'll be creating sketches, 3D-models, and eventually even animations and uploading them on my account here on Weasyl and on Furaffinity (which has a lot more sketches right now). If anyone happen to see anything wierd or just have a thought or idea how I could make my art even better, then I'd appreciate any critique and feedback you can give me.

Now, I did say I would be uploading my stuff at my accounts, but I'm also considering posting a thread around here where I can write some more of my thoughts and the process of how I made my art. This in order to have a much better place where I can get feedback and critique from. However I'm a little unsure whether I should post it in the Critique or the Sketchbook section. Would it be acceptable to have a thread in the Critique section which I'll occasionally post new material for anyone to comment about, or would it be more preferred if I posted this in the Sketchbook section instead? While I'd appreciate any "this looks great" comments, I'd be even happier if I got critique instead.

Thanks for reading!

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Hello and welcome!

I would say open the thread in the sketchbook section. I always felt the critique part was for like a one time deal.

Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast
    Hey there Antumbra and thanks for the response!

I'll take a look at the sketchbook section when I get the time for it then. I'm currently trying to work on one miniproject every week so I should have something new to share every once in a while.
    "An artist who canít take constructive critique on their work is only hurting themselves and their potential.
    Conversely, and artist that canít communicate a critique in a constructive way isnít helping anybody."
    "It's perfectly fine to draw things any way you want. However you should always ask yourself; is it believable?"
    "You must be allowed to be a bit weird sometimes. Otherwise you're not normal."