Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Introductions Please

Weasyl
    Viciviser

Introductions Please

[Do you have a persona, fursona, alter ego, original character, fanbase character, etcetera that you would like to casually role play as? Maybe something to work out their personality or just seeing how they might evolve through interaction? Well, do that here. It's time to jump in the sandbox! (i.e. just interact, free to do as you please within reason, no inherent setting.)

A really good example of sandboxing would be the revamp of the Episode I: Hot Potato comic thread.

Basic Rules:
    • Please, when role playing be courteous to others participating.
    • Humor is fine. I mean, look at the comic thread I linked. Cartoony or slapstick violence and dramatic hyperbole are great. But otherwise let's avoid being injurious in word or deed.
    • If you do happen to have a "bad" character you want to test be certain the other role players involved are okay with your actions. If they are not interested move on to someone else or edit as needed.
    • Be nice enough to edit your posts if specifically asked to.
    • In-character (IC) posts need no closing brackets or parenthesis. But if you're talking out-of-character (OOC) to communicate do so in []'s or ()'s.
    • If you really want to, you can vary the point-of-view. Speak in third person or first person. Have a narrator. Use whatever literary devices you like!
    • Be flexible and inventive! A lot of odd or crazy stuff is likely to happen! How is your character going to react?

Okay, I'll start this up! I'll use the pronoun "you" until someone else interacts!
    ]

There's a lone, horned creature sitting on the ground with its knees drawn up. It's humming a tune reminiscent of typical childhood songs. The creature is skinny, humanoid in appearance, and doesn't seem to be wearing clothes. Thankfully, its lower half is heavily furred and is cover enough. Almost seems like its bottom half is that of a sheep or goat. Not to mention its feet are cloven hooves much like a goat's. Seems to be male. And he has a long tail that's thicker at the end. Oddly enough, his horns are straight and rounded.

He looks around and notices you. You might notice that he has only a singular, giant eye in the middle of his head. His mouth is a soft, deformed muzzle with no nostrils. His tongue is lolling out of its misshapen mouth. He stops humming, grins at you, and speaks.

"OH heloll! I'm Vicheroy!"
    He says with a heavy lisp and waves his hand. He just sits there after that; staring blankly at you and idly wiggling his legs back and forth. He noisily sucks up a little trail of drool that had started around his tongue.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 10-26-2015 at 04:55 AM.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    A figure steps out from the rather ominous looking forest full of bare trees with twisting branches and fog, into a lighter, lusher forest where the one-eyed creature sat. The transition between the forests was almost instant, just a few steps in and one would find themselves in peaceful woodland scenery to creepy, dark woods.

"Spoopy," the voice was male and spoke in a flat, somewhat sinister tone, "I thought you said this creature was dead."
    He wore a dark blue hooded robe that had a few patches here and there as well as a scarf with one of its rather mangled ends hanging out from the inside of his hood in front of him. He was carrying a staff that had a horned skull at the top, the eyes in its sockets were glowing green swirls and had a dopey, jagged smile... it blinked. Most importantly however, this man was a human skeleton. From the bottom up, he wore wrappings of a dusty blue color on his feet that didn't cover his toes or heels. A simple, boney hand clutched the staff. Finally, sure enough, his face was a skull with glowing green eyes in their sockets. While not swirly like the staff's, they had a rather "no-nonsense" expression to them. In his mouth, a pipe, giving off a light green haze.

A wispy looking ghost appeared beside him, "I did sir," it said in a high pitched, female voice, "pretty brain dead!"
    The ghost cackled. I guess one can say she's very mean spirited.
    Spoopy, as she goes by, is a transparent, light-blue colored ghost with a wispy form. She has dreamy looking eyes, a mischievous smile, and little nubs for hands.
    "Ah ah ah~ we know not what this creature is capable of," the robed skeleton spoke through her laughter, "and you're being very rude."
    With that, he snapped his fingers and Spoopy exploded in the likes of a green firework, and her annoying laughter ceased.
    "Master, I want to greet him!"
    Another voice, a raspy male voice, and it came from the staff. It hopped out of the skeleton's hand and bounced towards the cyclopean creature.
    "My name is Thorn," its menacing sounding voice clashed with its mannerisms, "and I'm always on Master's side!"
    "That you are~." The skeleton said as he snatched Thorn and tapped the ground twice with him.
    "Right-o!" Thorn said in response, and his swirling eyes faded. Nothing but black sockets.
    The skeleton stepped back.
    "It seems you're capable of speech... to a degree~," he looked to the side and chuckled, "Rez, necromancer~."
    He bowed slightly, quickly scanning over this new creature as he did so.

(For a description of Rez:
    https://www.weasyl.com/character/51675/rez
    I normally like being Talix for RP, but I wanted to try out Rez for once.)
    Last edited by Talix; 10-26-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    [Oh man, the puns already, this should be fun]

The satyr blinks at first and its eye slowly widens as it takes in the girl-voice floaty, the horny knob, and the ol' smokey bonehead. It wasn't apparent if Viceroy listened to this little morbid trio. That is, until the staff bounced toward him. Viceroy bobbed his head and moved it side to side excitedly as he was approached by the horny knob. Its voice made the satyr lean away in surprise for a moment. When Thorn finished speaking and Rez continued, Viceroy leaned forward once again.

"Ohh horney knob'th... ith Thorm! Ol' thmokey boneheadth ith... REzzz Nekmomamther! It is, I am... Id Vic-eroy. Vitheroy ith it name."
    He pointed to the staff and the necromancer then pointed to himself as he once again stated his name.
    "Wath ith girl-voith froaty thin' name? STH-POOOPTHIES!? Why neckth need romancin'?"
    He asked at first, but then looked off in another direction as if expecting someone approaching.

[I held off a little bit hoping there would be more responses by now. Jump in people! Intro however you please.]

Weasyl
    N/A
    Little One...

It wasn't so much an "approach" as it was a very energetic...

... "Wheeeeeeee!" of girlish delight.

A Little One, no bigger than a ferret, skittering about through grass and leaf-litter, batting around a poor, poor little stone in a game of... Oh! Poor stone, a sudden sigh of relief, as Little One's claws and attentions transferred from Inanimate to Living. As furry chest went down and tail went up, muzzled chin to ground, backside in air as hind legs strained on tippy-toes. Her hips all a-wiggle as she first stared, then...

... "I's a Honalee! You's a'wanna play?"

Of course, being very young, she didn't wait for an answer, her wiggle simply released in a burst of fur, scales, claws and bright-eyed innocence...

... as she pounced on Rez's skeletal left foot.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei, a white arctic wolf with purple markings and hair watched the commotion from afar. She stood upright on her hind legs and had a human-esque figure, but her figure is where the similarities ended. This looks like fun! she thought to herself, eyes lighting up.

She approached Rez and greeted him with a wave and a big smile. "You must be the grim reaper! Hi!" She walked a circle around him, ignoring his ghost friend and funny staff. "So this is what death looks like, hm?" She giggled. Things back at home had been fairly boring, she was ready for something excting! A walking necromancer/skeleton seemed just the thing to brighten her day...

She heard a shrill voice from behind her and turned to see a blur of fur leap onto Rez's foot. She yelped and fell backwards, landing between Viceroy's legs...

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    "Ohh horney knob'th... ith Thorm! Ol' thmokey boneheadth ith... REzzz Nekmomamther! It is, I am... Id Vic-eroy. Vitheroy ith it name."
    He pointed to the staff and the necromancer then pointed to himself as he once again stated his name.
    "Wath ith girl-voith froaty thin' name? STH-POOOPTHIES!? Why neckth need romancin'?"
    "AAH HAHAHA~," Rez cackled, "I'm sure Spoopy would have died a second time if she heard that! She can be a real handful, not exactly what I'd consider 'romancin' as you put it, but she absolutely adores me. What can I say? I'm irresistible~."
    He exhaled a rather large amount of smoke into the air. It didn't really have a scent, but for some reason seemed very potent.
    "Viceroy, hmm? A pleasure meeting you then. Unfortunately, I must be off to collect ingredients for a few potions I'm brewing back on my neck of the woods... hm?"

Mei approached Rez and greeted him with a wave and a big smile. "You must be the grim reaper! Hi!" She walked a circle around him, ignoring his ghost friend and funny staff. "So this is what death looks like, hm?" She giggled.
    "Ohoho, you flatter me~ the Reaper is far more productive with his time and power than I, Miss...?"
    At this point he felt something attack his foot, and looked down to see the Little One.

"Oh dear~, it seems as though it's going to be quite the interesting day~," he sarcastically said as if caught in a trap he could easily get out of, but decided to play along, "And who, and what might you be~?"
    Last edited by Talix; 10-29-2015 at 05:26 PM.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Surjia the anthro snow leopard walked through the forest, kicking he dirt with his large feetpaws as he walked. "Stupid Dervante," he muttered under his breath in his deep voice. "Gettting me lost in the forest on my way to the tavern...Just wanted a few drinks with my best buddy from The Rootwater Inn...maybe meet some hot chicks there...but NOOO, he gets me lost instead!" He scoffed as he pulled out the barely legible directions that had gotten him so confused and wandering.

"I wonder if..." he began musing, but paused mid-sentence. He had just wandered into the lighter part of the woods, and stumbled across quite a scene. A skeleton with a staff was being attacked by a fuzzy little creature but seemed not to be too bothered, and an arctic wolf was laying in between a rather strange looking satyr's legs.

He stopped and stared for about three seconds, then cleared his throat to introduce himself. "Arrrhem...Hello, all. I'm Surjia Domae Ramar. Looking for the Rootwater Inn. Can any of you help me find it?" He waited expectantly for an answer.

[In case any of you were wondering, Surjia looks like this: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/79751/surjia-s-smile And he's always looking for ladies to impress but tends to fail miserably. So Mei, he might hit on your character if you don't mind, I promise it won't be sexual, he just has just really poor flirting skills that never pick up chicks. If that gets uncomfortable for you just let me know and I'll have him move onto someone else.]

Weasyl
    N/A
    (Tiger- you're fine, you should see the other rps i am participating in on this forum... we had an agreement to keep it as pg-13 as we could. It was hard, but we got around it x3 so dont worry, go for it. Its hard to make me feel uncomfortable in an online situation.. my bf understands hahaha)

Weasyl
    N/A
    Who, What, Where...?

"And who, and what might you be~?"

The Little One stopped her careful gnawing on a bony ankle, looked up with one ear forwards, the other, cocked back, and then rolled her eyes...

... "I's a alls'ready tellers you! I's a HONALEE!" Yes, Honalee spoke her name with greater volume this time... greater authority, as if making some very important declaration of undeniable fact. Rather spoiled when she "made raspberries" at this bone man's failure to hear. And yes, she was feeling saucy today, what with her being alone here. Her parents? Well...

... "You's a funny boner mans......."

With that declaration, a sudden hark and snort... precursor to alien laughter... interrupted "events". A figure, somewhat like Honalee, emerged from the trees. Somewhat like... same long ferret-like torso, lower limbs and underside of tail scaled, the rest, fur... same ears, same "badge" in the middle of forehead... much bigger, of course... but no tuft on end of tail, balanced by a feathered shroudruff covering his back from shoulders to tail's base. Yes, male, quite evident when he sat up on haunches, not at all self-conscious over his lack of pants.

However...

... Eyes on his daughter, he "horked" again, then lost it...

... "Boner mans!" Hrrr! Hrrrrrrrk! No, he couldn't help laughing. Couldn't help rolling around in the grass, overcome by mirth, till he found himself, clawed hands on belly, splayed out on his back... chuckling.

... "Sorry... kits say the darndest things. One reason parenthood is to die for....... oh, and we're Nism." Toothy grin split muzzle as chest heaved and all four nostrils flared in a sudden sigh of content, eyes now moved from Rez to Surjia...

... "Rootwater Inn? I think we stayed there last night......."
    Last edited by Roose Hurro; 11-05-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei blinked at the little critter gnawing on the skeleton's foot as she recovered from the scare. She couldn't help but giggle at the furry ball of fury. "You's a funny boner mans......." Honalee said. At this, Mei snorted, trying to hold in a fit of laughter. Instead, she giggled uncontrollably, holding her sides. A tear came to her eye.

"Arrrhem...Hello, all. I'm Surjia Domae Ramar. Looking for the Rootwater Inn. Can any of you help me find it?" The newcomer was a snow leopard. Mei managed to slow her laughter and push herself slowly to her feet, wiping her eyes. "Hi! I'm Mei." She waved both at the leopard and the skeleton. "Rootwater inn?? I think I walked by there to get here.." She looked around at the terrain with a blank stare. "Although I'm not sure where I am now..." She admitted shyly. "I get distracted easily."
    Last edited by Mei; 11-05-2015 at 09:59 PM.