Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Big Anime Fan

Quote Originally Posted by VHShead View Post
    I'm mostly a fan of the older anime stuff (70s/80s for the most part) like Silver Fang, Sandybell, Starzinger, Galaxy Express 999, Cobra, Moomins and Queen Millenia. Some of the newer stuff that I have been watching though are One Piece, Wolf's Rain and Azumanga Daioh (which is hilarious).

The Ghibli films are also amazing! My favorite being Grave of the Fireflies. <3
    sorry i have to lol everytime i hear the word cobra

i was sad to hear that the anime/manga does not feature the two best characters, rock knight and parrot grass

edited to remove double post

Weasyl
    Ryunohito
    oh god, where to begin. well, absolute favorite would have to be the Ghost in the Shell series, i'ev watched ALL of it at least 4 or 5 times now, never gets old :3 And Cowboy Bebop is a very close second favorite. That being said, Gundam holds a pretty good place in my heart, my favorites of that series being 0080 War in the Pocket, 0083 Stardust Memory, and 08th MS Team, though Gundam Wing is what started me on the whole thing. Recently been watching Soul Eater again, though I originally saw it when it was first coming out over in Japan, so it was fansubbed, I don't care too much for some of the English voice actors. Also watched through the first 2 seasons of D-Grey Man, though it's all Netflix had at the moment, but i'm definitely going to try to find the rest of it.
    oh, and Higurashi was a pretty good mindfuck.

i'm sure there's more but i think it'd take me too long to try to list all of what i've watched XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ryunohito View Post
    That being said, Gundam holds a pretty good place in my heart, my favorites of that series being 0080 War in the Pocket, 0083 Stardust Memory, and 08th MS Team,
    *thumbs up*

Like VHShead, I'm also a fan of older titles (mostly from the 70s and 80s, the latter being of most interest at the moment). Gundam 0080, Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Gunbuster, Votoms, Jetter Mars, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Akira, etc. I also like other titles from the 90s to now such as Kobo-chan, Nadia, Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Mahoromatic, Desert Punk, Trigun, Birdy the Mighty, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon_Unit01 View Post
    Gundam 0080, Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Votoms, Jetter Mars, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock.
    You, I like you too.

Also, I decided to start watching Martian Successor Nadesico on a whim

I am loving it

Currently my favorites include stuff like Outlaw Star and The ghost in the shell Stand Alone Complex Series, they're both very involving anime and for some reason I always enjoy watching them.

As for my currently watching list it's pretty small:

Soul Eater Girlfriend and I are about 2X episodes in. I've read some of the manga but not enough to know everything that's gonna happen.

Oran Host Club Started watching this one on a whim thanks to some local furs.

I'm on episode 20 of Nadesico

omgthisismyfavoriteanimeevernow

Weasyl
    marzipan
    Haven't watched a lot of anime in a looong time, but I get the itch to get back into it quite a bit. I usually have to pick and choose when I binge now :B

Favorites from the past few years: Gundam 00 (I'm a stupidly big mecha fan and I used to build tons of models), Sakamichi no Apollon, Jellyfish Princess (Kuragehime), Baccano!, Mushishi (<3 <3 <3), Tiger and Bunny, The Tatami Galaxy (changed my life, noooo kidding), and Black Jack. God I love Black Jack.

Been meaning to find time to binge on some more Gundam series that I never got to watch as a kid, and some other ones like Count of Monte Cristo. I find it a chore to set up watching a series or a movie these days, I'm way more into reading comics when I can.

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon_Unit01 View Post
    Like VHShead, I'm also a fan of older titles (mostly from the 70s and 80s, the latter being of most interest at the moment). Gundam 0080, Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Gunbuster, Votoms, Jetter Mars, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Akira, etc. I also like other titles from the 90s to now such as Kobo-chan, Nadia, Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Mahoromatic, Desert Punk, Trigun, Birdy the Mighty, etc.
    You have amazing tastes. The 70s and 80s had some amazing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Marzipan View Post
    Been meaning to find time to binge on some more Gundam series that I never got to watch as a kid,.
    Start with the original 1979 Gundam, then Zeta, ZZ, and CCA. From there, you can check out the other UC OVAs and/or watch the F91 movie and Victory.