Weasyl
    N/A

another one bites the dust..

Hey y'all, I'm Grassfed

As you could probably imagine, I'm also finding my way here from FaF. I was hardly even settled in there before everything went haywire, I only just discovered the furry fandom a few months ago and decided to join a forum to learn a bit more about it and was only there a month or two before it shut down.

I'm 22 years old and from the bay area California, currently living between southern Oregon and the Bay Area. I love nature, animals, organic/sustainable gardening, fermenting foods, making kombucha/jun, hiking, skateboarding, riding dirt bikes and practically anything fun or chill..

anyway, cheers folks!

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Welcome to Weasyl Forums, Ganzfeld! Oop, I mean Grassfed! It's good that you were not exposed to much FAF... It's bad for your health.
    I've had kombucha... and I didn't hate it but it definitely did not agree with my palette. I still think it's a viable detoxifier and I might try to expose myself to it now and again and see if I can develop a taste for it. I also think it cool that you're gardening with a focus in sustainability.

What exactly made you want to look into the furry fandom more? Mostly the anthropomorphic art or is there something to do with the community itself too?
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-28-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    lol thanks! I think certain fruit/herb combos taste super good and mask the vinegar type flavor a lot of strong kombucha has, its been good for my gut though. I even use it as a hair rinse! The organic acids and B vitamins are super good for your hair/skin.

Honestly, I just randomly came across an anthrocon vid and was very confused at first lol. I had no idea there was cons for such a thing, or that they would even be so big! So me being the type of person I am had to watch more videos, read up on it and try to gain an understanding of it. Next thing you know, I'm joining forums n stuff

I grew up with a whole lot of anthropomorphic cartoons/movies as a kid so it makes sense that I like the whole anthro/fursuiting/furry art culture. I just had no idea it was a 'thing' hehe. I think I actually came across that Anthrocon video by watching a Bojack Horseman clip(on a side-note, that show is fucking amazing) on youtube and seen it in the sidebar. I guess I just did what I normally do when finding a new hobby/interest and join a forum or two so I can talk to people and read/learn about the culture, so far I like it

I'd love to go to a con though! I'm hoping I could make it to Further Confusion, even if I have to end up going by myself it still looks like it would be an awesome time.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    First off, gotta say, Bojack Horseman is awesome! My fiancÚ and I both have kept up with it since it came out and we tried to pace out watching the second season but we found we were on the last episode all too soon. I identify so much with Diane Nguyen you have no idea.

I've been using baking soda with water and then apple cider vinegar with water as my "shampoo and conditioner" for a while now. I'll have to keep that in mind that kombucha can work for that too.

I did much the same. I was exposed to the art first, something specifically in the furry niche back when I was still in college. At first I was just trying to find more of that artist when I realized it was part of something greater. After that, much like you, I researched it and found the community. The fursuiting confused me as well, but not in a bad way. Took me a bit to understand it.
    I've been to one con, Furry Fiesta, in Dallas about 5 times now I think. It's been great every time! And that's even with me, my friend, and my fiancÚ not being the most social people. My fiancÚ and I even danced one year on their dance floor. We don't dance. So the fact that we were able to relax enough to do that speaks volumes.

Glad you're looking into going to a Furcon. I don't think you'll regret it. Should be a blast!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Hi and welcome ^U^ What part of the bay?? I live near Grass Valley. Mountain biking and motorcycles are my favorites and anything outdoors! I bet there's some good dirt biking up where you live... I just attended a wedding in Oregon with my boyfriend and the country looks really fun!

Weasyl
    N/A
    thanks! I'm from the east bay Antioch/Pittsburg area, grew up riding Carnegie and Hollister Hills a lot. Theres a lot of good riding in Oregon, a good mix of techincal woods/hillclimbs(my favorite riding) and dunes/tracks, everyone seems fairly pro-dirtbike/ATV up in Oregon too I see lots of bikes. And it is beautiful up here!