Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A

Headset reccomendations??

So my headset finally died about 5 months ago and Im thinking of getting a new one soon. Poor thing served me well, but is WAY out of my budget right now (Logitech g35).

Does anyone have any personal preferences? I prefer something with either a detachable mic boom or a boomless mic. I also love pink x3

I use the Astro A50s, they are wireless and so comfy. No detachable mic though
    WE'RE RED, YOU'RE DEAD

Weasyl
    Levi
    Before I answer...

Could you say what's the upper cap of what you're willing to spend ($50? $30?) -- I don't want to suggest something outside your budget.
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    Ahkrin Descol
    If you want a surprisingly good headset for about $20-25 try the Microsoft Life Chat LX-3000. I was expecting a hunk of junk looking at the price and appearance of it and the thing lasted me more than 4 years, the sound quality's quite good and the microphone's crystal clear on the receiving end. I only used this headset for listening to music/playing games and chatting to friends but I never had any problems until it suddenly died.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Sadly I can't find who the avatar's by, it's somewhere in the murky land that is DeviantArt.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahkrin Descol View Post
    If you want a surprisingly good headset for about $20-25 try the Microsoft Life Chat LX-3000. I was expecting a hunk of junk looking at the price and appearance of it and the thing lasted me more than 4 years, the sound quality's quite good and the microphone's crystal clear on the receiving end. I only used this headset for listening to music/playing games and chatting to friends but I never had any problems until it suddenly died.

That actually sounds much better price-wise. It's surprising what you can get for cheap sometimes, thats why I put this thread up. thank you!! <(^u^)>

Weasyl
    Ahkrin Descol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    That actually sounds much better price-wise. It's surprising what you can get for cheap sometimes, thats why I put this thread up. thank you!! <(^u^)>
    No problem, hope it's what you're after ^_^
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Sadly I can't find who the avatar's by, it's somewhere in the murky land that is DeviantArt.

Weasyl
    Dvir
    Get a Quality pair of Headphones you like & one of these: http://www.modmic.com/

WAY Better than any Headset.

I am doing Turtle Beach EAR FORCE z11, and I really enjoy them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendo Eevpix View Post
    I am doing Turtle Beach EAR FORCE z11, and I really enjoy them.
    How is Turtle Beach holding up for you? Any issues yet? Ive just had really bad luck in the past