Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thank you, Ben. I'm glad the site is as flexible as it is in it's current state.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by MukiHyena View Post
    Thank you, Ben. I'm glad the site is as flexible as it is in it's current state.
    As long as it maintains this trend I think Weasyl will do fine. I'd rather have a decent product with great customer service then a high end product where the service when something is wrong teeth-achingly bad.

I have been lurking in this particular forum, since the entire 'tagging' situation was very concerning to me. Several times I wanted to step in, but I have found people are handling it beautifully, and I have almost never seen such maturity in a forum when handling a topic that can be very emotional.
    I just want to say that I am THOROUGHLY impressed by all the admins. You approach it with humility, and are eager to do what you can to continue to make this site better. I have not seen admins with such a level head in a very long time.

I was worried that, if people did NOT tag their artwork as furry, there would be much grief and it would be a big issue. But I'm glad this is not the case. In fact, the idea of mandatory 'check boxes' is a fantastic suggestion.

Weasyl
    oly
    Quote Originally Posted by MukiHyena View Post
    I'm sure we all can agree that DA is filled with a bunch of unnecessary crap, and I personally avoid that place like the plague. They do, however, appeal to the "General Art" demographic in the sense that they all sorts of art from pretty much anybody. Either way, DeviantArt was probably a bad example, how about ConceptArt.org? HentaiFoundry? The point I'm trying to get across is there are tons of feature-rich sites out there that appeal to the demographic of non-furry art. As far as furry art goes, however, not so much. Which is why most users are still over at FA.
    This site does cater to furs though, just not furs exclusively.
    And yeah I suppose there aren't many feature rich sites that appeal to furs, but really how many sites actually are as feature rich as DA? it's not their design but the people running it that make it a cesspool.
    as for conceptart and hentaifoundry, i've barely been on the former and never heard of the latter until now so I can't really comment on them compared to any other site.

The sooner, the better. Being harassed over tags is absolutely obnoxious and when the site goes live, will be an issue that will need to be resolved, because as it is right now this will be a huge problem. People get buttmad very easily if they see something on the internet their little minds can't handle.

Exactly! As I said before, I made sure the tags on the works I submitted are as flexible as possible, ticking off any restraints on my tag options, as the site allows users to add and remove them as they see fit. Which is why I found it extremely obnoxious for someone to come in and try to tell me how to manage my submission tags and then threaten me for not complying with their demands, when the system is so flexible.
    I agree with teh sooner the better, but I don't see Dragonite's actions as quite harassment. At least not his initial action, which was just trying to help educate people to the import of the tagging system. His further actions were not to my understanding intended as harassment and meh probably could have been handled better on his part but that's been dealt with by staff so not much point in beating a dead majestic musclebeast.

Or the people like me who hear of this great new FA alternative that was shown at Anthrocon by a bunch of furries and assume this is site centered mainly furry artwork, but welcomes all artists. I think somebody made the point that tagging things as furry on a furry site is useless, as it's the expected subject matter of the site's content. Sort of like tagging something as "Sex" on HentaiFoundry or E621, or even "Furry" on FurAffinity.

So forgive me if I was mistaken that this is a "furry" site, but given what I'd heard coming in, could you honestly blame me or anybody else?
    As my first paragraph; tagging things as furry on FA or fchan or e621, yeah probably kinda dumb, but this is supposed to be welcoming to anybody, not just furs. but I expect the staff will be making that a bit more clear in the future, so meh, for now all we can do is try to make sure that when we talk about Weasyl to other people that we mention that while it does intend to target furs, it's open to all, and should be treated as such.

but of course no, nobody can blame you. and I mean teh site did start out as just furry centric, so yeah the decision to be more actively targeted to a broader audience is gonna add a bit of complication. But if the user-base is helping out in that regard it will ease things a bit... certainly more than people just complaining and being quick to nay-say and bash the site as never going to work. ;3

So are we good now?

If so, I do want to apologize to any artists I may have came across as rude to, as well as the staff. There are measures I should have taken to mitigate what has occurred. However, as a site in beta, I guess this stuff is bound to happen, right?
    Last edited by RX-149Dragonite; 10-19-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    So are we good now?

If so, I do want to apologize to any artists I may have came across as rude to, as well as the staff. There are measures I should have taken to mitigate what has occurred. However, as a site in beta, I guess this stuff is bound to happen, right?
    I can't and won't speak for everyone but I think the dust has settled on this for the most part. It's wonderful to see things being handled in a civil nature.

Weasyl
    oly
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    However, as a site in beta, I guess this stuff is bound to happen, right?
    Absolutely, and even more so in light of the fact that weasyl's goal is somewhat ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I can't and won't speak for everyone but I think the dust has settled on this for the most part. It's wonderful to see things being handled in a civil nature.
    Same.

Weasyl
    GingerM
    IIRC, there was a suggestion a week or two ago to the effect of implementing a tagging system similar to e621.net. I'm not familiar with the nuts and bolts of how that software works, but I don't see it as being out of the realm of possibility to (over time) construct a set of tag synonyms. For example, neko is a short form of both nekomimi and nekomusume, so it should imply both of them. nekomimi in turn should imply kenomomimi, and that should in turn imply anthro.

One question that arises is this: when a tag is a short form for another - neko for nekomimi/nekomusume, herm for hermaphrodite, etc. should a tag implication system also include substitution; i.e., add nekomimi, nekomusume and remove the original neko tag?
    Last edited by GingerM; 10-19-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    FA: GINGERM | RHIANNON ~ SOFURRY ~ FUTANARI PALACE ~ RENDEROTICA
    WEASYL ~ DEVIANTART ~ HENTAI FOUNDRY ~ WIKIFUR
    Live life to the fullest, love with a full heart.