Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Submissions with filtered tags appearing in my watchbox

Basically as it says in the topic, things that have tags that I have filtered are appearing in my watchbox if an artist I watch posts such stuff.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Ben
    Okay, so:

1) Is it a standard tag filter?
    2) What is the tag in question?
    3) What submission(s) is this happening with?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Added a check for blocked tags when selecting users to notify of a submission; issue is left open until we can be sure it is fully resolved

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Okay, so:

1) Is it a standard tag filter?
    2) What is the tag in question?
    3) What submission(s) is this happening with?
    Standard tag filter, set to adult only, and mine in question was "furry" (Shocking, I know), and I deleted the picture from my messages already, so I can't tell you which.

Quote Originally Posted by Kihari View Post
    Added a check for blocked tags when selecting users to notify of a submission; issue is left open until we can be sure it is fully resolved
    Neat, thank you.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Weasyl
    Ben
    Gotcha. I would recommend adding a filter for "anthro" too, since I'm sure you're not interested in seeing adult work of anthro characters that lack fur. Just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Gotcha. I would recommend adding a filter for "anthro" too, since I'm sure you're not interested in seeing adult work of anthro characters that lack fur. Just a hunch.
    Yeah, I suppose, but not everybody tags their stuff with "anthro" or "furry" or broad terms like that, and I'm definitely not entering every animal in the whole world in my filter either.

Weasyl
    Morphology
    I'd suggest "anthro" and "furry", since they're synonymous. There was a suggestion that popped up about adding tagging aliases and implications, which would help streamline the tagging and filtering system, so that would be neat.

I've also been going through recently submitted works and adding proper subject tags (human/anthro/furry/robot/pokemon/etc) and notifying people about it, and everyone's been very nice and helpful so far. I also added a reminder to the site discussion thread, so hopefully that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphology View Post
    I've also been going through recently submitted works and adding proper subject tags (human/anthro/furry/robot/pokemon/etc) and notifying people about it, and everyone's been very nice and helpful so far. I also added a reminder to the site discussion thread, so hopefully that will help.
    I've been doing that too, and it was fine until today, where I got basically "fuck off, if you don't like it" replies to my notes.

Weasyl
    Morphology
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    I've been doing that too, and it was fine until today, where I got basically "fuck off, if you don't like it" replies to my notes.
    I'm sorry that you got such a rude response like that. Despite a high amount of furry art this is not a furry-only site, and a person has all the right to see or filter what they want. And it is the submitter's responsibility to make sure the art is properly tagged in consideration to others.

I went through the submissions from last night all the way to this morning, and the amount of tags needing correction has gone down significantly, so that really helps. Hopefully the filtering system will be more thorough for you now. Once we have a way to browse oldest submissions first, then I'll get back and work on the tags on the older stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphology View Post
    I went through the submissions from last night all the way to this morning, and the amount of tags needing correction has gone down significantly, so that really helps. Hopefully the filtering system will be more thorough for you now. Once we have a way to browse oldest submissions first, then I'll get back and work on the tags on the older stuff.
    Thank you for your work, it's greatly appreciated.