Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    admirallupine

Favorite Game On Each System Ever Owned

Just curious to know what are some of your favorite games that you could pop in to your SNES, Genesis, PS2, 360, any console or handheld you've owned, and could play anytime. Maybe list some reasons as to why these games are special to you. Arcade and PC games are welcome.

My list:
    NES- Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse
    One of my earliest memories was playing this game along with Super Mario Bros. and Punch Out, but Castlevania 3 stood out to me the most. It was an exciting adventure that took you across varied and beautiful locations, fighting back monsters and the undead. It was like an action movie and its presentation nailed it in further with its opening sequence looking like a film strip as it filled you in on the story, or when you met people along the way and they ask you if they can tag along. But what I loved most of all was its unforgettable and magnificent soundtrack. I've played the game when I was four to five years old, getting as far as having Alucard as a partner, and unfortunately my parents gave away the NES. I wasn't able to play the game for years after that or even bothered to look up anything on it, but those songs were embedded into my mind, I never forgot them. I eventually found out that the Japanese version had a better sound chip in its cartridge and I was stunned by its quality. To this day, I still think Castlevania 3 is a artistic masterpiece on the NES; gameplay, visuals, and all.

Gameboy- Kirby's Dreamland
    I'll try to make these a little bit shorter, maybe limit one highlight about each game; Castlevania 3 just holds a very special spot in my heart so I had to go on about it. Kirby's Dreamland wasn't a very difficult game, but offered secrets once the game was beaten. A hard mode unlocked when the story was beaten normally, and a configuration mode was unlocked after beaten the hard mode. In this configuration screen, you can adjust how many hit points you start out with. Needless to say, I've played this game for quite a bit trying to complete my "Insane mode." I never did.

SNES- Kirby Super Star
    Kirby had become one of my favorite video game characters after this, and I spent hours playing this game trying to find all the treasures in The Great Cave Offensive. Also the Kirby series at this point had one of the best video game soundtracks I've ever heard, right up there with Castlevania.

Genesis- Sonic the Hedgehog 3
    I mean. This is pretty much the only game I had for the Genesis. Not really, but really. Slap this on top of the Sonic and Knuckles cartridge and you're in for a good time.

Gameboy Color- Pokemon G/S/C
    I don't think this needs any explanation as this is basically two Pokemon games in one cartridge, in other words, any kid's dream. While nowadays Johto isn't exactly my favorite region, and in my opinion, the remakes did not do it for me at all, I can't deny that I was blown away by the adventure that this game had in store for you.
    Fun facts: I picked the female protagonist in Crystal because I thought I couldn't get Suicune otherwise.
    It seems I will never know the name of my rival. "???" why are you so mysterious!? (A lot of us named him this back in the day I'm sure, right? Right? Please let it not just be me.)

Gameboy Advance- Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga
    This game made me laugh out loud. It was like I was watching a really good Mario cartoon. It was also the only game I actually had to hunt down going to several stores trying to find it. Well worth.

Gamecube- Resident Evil
    I spent the early years of elementary school watching my step dad play Resident Evil 1 and 2 on the Playstation.
    Scarred for life... but it was a welcome scar.
    When this remake came out, it was time to go at it alone and face my fears. This is how a remake is done.

Nintendo DS- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

This was a welcome back to Castlevania since the third game. I missed out on Symphony of the Night, yes, but Dawn of Sorrow pleasantly surprised me with where the series had been going, gameplay-wise at least. A perfect blend of adventure, platforming, rpg elements, and spoopy munsters, and I love me my spoopy munsters.

PSP- Persona 3 Portable
    I cried. A few times.

Nintendo 3DS- Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
    I love the Etrian Odyssey series and Untold 2 is the most beautiful one to date. It perked my interest in dungeon crawling, but Etrian Odyssey was the only game that does it right for me thanks to its combination of gorgeous dungeons, excellent music, awesome monsters, and cutesy character portraits.

Arcade- House of the Dead 2
    It FEASTS on QUARTERS man, not brains!!
    HotD3 is a very close second, HotD2 just pulled through with its voice acting and a few special moments I had with it. I'd share but I think I've been chatting up a lot already.

PC- Can't choose.
    Last edited by Talix; 09-21-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    N64: eh... either super 64 mario or zelda ocarina of time
    PS2: final fantasy 10
    PS1: might and magic
    PC: morrowind
    DS: Solatorobo
    3DS: pokemon Y
    360: skyrim
    XBOX ONE: dragon age inquition

thats all the ones i can think of now
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Dreamline
    OH BABY

Nintendo 64 - Banjo-Kazooie
    Game Boy Color - Wario Land 2
    Game Boy Advance - Final Fantasy V
    Nintendo Gamecube - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
    Wii - Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Nintendo DS -Dragon Quest Monsters 2 Joker
    Wii U - Super Smash Bros
    3DS - Pokemon Omega Ruby

PS2 - Final Fantasy X
    PS3 -
    PS4 - Final Fantasy Type-0

Xbox - Halo 2
    Xbox 360 - Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair
    Xbox One - Just Dance 2015

Steam - Audiosurf 2
    "There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    NES - Monster Party
    Hell yeah. You're a kid who gets abducted by a monster named BERT. You hit stuff with a baseball bat. You take drugs to turn into the monster who abducted you. Then you can fly and shoot lazerbeams out of your face! Some of the monsters are giant eggplants and tempura fried foods. Best game ever.

SNES - Tie between Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana
    Beautiful games. So much story. So fun to play. I could explain all the things, but it would be way too much to read.
    Honorable mention is Demon's Crest. I love Firebrand and playing as him. Gargoyle demons rock.

Gameboy - Kirby's Dreamland 2
    You freaking run around and eat stuff. Beat the crap out of bosses to save animals and then you combine with them. Rick, Coo, and Kine are the best friends ever. All the combinations of attacks are a ton of fun to run around and get let alone gathering the crystals so you can get the best ending. I sunk so many hours into that game and played it through about 3 times. I think I fell in love thrashing King Dedede too.
    Runner up: Final Fantasy Legend II
    I liked the open elements in this game. You can start out as a human, mutant, robot, or one of three monsters. But your mom and dad are human... WUT? Was I adopted? But sosososo the monsters you can start out as are slime, imp, and baby dragon. Guess what I picked more often than not? Just GUESS. And then your dad runs off because he's a hero or some crap. You grow up and feel the need to search for your father. So you choose 3 other people from your school to go off with you on a journey. You go to different worlds and fight gods who carry Magi crystals. Pretty neat concept. Monsters transform by eating other monster's meat!

Genesis - Streets of Rage
    You walk around and beat up everyone you see. Eat chicken out of the garbage. Throw knives at people. What's not to like?

Gameboy Color - Azure Dreams
    Didn't really play many gameboy color games. Azure Dreams is a monster collecting game but you are traveling up levels in a tower to find your father. The characters are anime tropes but there was something I liked about the story and game play.

Nintendo 64 - Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Zelda: Majora's Mask
    This is what put me on the Zelda game frenzy. I go into both of those pretty deep. Never beat MM though.

Gameboy Advance - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and FFTA2: Grimoire of the Rift
    Probably the only time I really loved tactical games. The world of Ivalice is so cool and so are its races. The grind can get a little boring but the story really keeps you interested in what happens next. Job system and classes are cool.
    Runner ups: Summon Night: Sword Craft Story and its sequel
    You get a guardian beast and forge weapons. Side scrolling real-time combat. Love the designs and how you have an intimate relationship with your summoned guardian beast.

Gamecube - Animal Crossing
    My induction into that game series. As far as game I played the most hours on, this would be it. It is when I first fell in love with Bob.

Nintendo DS - Summon Night: Twin Age
    I did not play many DS games. I liked the addition to the Summon Night series.

Nintendo 3DS - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    It's a guilty pleasure okay?

PS1 - Breath of Fire III
    Gorgeous game with both its art and character designs. Definitely an epic story and quest.
    I played so many PS1 games though so it is hard to decide. Suikoden I and II, Star Ocean: Second Story, Wild Arms I and II, Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9, Saga Frontier I and II, Breath of Fire IV. I mean, these are some of the best RPGs ever.

PS2 - Kingdom Hearts
    This was just a cool game overall. Very creative and inventive. Battle strategy is a big deal and it is fun to master.
    also
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    I love real-time battle rpgs. This one had some great elements to it. For some reason it is not quite as memorable as Star Ocean: Second Story, but it is very good and the character roster is pretty cool... if a little confusing.

PSP - Final Fantasy Dissidia
    Fun battle system and interesting cutscenes seeing all of these heroes and villains interacting.

Arcade - Tekken 3 and Gauntlet
    I'm best with Hwoarang and King in Tekken 3. I like the battle system even though I tend to suck at fighting games. Gauntlet is simply so much fun to run around in.

Computer - Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim
    I can't even begin to figure out the hours of gameplay let alone downloading mods to improve the game. I've never even completed the main quests in either. I just get too involved in all the quests everywhere and endlessly running around.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-21-2015 at 06:34 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    NES: Metroid. 'Nuff said.

Game Boy: Metroid 2

SNES: Tetris Attack, which I consider one of the finest vs. puzzle games in existence and the only game I can play at a competitive level.
    (Super Metroid is a close second.)

N64: LoZ Majora's Mask

PSX: Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Game Boy Advance: Metroid Fusion

Gamecube: Metroid Prime trilogy

Wii: LoZ Twilight Princess

Xbox 360: Orange Box
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Atari 2600 - Keystone Capers
    Sega Master System - Phantasy Star
    SNES - Terranigma
    Mega Drive - Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    Nintendo 64 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I actually got MM first. That was the one game that made me super hyped but in the end made me really disappointed.
    Playstation - Final Fantasy IX - Which I consider not only the last non-MMORPG real FF but the pinnacle of the series
    Gameboy Color - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - Which I prefer a 1000 times over every non ALBW handheld Zelda
    Game Boy Advance - Mother 3 - Which I find to be VASTLY superior to Earthbound
    Playstation 2 - Katamari Damacy - I HATED that generation so there aren't many good games to begin with
    Gamecube - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Same as above
    Playstation 3 - Sonic Unleashed - There are like less than 10 games I care about on the PS3. So I don't even need to play Persona 5 to know it will take the position.
    Wii - Xenoblade - Easily one of my favorite jRPGs ever.
    Nintendo DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - I like them all but this has the nostalgia value.
    Nintendo 3DS - Kid Icarus Uprising - This is why Sakurai should be reviving more series/making new IPs instead of Smash Bros.
    Wii U - Super Mario 3D World - This is the 3D Mario game I have been waiting for since playing Mario 64.
    PC - Final Fantasy XIV - It's the only MMO I find worth playing. And arguably the only one that still justifies the subscription model.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    So question. Can we include games we've bought on digital services even if we never owned the original hardware or games we played on their original consoles successor? Because I never had a PS1, but I have PS1 games on my PSP and Vita and actual PS1 discs I plop into my PS2/3 sometimes.
    Yeah, sure. I mean I had to do that with Castlevania 3 really. Had to re-experience it on Virtual Console and whatnot.
    Last edited by Talix; 09-21-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Atari: Joust

NES: Guardian Legend

GB:
    Pokemon Gold / Silver

SNES:
    Super Metroid

Genesis:
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles

N64:
    Majora's Mask

GBC:
    Metroid Fusion

PS2:
    Soul Reaver 2

Gamecube:
    Metroid Prime 2

Wii:
    NSMB Wii

3DS: Link Between Worlds

Xbox 360:
    Mass Effect 2

PS3:
    Little Big Planet

PS4:
    MGSV

PC:
    Axiom Verge or La Mulana
    Resident Koopa Trash

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Weasyl
    MLR
    Seeing some great titles here. This is a hard one, but I'll try. Luckily I stopped playing video games faithfully around the Wii era and never owned that many consoles.

NES: The Legend of Zelda. Blaster Master is a close second. People forget now, but the joy of a lot of those old confusing, cryptic titles for this console didn't come so much from beating the games, as from just wandering around and exploring them.

SNES: Earthbound. This game is quite literally a work of art.

N64: Perfect Dark. Countless hours spent on this one. I can excuse the massive slowdown and shoddy controls; it's still a shitload of fun to play to this day. Majora's Mask is great, too; far superior to Ocarina of Time (which may be sacrilege to say, but I'm saying it).

PS1: Legend of Mana. Not just my favorite game for this system: my favorite game of all time. Not even totally sure I can explain it, because as a game it's pretty dull (the combat is super easy to tease out), but it's just an all-around beautiful thing, from the art to the music to the general design, the mystifying complexity of the weapon modification and magic systems, building golems, ranching monster companions, hundreds of unlockable quests, quirky and creative characters and character designs, and all bundled into an overarching theme about the dangers and bounties of helping to bring love back to the world. Also the ending theme song is in Swedish.
    Breath of Fire IV is also wonderful and worth mention.

PS2: Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. This game totally doesn't get the respect it deserves. Love the messy industrial underground setting, and again it has a wonderful score.

GameCube: Super Mario Sunshine. Another one that doesn't seem to get enough love. It's got a combination of a neat setting with lots of room to explore, and superb gameplay mechanics. Mario 64 feels stiff and awful compared to this game. It's just fun to play.

Wii: Really hard choice... but I may have to go with Ookami.

PC: Exile 3: Ruined World. Give me a thumbs up if you've heard of this one. Half-Life is a very close second, as I can play that over and over again (also love Black Mesa, obviously, and Half Life 2).

NES: The Guardian Legend (glad I'm not the only one)
    Genesis: Earthworm Jim
    N64: Perfect Dark at the time, Banjo-Kazooie now
    PS2: Devil May Cry
    Gamecube: Killer 7
    Xbox 360: The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile, or Rock Band for sheer hours spent playing