Atari 2600: Grand Prix
This is the one game I can actually remember playing for the thing. Well, I can remember others, but I remember liking this one the most. It's far from great, and can even be called terrible, but I liked it.

NES: Kid Icarus
It was amazingly hard, but a joy to play every time. And that music, oh man that music. I still whistle various songs from this one when I'm idling. Definitely my most memorable NES game.

Game Boy/Color: Dragon Quest Monsters
This was my jam back in the day. While Pokemon had the market, and I enjoyed that one too, Dragon Quest had the monsters and combat I really wanted out of a game like this. Mimics, slimes, possessed objects, giant rock-men, classic dragons, and battles featuring multiple monsters with monsters that could learn up to eight spells apiece. I'm forever sad this will never come west again.

Game Gear: Tails Adventure
I prefer Tails to Sonic anyway, so this was a no brainer, but this game is actually pretty great. Walk through areas, find items that will let you progress later and find more items, eventually getting all the chaos emeralds and bringing peace back to the island you're on. It has some bullcrap moments, but it's generally pretty easy.

Super Nintendo: Illusion of Gaia
This friggin game. This game I can play over and over again. Not only does it have a neat story and character development, the combat is spot on too. Sad this was never released on Virtual Console, but thankful I still have a working SNES.

Genesis/Mega Drive: Phantasy Star IV
Not quite my favorite RPG, but damn close. Comic book styled cutscenes and great music made this one really stand out to me, as well as being a damn fine RPG on the system. What also stood out to me was the $99 price tag, which is why I rented it a lot until I could get it some other way. When I finally beat it after many years, I was honestly rather sad the journey was over.

Sega 32X: Virtua Fighter
Yes, I had one of these. Yes I bought it new. No I don't regret it. I had Virtua Fighter on this bad boy. And while it had other neat games like Knuckles Chaotix and Doom (just play it on PC), Virtua Fighter stood out as the best to me. It's also the only game I own for it.

Sega Saturn: Dark Savior
Isometric platforming with an RPG underneath! Most people hate isometric platformers, but this one was a pretty damn good one, and had a neat story to go with it. Or should I say, neat stories. Not only did it have a base story, but depending on how fast you cleared the intro the story would branch into what-if scenarios, with there being five in total. Thanks to stupid Saturn memory shenanigans I could never beat all five parallels, but I will someday.

Playstation: Suikoden
I picked this up at a Toys R Us on a whim and boy am I glad I did. Same story of "Empire is corrupt, rebel and destroy it", but it tells the story really well, and while it may have more characters than you can remember, the game will make you interested in them. Even the mute protagonist has a lot of personality. I don't even know how that can happen.

Nintendo 64: Blast Corps
Destroy everything to ensure a nuclear bomb on a trailer doesn't destroy everything first. Great fun.

GameCube: Lost Kingdoms
FromSoftware made this. I didn't know until way later, but yeah. It's basically a dark Card Captor Sakura in that you build a deck of creature cards, then summon them to defeat other creatures and possibly obtain them as a card to use later. Had a Parasite Eve kind of battle system, which was pretty great. Definitely a hidden gem. Had a sequel too, but I never had the chance to try it.

Gameboy Advance: Tactics Ogre Knight of Lodis
The Emblem system is broken to all hell and the music is mundane compared to the other games in the series, but this is one hell of a fun game to play. Limited on classes from its Super Nintendo counterpart, it's still a competent addition. The hero can be so OP though. I remember one battle was hilarious to me. The win condition was to defeat the enemy leader. I positioned my troops, ended my turn, then watched TV as the enemy turn happened. I heard one death cry, thought, "Ha, someone died," then kept watching TV. Well nothing happened for a while, so I checked. The enemy leader had approached my leader, hit him, got counter-attacked, and the counter-attack was so strong it killed him. Love this game.

Playstation 2: Shadow Hearts
That Judgment Ring system man. More RPGs need stuff like that. The story was absolutely amazing too, and had a constant feeling of dread as you went on. It was honestly one of the best horror experiences I've had. The sequels are great too, but this one really stood out to me.

Dreamcast: Grandia II
I could not get enough of this game. I still cannot get enough of this game. Great story, great battle system, amazing soundtrack, wonderful characters, this is one JRPG to definitely check into, especially now that it's on Steam. Avoid the PS2 version like the plague though. So bad...

Playstation Portable: Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
I missed this game on the Playstation because it came out in an era of RPG oversaturation. I saw the box art and thought it was just another RPG. I was wrong. While obtuse at first, the game pans out very nicely, offering quite a bit of freedom and leniency, and once the system is understood, even hard mode can easily be cleared. A great game I recommend seeking out. Also has some of the voice actors from the Pokemon cartoon and Slayers.

Wii: Klonoa
Yeah, this is a remake of the Playstation game, but it's great on the Wii (as long as you change the language to Phantomile). You can even unlock other costumes for Klonoa which are super cute. Plays just as great as the Playstation one as well, even if it lacks some of the old charm of Klonoa being more of a kitten.

Nintendo DS: Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Awesome platforming? Check. Cool protagonist? Check. Awesome music? Check. Insane bosses? Check. This is probably my go to DS game. I could play it over and over, and usually do!

XBox 360: NieR
Weiss, you dumbass! Start making sense you rotten book or you'll be sorry! This game just oozes charm, even if it is depressing as heck. Four endings, and the fourth ending does something that had people talking, but it also fits in really well contextually.

Nintendo 3DS: Etrian Odyssey 4
I love me some first person dungeon crawlers, and this one is definitely one of my faves. While moving away from the one giant dungeon with many floors, it had several, smaller dungeons that each served a purpose. I honestly preferred that to the others.

Playstation Vita: Demon Gaze
Oh hey speaking of first person dungeon crawlers here's another one, one with some very cool dungeon ideas and neat bosses. The story is a little weird, and the characters a bit eccentric, but the core gameplay is top notch. This has been on my Vita's memory card since I bought the game, and it won't be leaving anytime soon.

Playstation 3: Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
I love me some fighters I do. I haven't had my PS3 long, but this one by far stands out to me. Having played the previous games, and even Overture on 360, I'm well attached to the series and characters. Now the voice acting is in English, so I can understand the snark the characters are dishing out to one another. Seriously, do yourself a favor and find that video of Sol Badguy's system voice.

Android: Dragon Quest V
While I did have this on DS I sold it like a stooge. Thankfully it's on Android and plays just as well. Old fashioned Dragon Quest fun with a neat story going from childhood to adulthood, and I want to say was the first Dragon Quest that would let you recruit monsters, leading into Dragon Quest Monsters. I can always get behind that.

PC: Ys The Oath in Felghana
It's an old one yes, which originally ran at 800x600 resolution, but it is still one of my favorite games ever, and I'm glad it found its way to the west officially. I could ramble about this game and the entire Ys series all day.

Watara Supervision: Magincross
Don't know what this is? Don't be surprised. It was a cheap knock off Gameboy released in a few stores around here, and I picked one up. The game itself is a bad ripoff of Macross and Mazinger. Still, I had a lot of fun with it when I was, like, 8.

Oh damn this turned out long. Sorry about that ^w^;