Weasyl
    Pignog

Pignog's Posting Palace

Hello everyone. I mostly draw traditional stuff and don't own a scanner atm, so for now I'll just put up digital stuff from my tablet. Instead of posting my old stuff you can find it here. There's also my on-going webcomic Cats of August.

Anyway, I guess I'll put up in-progress stuff. Feel free to criticize, praise, or troll the hell outta me.

For starters, here's a rough storyboard for a quick 3pg comic I'm doing atm. I'll post progress as it happens tonight!

http://imgur.com/KmIs6uk
    Last edited by Pignog; 09-16-2015 at 05:39 PM. Reason: can't get image to display, link for now

Weasyl
    Pignog
    Last edited by Pignog; 09-16-2015 at 10:19 PM. Reason: raccoons theme

Weasyl
    Hewge
    There's the raccoons! So nice work, my mango ! !

Also - dang. That's one good ending song for such a goofy cartoon :v

Weasyl
    Pignog
    Thanks for the support, Hewge! More on the way. And fun fact: In the 1980s some parents in a Canadian city didn't like the Raccoons too much. Why? Because the main villain in the show was a greedy lumber baron trying to cut down the evergreen forest, and parents were worried it was brainwashing kids from pursuing careers in the lumber industry the city depended on.

Weasyl
    Pignog
    Last edited by Pignog; 09-17-2015 at 09:40 PM.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    RACOONS!! I'm loving your sketches!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Yesssss, racoons! Glad to see some of your real life studies, they're always so neat to see. I'm not sure if you've tried out Krita yet, but is the pressure not fully working or do you prefer to draw without it?

Also your note on the linked pic, I never noticed but they actually do look like mini bears! xD

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I see the bear resemblance now... Raccoons just got even cooler :O

Keep drawing such wonderful 'coons, man

Weasyl
    Pignog
    The German word for raccoon translates to something like "washing bear" because of the way they rinse their food in water.

These were all done in MyPaint, just because I wanted to draw and throw something up that night instead of messing around with tutorials. I have Krita installed but haven't tried it. I prefer to use pressure sensitivity, but maybe the pens/strokes I've used don't really bring that out?

I've been inking a Raccoon on bristol between shifts at work, just to try out my new nibs and some different techniques. It definitely takes some getting used to, but I can see the advantages over using the Microns all the time, and it FEELS a lot better using nibs. I've also tried watering down some india ink and brushing it on (like watercolour). It's warped the bristol (whoops) but I like the effect and think I'll start using it in the comic.

Oh and Moogle, move to Toronto.
    Last edited by Pignog; 09-20-2015 at 04:39 PM.