Weasyl
    Ghouls

How do I say this in a nice way?

So basically I commissioned someone to draw my fursona with someone else's fursona, kinda like a gift. The clothes aren't that accurate but I don't mind, I'm not picky with that stuff. The body types also aren't accurate, but I told them that if they can't do overweight bodies that's totally fine. They missed some markings that were really obvious on the refs though and I'm actually picky with those. How do I ask them if they can fix/add them in a nice way? I always feel awful when I ask something like this, even though I'm paying.
    Avatar art by hatak-e.deviantart.com

Treat like any other business transaction. Be honest and to the point. Clothing not right? Inaccurate body types and missed markings? Sounds like an over all bad piece of work. Are you paying for this? You should expect to get what you want. Don't feel bad for asking for corrections. Better that paying for something that you'll only have to get redone by someone else to be right.

There are three truths to every man. How he see's himself. How other's see him. And how he really is. Why listen to what other's think of you? Their not even half right.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Something like, "Hey, I like how it has turned out so far but the markings are not correct. They are important to me so can you please adjust the drawing for me?"

If it is digital artwork then be sure to ask for adjustments to the clothes and body types too. It's so much easier to adjust digital drawings and they could easily select areas and expand the bodies. Layer over the original selection and put in new lines as needed then merge. Being a client you should ask for what you want. Don't be too timid about it. As long as you are not literally demanding things and being rude then the artist should not consider you a bother. If they do somehow react badly then make note of it, let them know they didn't handle the commission right, and just don't bother commissioning them again.

Weasyl
    oly
    Second both of them. No point in just being unhappy without trying to rectify it.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    "You made mistakes. Fix them or get me your manager."

Don't forget to attach a picture of you holding a starbuck coffee cup.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    "You made mistakes. Fix them or get me your manager."

Don't forget to attach a picture of you holding a starbuck coffee cup.
    ^ don't forget to add a "yeahhhhhhh..... did you get those TPS reports i sent you? Im also going to have to ask you to come in Saturday... sunday too. Those are full days, not half. That would be greeeat."

But srsly now... they should have no problem fxing it if they are getting paid, just be polite and dont be like "ohmagawd you SCREWD IT UP!!"

The artist shouldn't really complain unless you started asking for fix after fix after fix because you overlooked something.
    The sooner you point out all the problems the better.

Weasyl
    Ghouls
    It was all fixed and settled, thanks!
    Avatar art by hatak-e.deviantart.com