Thread: Hello there!

Hello there!

Pleased to meet you all, I'm Norr! I'm 29 years old and I've been making art all my life ^^ Been on Weasyl for a few months now, decided to see what's going on at the forums

Fun facts:
    - I have a Serious Masters Degree degree in comics. because comics <3
    - I started making props and costume things a few months back. it's fun to learn and do more 3 dimensional work!
    - I play the violin badly. I'm happy that way.

Feel free to say hi or ask questions!!!

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    WELCOME! and you play the violin? cool. but yeah welcome to the forums and i hope ya have fun here, if ya ever wanna talk just PM me
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    maugryph
    Welcome to Weasyl. Do you make props for theater, film, plays?

Thanks for the welcomes!!

Honestly, when it comes to props, I'd love to end up making things for museums!
    One day I'll be building dinosaurs and it'll be a good day ^^

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Hello and welcome, Norr! I'd like to get into prop and costume making myself. I think it would be cool to make stuff for movies and/or TV one day. Unfortunately I haven't had much practice due to a lack of money for materials. >>;

What sorts of props have you made so far?

whoops, forgot I had a thread here, hello Umbra! I made a bunch of headpieces, mostly for friends, either for their party needs, or because, well, one my favorite things made ever was a pigeon feather headdress for a friend who loves pigeons. most of the other things are fake animals/animal parts. also sometimes: tiny sets for tiny stop motion films. I'm currently restoring a giant paper eagle, it's teaching me a lot about how to make wings out of paper or other two-dimensional materials.

Don't let a lack of money deter you I make most of my stuff out of papier mache and other cheap materials. The kind that is wallpaper paste + newspaper strips makes for some rather indestructible stuff