Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Mammals...

Sev understood how mammals worked... that one defining characteristic. But still, yes, as Mei had remembered, he wasn't... well, he wasn't a mammal. Warm-blooded, indeed. Born, not hatched. Missing just that one defining characteristic. Perhaps several more, given he wasn't "from around here". Yet...

... "Given you've just examined me in detail, I return the same question. The same offer."

Sev, while he spoke, gave Mei just as thorough a look as she had him...

... "I can ask about siblings, about parents and other family... about what you hope, dream, believe. I could also ask you what it feels like to have fur all over your body. I could also ask you to remove your clothing, so that we may be on... equal visual footing. No fair being covered, when I'm not."

He gave Mei his biggest, most cheeky grin, broken when he just couldn't avoid a huge, toothy yawn.......

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei couldnt help but laugh at the grin that broke across Sevs face. "Haha.. fair enough!" She smiled, slipping off her wrinkled skirt and throwing it into the corner. Her intimates had already managed to find their way into the same corner, given their previous activities. She pulled her top off over her head and shook her head to fix her hair , which had fallen over her face and shoulders. "There! Problem solved!" She grinned, paws on her hips.

"So..." she began, settling back into her lying position. "Tell me about where you are from.. do you have any family?"

Weasyl
    N/A
    Family Issues...

Another thing about Kah'Saun... they really did feel more comfortable when on "equal" ground. In this case, naked to naked. Especially when it involved family. Or, in this case, a lover. Odd enough that he'd made love to Mei while she was clothed. And now, while talking about family. While getting to know each other in a non-intimate fashion. Both, equal, one to the other, exposed in body while being exposed in...

... Sev rolled as much over onto his back as he could manage, all three eyes looking through the tent ceiling, as if looking up at the stars... the star he came from. He sighed, made a faint grrrlll sound in his throat...

... "Yes... father, mother, elder sister. Only now do I see... understand certain things my father Evry tried to teach me." Grin... "I listened to my mother Kassa more often. Father and I just couldn't agree. As Seer of Rapse'tet, he wanted me to follow Seer teachings. I didn't... Too wild! he would say, when I came home naked, muddy, covered in bits of riverside, hauling a dozen fish in for supper. Hrrr!... wasn't the worst mess I ever came home with. Just loved being out in the wild way too much. Mother... when I came in bruised and scraped... she'd lick my wounds, rub the aches away, and smooth down my quills."

Sev turned his eyes and attentions back on Mei, ears a-twitch...

... "My elder sister Tepi followed in our mother's footsteps... I was the rebel child." Sev's tail, already curled between his legs with not far to go... yes, his tail curled up to fall gentle on Mei's shoulder, just waiting to be touched, it seemed... "I think it is now your turn to talk of sisters, brothers, mothers and fathers."

On his last word, "fathers", without apparent thought, Sev reached down and touched the area just above his.......

....... scratch scratch.......
    Last edited by Roose Hurro; 12-04-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfNightV4X1 View Post
    Wane flicked his ears, how odd. The eye of the satyr was locked on his, and it was now much different. It was a strange feeling, as if it was compelling him for something. Indeed, he consciously noticed a second later his arm was already poised in the direction of the gaping satyr maw. "Uhhhh..." Wane garbled dumbfoundedly, he stared at the arm but didn't feel any strong compulsion to break from the trance. Curious, he let himself do what was about to happen, wondering what could possibly come from the satyr's hunger.

Once again, his right arm began to form the glowing purple light, which gradually formed into a small humming ball of energy, should he pull away? Wouldn't the satyr be harmed? He felt no compulsion to pull away as the pulsing orb flung from his palm onto the waiting jaws of the satyr.
    The sphere of magical energy hurtling toward the saytr seemed as if it would strike the beast and blast its head from its shoulders. Instead, as the energy neared its muzzle the magic fluctuated, dimmed for a split second before becoming brighter, and then lysed (burst). The scattered spell siphoned into Viceroy's eager mouth as the satyr sucked in.

The changes in Viceroy were rapid at absorbing a direct blast. His body enlarged, strengthened overall. The wounds on his arms healed with no scarring. He stood more erect, standing at his full height of 6' 5". His pupil dilated before suddenly constricting, giving him an unusual look of clarity. Most notably, his horns strained as more grew from his head, curving backwards and making him look more majestic. His ears straightened and his muzzle shaped to a distinctive mouth and nose to where there was no hint of deformity.

He shuddered: his ears wagged and tail flicked. Blinked a few times; his mind suddenly much more clear. Sweat stood out on his skin from the rapid changes. He also seemed a bit out of breath, but he smiled broadly up at Wane.
    "Thank you, friend." He said in a steady voice with no lisp.
    He took a deep, elated breath and leaned his head forward, moving it back and forth to look Wane over, gauging the feline.
    "Viceroy, at your service." He introduced, but did not hold out a hand or seem particularly inviting. Just watching. His toothy grin seemed friendly with a hint of mischief.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei listened intently to Sev as he spoke, closing her eyes to try to imagine a better picture of his family... the differences between other Kah'Saun. She felt a pressure on her shoulder and opened her eyes to find his tail. She smiled gently and grasped it with both paws, stroking it with her left as he finished speaking.

"I think it is now your turn to talk of sisters, brothers, mothers and fathers."
    Mei's smile faded into sorrow. "If I must. I knew the question was coming, I was just hoping it might not..." She cast her gaze downward and pushed her cheek against the tail resting on her shoulder. "I was the runt of a litter of five; I had three brothers and one sister. My mother had to raise us herself... she had told us that our father died before we were born... car crash is what she said." She shifted slightly. "My brothers always picked on me when we were growing up. They would call me names and push me. My mother always reprimanded them, but she was usually too tired to do much. My sister would try to help me, but it was two against three, and I was much smaller than them."

She took a deep, unsteady breath. "Thats when I started leaving our home to be by myself in the woods. It was always so peaceful, nobody to make fun of me. At first I would only go a mile or so, but I started venturing further. Nobody noticed I was gone... at least they didn't seem to. The woods and wilderness were my safe haven where I could relax and just enjoy life." She began stroking Sev's tail again, still pressing her cheek into it.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Good Listener...

Sev was a good listener. Helped having such large, sensitive ears, he could hear an ant fart... should a farting ant get into the tent with him and Mei. He listened, casually scratched with the edge of his claws...

... relaxed by Mei's attentions to his tail. By the time she'd reached the end of her words, cheek to his tail, Sev had started to purr, a soft yet metallic sound deep in his chest and throat. Not quite cat, not quite... well, not many creatures purr. And cats purr when they experience strong emotions. Sev felt more pain, heard more pain in Mei's voice. Runt. Not her fault she'd been born small. All her brother's faults, for not helping their sibling. Not cherishing.......

....... their loss.

"Hmmmmrrr... we have much in common, then. You, driven out by your brothers, me, driven out by my father." Sev stopped his scratch/touch, kissed Mei on her forehead, then started to groom her...

... "Many times, my mother would not only smooth down my quills. Father would have mother smooth his quills... keep him and me at peace. I always loved her for that... still love her for that."

Yaaaawn!

... "If I fall asleep soon, I apologize." Yawwwn... "Tell me what made you most happy in the woods......."

Yes, Sev changed the subject. For Mei's sake.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Sev's scratchkiss gave Mei a 'good chill' from her skull to her tailbone. She shivered with delight, immediately cheered up. "Nobody has ever done this for me before... its... amazing..." she said softly, leaning into the grooming. "Your mother sounds very kind and loving." She yawned deeply, following Sev's . "Dont worry... this feels so good i may fall asleep myself..."

"The woods... the chill of the crisp morning air, the smell of the damp grass and leaves, the shafts of sunlight coming down in patches through the tree canopies... it is so peaceful." She closed her eyes again, listening to the sound of Sev grooming her fur. "My favorite spot was a lazy bend in the river below a small waterfall. The trees provided shade over the pool of gentle water it created. I used to sit and watch the birds hop between branches, watch the fish dart beneath the mirror surface of the water. I spent hours there..."

She opened her eyes again and looked at Sev. "What is your homeworld like? Do you have birds there?"

Weasyl
    N/A
    Common Bond...

As Mei responded, Sev found himself living her description of what the woods meant to her. Seeing, hearing, scenting, touching, tasting... feeling Mei's happiness. Yes, his mother was kind and loving. He'd had no fur to groom, being male, but she'd cared for him. Cared for what he loved doing... wanted to do. Encouraged him, despite his father, to pursue what made him happy. From there, he'd also learned to make others happy... especially his lovers. Others he cared for, yes. So he continued to groom Mei while she spoke and he relived the memories with her. Their common bond, it seemed. So much in common.

Then her two questions.

Sev's quills shuffled, ears back in thought. Tail's tip, twitching in Mei's grasp. Toothy grin across his tired face...

... "Yes, birds... but we're better known for our marsupial bats. Tend to cause trouble during harvest, nest in the barns and pester the livestock. They're good in stew, though... very tasty. Just don't forget to remove the musk glands." Yaaawn. "Hmmmrrr... it's like... Rapse'tet lies near a great river, fed by the eastern mountains. No lack of water for our seed crops or livestock... it's where I learned to swim and body-fish. Trees along the river grow wide... moss hangs everywhere in the damp. Not only mud... bugs up your nostrils, if you weren't careful." Sev briefly 'retrieved' his hands to cover the end of his snout, mock [i]Aaack! Sneeze![/] between his fingers... "Funny, but in my own woods, I'd dig up all these shiny stones... bring some home to my mother. She'd keep them by the fireplace. Said she liked the way they looked in firelight."

Sev licked his hands and went back to grooming Mei...

... "You had your river, I had mine. You had birds, I had bats. We both had fish. Both spent hours enjoying our special woods and wildlife. Our sunshine and... shade." Yaaaawn! Sev's subarms... his Spirit arms... touched Mei on her belly...

... "Could you do me a favor?" Not a far reach, given the space. Given part of the reason things were so tight was, well, other things occupied the tent. His limited supplies. Knowing where everything was, Sev had no trouble retrieving the bottle of hide oil... "Before we both pass out from exhaustion, could you rub some of this on my belly? I'll groom your tail, if I'm still awake... in the morning, if I'm not. Promise."

Grin.......

Yes, there'd been a good reason he'd been, heh... scratching himself, not long ago.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei visibly twitched at the mention of bats. She unconsciously made a bleh face, accompanied by the sound. When she realized what she did, she cupped her paws over her mouth, embarrassed. Offending anyone was the last thing on her list, she just hated bats. She recovered, however, when Sev spoke about the river and mountains and laughed about the bugs. "That sounds absolutely amazing... the river, the trees, the mountain... I can practically smell the moss!" She shivered in delight at the thought, then her muscles melted at the resumed grooming.

She yawned slightly. "What a coincidence!" She said with a tired smile. "I guess our worlds aren't that dissimilar after all." Her belly warmed at Sev's touch, causing further relaxation to seep into her tired body.

"Could you do me a favor?"
    "Of course... what is it?" She replied quietly. The sleepiness was beginning to take hold.

"Before we both pass out from exhaustion, could you rub some of this on my belly? I'll groom your tail, if I'm still awake... in the morning, if I'm not. Promise."
    A smile spread across her lips. "Ok, but only because you promised!" She winked. She took the strange oil and uncapped it, pouring a small amount onto the mentioned area. It was very fragrant... a good fragrant, not a bad.. She repositioned herself to get a better angle in the small space. Her tail wrapped around her side and settled on top of Sev's thigh as she sat next to him. She set one paw on his shoulder and began to smooth the oil over his hide with the other. She slowly rubbed it in, feeling every smooth and rough spot along the way. She paused and rubbed her pads together. They felt soft.. even the rough spots that she could never get to soften. She loved her body, and cared for it, but due to her constant climbing of rocks, archery, and overall activeness, her pads had begun to toughen.

Her eyes widened at the potency. "This stuff is amazing!! Is this from your home??" She began rubbing again, making sure to use both paws this time.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    Wane faltered, caught off guard by not only what happened to his magic but the sudden change in the satyr's demeanor. He hopped down from the tree to a lower branch, crouching to look at Viceroy from eye distance (seeing as he'd be looking up from ground level).
    "I'm not sure what happened here" he scratched his head in puzzlement

"friend?...hmmm...well I like that you're at my service, Viceroy"
    The feline gleamed, his eyes bright and flicking his tail
    "That means you gotta do what I say if you want more of my magic, you hear me?" he purred.
    'odd indeed' he thought, the big dumb creature transformed right in front of his eyes into something brighter and more intelligent, perhaps he could use this new ally, preferably as the leader.

"Alright well..." He yawned, stretching his arms "You disturbed my nap, it's quite late you know, I'm going to catch some rest, see you in the light of the morning, Vice" with a wayward flick of his tail he waved the creature off

"Oh, do me a favor and don't tell the others what happened, whatever just happened. Will you?", were his parting words as he clambered up the tree again at a proper height above the Satyr, gauging his response, although ready to left to his own devices until sunrise, wondering if he'd run into the others in another day.
    Last edited by WolfNightV4X1; 12-09-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    Howl 'Havoc' and let slip the wolves of war