Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A

Rock, Paper, Scissors...

Off Road...

Remote indeed fit his present location. Yes, a road passed through, close enough camp could be made within a mile of it. Off road. But not too far off. Which made said location not as private as he'd wished... who? Oh, yes, a young male Kah'Saun named Sev Ornil! Out wandering after these pretty stones he'd heard about. Eager to rockhound something for his "hoard"... most young dragonoids, males especially, like to find "sparklies" for the ladies. What? Thought "dragons" hoarded just to hoard? Posh...!

Ahem...

From early this morning till near sunset, Sev had remained on the road, his skimmer's tires kicking up dust and debris on lonely highways and rough backroads. No... no flying on this trip. He needed to see landmarks from land, in order to find where he wished to go. In order to follow the directions he'd been given. At least the weather was clear, sunny, not too hot during the day. But his time in the saddle made his tail ache. His clothes were dusty, his hide itched, and...

... well, at least the person who'd given him those directions had been right about the distance, about the time it would take to reach the spot. Yes, very pastoral, much like his favorite mountain country at home. Remote, but not in the middle of barren desert. Trees. Grassy meadows. A nice river passing through. Perfect place to camp, snuggled up almost at the roots of a small mountain, just one in a chain. Yes, a neat and tidy river valley with a "special place" filled with sparklies... mainly geodes said to have tumbled down the mountains many, many years ago.

So, here at last, Sev heaved a sigh... winced, as he parked, secured, then peeled what passed for his butt from the saddle. Hrrrrggghhh! Unpleasant, but not life-threatening. A shake to loosen his clothes. Then all the effort to unload his gear, tired as he felt. Hungry as he felt. Thirsty. Sun touching horizon now. Ahhh...yes. No more work till.......

... Sev made a minor production when it came to stripping off his clothing. Bracers last to put on, but first to take off. Followed by belt and attendent gear. Pants. Shirt. Armored underwear. Yes, Sev Ornil made a point of wearing armored underwear. His hide, tough, but not... well, he had his scars.

*Ahhhhhhhhh.......!*

Felt so good to stretch by the cool riverside, get the kinks out of tail... out of every muscle, though the knife wound's scar still ached when he moved just so. But he'd survived that near death, so the discomfort felt more like a welcome, a "lucky" rabbit's foot he could rub in times like this.

Hnnnnnnnn…….

Water felt so gooooood! Mane-quills raised, sub-arms folded to chest… all three eyes closed, Sev quickly dunked himself fully under the water’s current-rush. Came up with eyes still closed as he drank deeply…….*

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei broke the surface of the water and took a deep gasp of air. She had been swimming in the river for the past hour, investigating all of the nooks and crannies of the river bottom for anything shiny and interesting. A pile of oddly-shaped nondescript rocks sat about 30 yards from her on the shoreline underneath a low-hanging tree. Her clothes were folded neatly next to them, bra and panties on top. A small green pack and an archery bow completed her collection in the shade.

Such a beautiful day!! She thought to herself, paddling towards the shore with one arm, an assortment of small pebbles in her other paw. She reached the shore and stood up. Her wet fur clung to her lithe, curvy frame and glistened in the sunlight. She clutched her prize in her paw and shook her entire body, shedding as much water as possible. Time to see if I've found anything fun... She walked over to her rock pile, set the pebbles down next to it, crouched down and started sorting through the various shapes, sizes and colors.

Once finished sorting the stones to no avail, she stood up and stretched her entire body. She moved to a grassy patch in the sunlght next to the river and stretched out onto the ground. Without a soul to be seen for many miles, she wasn't afraid to sun-dry herself in the open. She stared at the deep blue sky, humming her favorite song to herself, and slowly drifted into a light sleep.

A deep rumbling and sound of tires on gravel awoke her with a start. Her hair stood on end and a shiver went down her spine. Crap!! I thought i had this place to myself!! She bolted to the river and dove in, searching frantically for a hiding spot. In her confusion, she forgot she was completely dry by now and could have just gotten dressed. She hid behind a fallen log just as a Dragonoid creature drove up. Nnngh I hope he's not in a bad mood! She winced at the thought of having to fight such an opponent.

She watched as he peeled off his clothing, and then his... underwear? Is that what that was? Mei looked confused for a moment then blushed deeply as the dragonoid dropped them to the ground. He dunked himself into the river and surfaced. Right then, she thought he looked in her direction. Before she could stop herself, she let out a yelp. Dread filled her entire body and her stomach flipped itself upside down. Oh no what did I just do!? What have I gotten myself into!? Thats what you get for spacing out and falling asleep, dummy!! She clutched to the log, hoping the naked dragonoid didn't hear her cry.
    Last edited by Mei; 09-14-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Unknown to the dragon and wolf, they were being watched. The silent onlooker had been watching the wolf for a long time before the dragon showed up. It basked in the sunlight that reached it through the tall grass it was laying in. Sweat would bead up and trail down its back but it didn't seem to mind the heat.

Of course, a lot of time had passed and now the sun was setting. It did not bother to sleep though as the wolf was. It just laid where it was and watched her sleep. It finally stirred to blink its giant, singular eye slowly and twitch its crumpled ears when it heard the motorcycle. It craned its fuzzy neck with interest when the dragon drove up on his two wheeled contraption and the wolf awoke from her slumber to run and dive back into the river.

It licked at its muzzle as it breathed in and out. When finished its tongue still hung out of its mouth and it wiped away a bit of drool with its forearm. It then poked its face further through the grass to angle its neck enough to have view of the bathing dragon and the area where it had seen the wolf go.

It only observed and made no move to interfere.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-15-2015 at 05:02 AM. Reason: fixed some areas that were too vague

Weasyl
    N/A
    Cry For Yelp...

This naked dragon had very good ears. So yes, he heard her yelp. But no, just like her, he hadn't expected anyone else to be in this location, this far from civilization. And Third Eye or no, he had to see a living person with all three eyes before he could "see" their Spiritual Aura. The dead? Well... they tended to just "be there" in the part of his brain responsible for spiritual perceptions. No need or even way to see them with his two "normal" eyes. But that's neither here nor there.......

Sev almost winced at the yelp, it was so unexpected. So... female. Yes, he'd learned over time in his travels how to tell the difference in different species. His almost wince tweaked into a slight smile. Though in his thoughts, not only now but lately, he'd felt other urges. A bit of homesickness. Found his attentions to females bringing memories of... females he'd known from Rapse'tet... those he'd grown up with. Potential... mates. Offspring. Actual fatherhood. He wasn't getting any younger! That hormonal drive pushing him out into the universe seemed now willing and able to drive him home, to the droven of his birth. His time to sow "wild oats" starting to lose its excitement.

Still... that cry for yelp. Heh.......*

Despite the tumble of his thoughts, Sev still liked to play. Still enjoyed... well, better to leave those images unwritten. Sev also had good eyes... very good eyes. With her yelp as guide, he did indeed spot her. Kept drinking for a moment more, then dunked back under the water. And took off swimming, his own lithe, slender frame sliding easily through water's current, propelled by a powerful tail. Otter in dragon form. He even managed to scare a fish on his way to investigate, chased and caught it... yes, hungry, and in need of some fresh meat to augment tonight's meal. Just a moment for that, then back on course towards the log half out in the calmer water near shore...

... where he emerged in a rush, plucked the fish from his mouth, glanced at this wolven female with a very good "raised eyebrow" expression, then leaned against the log, ears up and quills raised as he dripped...

... "Oh. Hello... I don't believe we've met."

With the wiggling fish clutched in both primehands, all he could do was offer her a subhand in greeting...

... as for the "other" who watched, Sev remained blissfully unaware of its gaze.
    Last edited by Roose Hurro; 09-16-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typo

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei felt a sense of dread sweep over her as the stranger dove underwater once again. Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap!! She let go of the log she was using and quickly covered her breasts with one arm and her nether-region with her other paw.

The stranger surfaced right in front of her a moment later clutching a fish. She froze, mouth slghtly agape and her green eyes wide. "I don't believe we have met.." he greeted her. "Umm, uh. Hi?" Mei managed to stutter, feeling very awkward, barely able to keep her eyes off of the naked being in front of her. She snapped out of her stupor and smiled nervously, blushing as she did. She folded her ears back and looked down at the water on her right side, trying to find anything to take her mind off of the current situation and ease her anxiety.
    Last edited by Mei; 09-16-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    There was a grunting noise as the humanoid beast needed to move at this point to see the both of them. They most likely would not hear the grunt, but it was not all that silent as it crawled hand and knees in their direction from the bank. Its body was pushing down more of the grass and worse its heavy tail was trailing behind it brushing through the growth. How it had ever been so quiet before when watching Mei was anyone's guess.

It eventually found a good spot to see them from. A bit of its fuzzy face and large eye might be visible if they notice, look its way, and scan to spot it. But it will still be hard to make out.
    Its huge tail flopped around before curling up and thumping into its back. It gave a big, huffing sigh as it laid its head in its arms and continued to view the scene unfolding before it. Its eye seemed to wander more this time, as if it were having trouble keeping focus. It might be sleepy or woozy from not eating.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Look Here, Look There...

Ahhhh...!

Sev found himself liking this female for her shyness. She didn't take his offered hand, so he simply polished his claws against his chest and folded both subarms out of the way. Tried to smile without showing teeth. Noted where her eyes looked, then where they turned when she... blushed? Yes, fur or no fur, she was blushing! Even though his own nether regions were still below water... though just barely. So cute, the way her ears went back.......

....... but Sev knew quite well not to rush things, not to push. Let things happen naturally. Let her dictate where things went. If things went anywhere. However, being such a "gentleman', he couldn't fail to offer...

... "May I... buy you dinner?" He looked from her to fish, then back towards her, his dark orange eyes bright and full. His pose shifting, muscle sliding under pale golden hide. A bit more of his "assets" showing as he rose briefly on toes... important in the moment to not lose footing. A slip and splash would not impress her, and having just offered her some of his fish, it wouldn't do to lose that, either.

Aaand...

... well, she hadn't given her name, so...

... "I'm Sev Ornil, son of Evry and Kassa, brother to Tepi, born and raised in Rapse'tet droven. I'm also a bit chilled... I have towels, if you want to get dry quick."

As for the grunting and crawling and other noise, no, Sev presently had other things on his mind, so even his sensitive ears didn't pick up anything important above the sound of moving water, breeze-rustled leaves and...

... her.

Weasyl
    N/A
    "May I... buy you dinner?" The stranger had offered. Mei looked briefly at the fish in his hands, then her eyes were drawn back to him. He was so muscular and fit. Her eyes drifted downwards as his *ahem* began to show. Her jaw went slack and her cheeks began to burn. She couldn't take her eyes off of him.

"I'm Sev Ornil, son of Evry and Kassa, brother to Tepi, born and raised in Rapse'tet droven. I'm also a bit chilled... I have towels, if you want to get dry quick." He said since she was too stunned to say anything. She snapped out of it. "Oh, I'm sorry!" She said, startled. In one motion she moved her tail to cover her own private area and lifted her hand and waved shyly, ears still folded. "I'm Mei, I was just out here looking for something interesting in the river. I'm on a week-long wilderness trip and this felt like a good spot to relax." She put her hand back down and squeezed her tail around her upper thighs. "Umm... a towel would be nice, thank you." Her eyes moved back to the fish and her stomach growled with hunger. "I wouldn't mind a fish, if that's ok... I haven't eaten much today. I've been relaxing near this river for hours."

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    It listened and tilted its head. There were strange inflections in their voices but it did not know why. Despite not knowing it gave a throaty chuckle at the scene before it. The light was fading and it was getting a bit colder, but again the creature did not seem to mind. It finally noticed the gleam of the fish in Sev's hand and smacked its lips hungrily. When was the last time it ate?

The creature shimmied on the grass closer to the water's edge. It was still mostly hidden by the grass except for it's bulbous eye and now it's straight and rounded horns were jutting out. It wanted fish or any kind of food. It dipped its hand in the water and spread its fingers around. Of course any fish around just swam away. It grumbled and hung its ears down defeatedly. As it looked up it got distracted watching the dragon and the wolf again. Its stomach gurgled angrily but it went ignored.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Sundown, Headsup...

Yes, the sun had continued going down, the warmth and light of day fading as it did so. And her... Mei... scent of wet fur in his nostrils... yes, she, again shy as she looked again. Took in his... took in Sev's indeed quite fit and healthy form. Took in his show of muscle and... heh... being dragonoid, he wasn't "built" like a mammal, everything tucked away inside, retracted and secured. Still, what with a shy, blushing female within touching distance, looking, perhaps he'd.......*

....... he really couldn't be blamed for that, could he?

Youth. Hormones. Cold water tempered by warm thoughts. Sev didn't care for cold all that much, preferred being warm. Liked the water, but preferred being dry most of the time. Also preferred being...

... "No need to feel sorry. Can I assume you've found something interesting in this river?" His fish had stopped wiggling, so he used one primehand to steady himself against the log before he leaned a bit forward, ears alert in her direction, smile on face, quills... erect. His own hide smelling of soft leather rather than wet fur. A bit of musk, perhaps, brought out by the cold and wet. And his…

”Yes, fish is very okay… and you’re welcome to what towels I have.” Sev inhaled deeply, flare of nostrils that caught… he looked briefly towards shore, towards… he wasn’t sure, but he had the distinct sensation, brought on by a shift in breeze and catch of scent… someone was watching. He tensed slightly, his protective instincts flared for a second or two before he relaxed. But remained alert. Then his own stomach growled…

”Well, seems we both have something in common other than our choice of camping spot.”

Sev chuckled. It came out a bit odd… a little metallic and rough, like he had a purr stuck in his throat. During this chuckle, not really thinking how it could be interpreted, he let his own eyes “look” over Mei, like she’d looked over him, though without her shyness. No words, just a satisfied sigh, an exhale of breath, chest rising and falling as he looked about, took in the setting sun…

… then headed for shore, head cast over shoulder to see if Mei followed.