Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Random Cloudflare errors

Random Cloudflare errors

Every so often I'll get a random error from Cloudflare. Usually it clears up pretty quickly but it's still annoying. I figure I'd post this so staff knows something's acting up and hopefully fixes it before it becomes a big issue.

Ray ID: 223575e919a1117d
    Your IP address: *snip*
    Error reference number: 504
    CloudFlare Location: Dallas

Weasyl
    N/A
    Not sure if I should start a new topic, but this also seems to be related so I'll just post here.

Another member is having a very similar problem and actually can't even access the forums (it's been a little more than a week now since it started for him) due to Cloudflare's error. However, his reference number is "522".

Just got another one:

Ray ID: 22448a32fdd703ee

Just got another one:
    Ray ID: 2289236ecc882641

Weasyl
    Swanda
    I've been getting a few of these, but tons of never ending loads, and site slowdowns at random times.

Ray ID: 22b1b25a4a2c168e
    Your IP address: -Nope-
    CloudFlare Location: Stockholm

This has been happening to me, too -- though honestly I hadn't been paying attention to what the error codes were since they only lasted a few seconds/it was usually fine after refreshing the page.

But now for the last half hour or so, I've been getting this on every Weasyl page (except the forum):

Bad gateway

The web server reported a bad gateway error.

Ray ID: 22dd17d0a98910db
    Your IP address: nope
    Error reference number: 502
    CloudFlare Location: Chicago

Another one:

Ray ID: 22f31c0ae1c3263b
    Error reference number: 524

Weasyl
    Swanda
    The web server reported a gateway time-out error.

Ray ID: 22f36802daa016ca
    Your IP address: -Nope-
    CloudFlare Location: Stockholm
    I've also gotten a few weird ones when going to the frontpage for the first time of the day.
    Like the entire front page will load just fine, but it'll still show the loading spinning wheel on the browser, and after a while send me to the timeout error.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    All,

Different 500 errors mean different things, but I've been doing some work to attack (in particular) the 504 errors, which are internal to our own servers.

Alas, I can't claim they're completely gone (the work to do that will take some more time), but I _do_ believe we've knocked down the number/hour by a significant amount by doing some systems performance work on our side.

Performance based errors are difficult beasts. I do hope, however, that you are seeing less of them now in general.

Best,

Skyler

Thank you! I'll continue posting them in this thread as I get them. Hopefully cross-referencing timestamps will help track down whatever causes these issues.