Thread: Hello Weasyl

Weasyl
    Pignog

Hello Weasyl

My name a Pignog... very nice I like.

My sister Moogle invited me to post on the forums, and I accepted and will make many cyber friends. Right now I'm working on a webcomic about four cat teens. They're German soldiers in August 1914 and are doing their best to transport a sausage wagon into Belgium at the outset of WWI. There's just one problem... they're all incompetent babies. Perhaps in time they will learn the value of friendship and conquer France???

Anyways I've finished about 15 pages and hope to have the first story (~35pgs) done around January/February. Right now I mainly work traditionally (pencils and india ink on bristol) but I plan on using my Wacom to work digitally in the near future. I just have to figure out Krita/GIMP/MyPaint/whatever will work on my garbage laptop running Ubuntu.

Nice to meet you all!

Weasyl
    N/A
    HECK YEAH YOU SIGNED UP!

Welcomeeeee finally!

Weasyl
    shiy0
    hellow there pignog and welcome to weasyl. ^^

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Brother of the mighty Moogle, you say?

Hellos! You have good choice in siblings :v

Weasyl
    maugryph
    Welcome to Weasyl Best of luck with your comic

Weasyl
    Sassafras
    Hello, welcome to Weasyl! I gotta say, that comic sounds interesting. It seems like WWI doesn't get used as a setting/time as often as WWII, which is a shame. Good luck with it.

Weasyl
    Pignog
    Thanks for the warm welcome all. And I agree WWI doesn't get used much, but we'll probably see more media between now and 2018 (100 year anniversaries for a lot of the events).

It's not a super serious comic but it does try to tell the story of "The Battle of the Frontiers" through a few eyes in the German Second Army as it wheels through Belgium and advances on Paris. There's no trench warfare at this point, just a lot of overconfidence on all sides followed by disaster after disaster. The story's mainly a comedy about some silly cats, with the occasional dramatic point. I'm trying to keep it mainly light-hearted, and I'll post more of it soon.