Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A

What Are We Doing Here?

Alrighty... decided to bite bullets and start something. Don't know where, what or who. But I do know how and why. How? Well, by gathering a small group. Why? So we can write and have fun with our characters. All "we" need to do is determine what characters, plop them where they'd most fit (or unfit), and whack them with a story till they all start saying: "Hey! Quit that! I'm perfectly able to run my own life, thank you very much!"

So, any takers? Yes, I know... we'll be discussing details here. All part of the fun, right?

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Sure. I'm in. Might as well use my cyclopian satyr. His name's Viceroy by the way. Only recently named him.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Im always interested ^^ i would just use my OC Mei.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Well, two "divers" so far! Viciviser, hope your character's lack of depth perception doesn't come back to haunt him. Mei, sounds fine to me. Whoever/whatever character you want to exercise. Hmmm... who/what to throw in on my part... well, last night I came up with the thought of playing a child found orphaned in "the woods". Said child to be cared for by the other player characters. Just a thought. I'm thinking more info on your characters might help me decide on a character from my roster. I have quite a few I haven't used in some time... Peet's been getting all the exercise, so far, since I restarted RPing. Any thoughts on setting? Though I've started this, I'm interested in any input on your parts, so we can put together something we can all enjoy. And right this moment, I'm a bit blank. Trying to get over a sinus infection/cold/flu/whatever-bug strains out the creative juices, sometimes. Heh. I do, however, like the idea of our characters meeting in an awkward fashion. Off and on I've had "visions" of doing an RP in which one of my characters gets caught bathing...

... kinda like this. Yeah, room for humor. *grins*

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Hurr... ah well... there's not much to give on Viceroy. I just came up with him randomly.

I can give some basic traits:
    • Quirky
    • Oddly-humored
    • Spacey
    • Randomly insightful
    • Has deep/dark moments
    • Like to collect things

He's skinny but surprisingly strong for his size. Doesn't feel pain easily and reacts to it slowly.
    He doesn't wear clothes unless forced to, but he's a satyr so his nethers are covered up by fur. Clothes are simply uncomfortable. He tends to stick his tongue out often. It might be that his mouth doesn't hold it comfortably due to his deformity.

He has pretty much no backstory right now since he's so new.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    Hurr... ah well... there's not much to give on Viceroy. I just came up with him randomly.

I can give some basic traits:
    • Quirky
    • Oddly-humored
    • Spacey
    • Randomly insightful
    • Has deep/dark moments
    • Like to collect things

He's skinny but surprisingly strong for his size. Doesn't feel pain easily and reacts to it slowly.
    He doesn't wear clothes unless forced to, but he's a satyr so his nethers are covered up by fur. Clothes are simply uncomfortable. He tends to stick his tongue out often. It might be that his mouth doesn't hold it comfortably due to his deformity.

He has pretty much no backstory right now since he's so new.
    Ahhh... fresh character. Still, you've provided enough on him to get an impression. And, heh, kinda sounds like my character Peet. And his father, Deen, as well. Not much for clothing. Though in Deen's case, his response to clothing is: "It would be like covering a Ferrari in burlap!" Peet just doesn't care for the whole "wedgie" issue... understandable, given tails preclude a butt-crack, meaning the "wedgie" has only one other place to go... so yes, very uncomfortable!

Weasyl
    N/A
    In my case i modeled Mei after myself and just change a few things depending on whatever scenario i play in.. pretty much no backstory set in stone. Ive only participated in one rp so far xP

Personality:

Spacey 90 percent of the time
    Loves to please others
    Cute
    Dorky
    Quick to anger
    Loves outdoors

She is fit but curvy, loves anything shiny and fuzzy things. Adores clothing. Always tries to please others but can get overwhelmed by emotions easily.

Iono... all i have at the moment ~.~

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    In my case i modeled Mei after myself and just change a few things depending on whatever scenario i play in.. pretty much no backstory set in stone. Ive only participated in one rp so far xP

Personality:

Spacey 90 percent of the time
    Loves to please others
    Cute
    Dorky
    Quick to anger
    Loves outdoors

She is fit but curvy, loves anything shiny and fuzzy things. Adores clothing. Always tries to please others but can get overwhelmed by emotions easily.

Iono... all i have at the moment ~.~
    Fine... all I/we need to go on is a taste, to get a feel for what story our characters would fit in. I've already made/presented a few suggestions/thoughts, so, all I need is a character of my own. Hmmm. So, we have a one-eyed satyr who finds pants uncomfortable, but who has moments of wisdom and seriousness to temper his quirks and sense of humor. Then we have a... Mei, not quite sure exactly what species your character is (shame on me, looking right at the pic)... well, we have a lady who likes clothing, spaces out more often than not, has a temper, and likes the outdoors. Which could lead her into meeting a "naked" satyr with a tongue issue and a possibly equally "naked" alien. With who knows what issues.

Heh... I could throw my Kah'Saun character Sev Ornil into this mix. He does wear clothing. He also rides a "motorcycle"... with retractable wings. And he does get about, so I could easily have him turn up in an outdoors setting, perhaps uncamping in the morning, or getting ready to set up camp later in the evening. Or just stopping off to grab a bit of lunch in some roadside diner, if not just pulling off the road and pulling something out of a saddlebag to gnaw on. Oh... Sev. He's 6'3" tall, a six-limbed dragonoid, extra set of arms instead of wings, with pale golden hide instead of scales. And three eyes... his Third Eye able to see spirits and such. I've used him before, so I know him well. Still pondering who to use, since it would be good to dig up a character I haven't use in RP before. But then, it might be good to have Sev, and "experienced" character you can play your own character off of.

Again, any thoughts of your own on how our characters could meet?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Erp, sorry. I'm a wolf. I like the camping idea, that seems like it could unfold nicely.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Hmm, I was fine with them meeting in the forest and converging on a body of water to gather some to drink or bathe in the lake/stream. IT would make for some silly moments no doubt. Even without Mushu to bite someone's butt. Ha ha!

I don't really want to impose a strict genre setting such as fantasy, real-world, or sic-fi simply because I'd rather the characters' interaction with the environment and what they say to one another eventually dictate the setting. So really a "run into one another randomly" scenario would work well.

They could:
    • all be in search of something, and even if it's not the same thing their search still brings them together.
    • all be applying for the same job somewhere.
    • meet in a coffeeshop (haha I know, but hey might as well mention it again)
    • be fleeing a great disturbance such as a war or natural/unnatural phenomenon
    • all be abducted from their home worlds by a "collector" alien who considers them unique
    • be on a talk show. Someone would have to be host then. Vici's not suitable. Not many can relate to him
    • be going to a "so you're an inhuman creature trying to live among humans; let's show you how to cope with that" seminar
    • even just be walking along a street, sidewalk, or dirt path and come across one another