Thread: Artists wanted

Weasyl
    kittenpaws

Artists wanted

I'm looking for people who have great art skills it be a huge plus if you also know programming or coding I am trying to create a breeding sim/ fighting rpg it has genetics and stats I prefer people who can draw many types of animals including fantasy animals and if you want to be co owner please list you're skills and so fourth

Yeah I guess you could say I got "art skills" but what exactly are you trying to make? Like, the difference between whether it's 2D or 3D alone could make or break the quality of whatever art you get from said artists. Also if you're just trying to make an indie game, you'll still need artists of some kind but there's softwares you can get now that are basically just game engines you can fill in the blanks for, more or less. There's one I've seen advertised a lot on YouTube over the past few months called "Build Box" or something like that, which seems geared mostly if not exclusively towards 2D games but I know Blender for example is a 3D animation toolkit that's just as easy to use (some argue [i]easier[i]) as a Maya or 3DSMax and has built-in tools for game-design type stuff. It all takes a shitload of skill individually but that's just the way games are.

I'd say your best bet is to have a better description of what you're trying to get made, then maybe people could offer better suggestions in terms of tools, etc and maybe even point you in the direction of some "local" artists who probably already have the skills and probably even the inclination to work on some kind of furry game.

It seems to be one of the more hotly-trending items on a lot of furries "to-do" lists over the past few years, doesn't it?

Weasyl
    kittenpaws
    It's a virtual breeding site / fighting game you re avatar can level up earn rewards while also being able to set up ranches and breed its mixture of fantasy, real life simulation, and breeding for genetics. But its not 3D or anything. The site it's self has many fun features and almost meets the needs of what alot of people want. The game will always have something to do. Quest will be uploaded thx to me and fellow members of the sites. Characters , NPC, and such will range by far

The game has its own currency , jobs, quest , gardens, avatars clothing shops, ranches, farms, pet stores , adoption centers , trading post, weapon shops, banks, ponds, foster care and such

Genetics will be based off of real life genetic codes and a mixture of fantasy fun

Animals that are available to be bought and bred are , horses, dogs,cats,donkeys, rabbits, guinea pigs and even hedge hogs and much more more

Fantasy animals unicorns, Pegasus, nine tailed foxes and such will also be featured and even players ( once the site is up and running) will be able to vote and suggest new species with enough votes

The map is very big actually and will require someone who great at coding, and someone who at good artist and loves drawing. This site will feature 4 worlds

The game has a fantasy feel with a Morden twist , and actually has a fun future district. Where clothes, weapons and Morden technology can be bought

Schooling will be available in the game to actually help people earn more rights to own animals or discover tombs, or even be able to get a job

Mini games will be included if I find someone who create them need people who be willing to do this as a hobby sorta to just pass the time through day you guys wont be paid till later ( when the game actually shoots off and people start buying products)

There are different levels of member ship
    Platinum members
    Gold members
    Sliver members
    Bronze members
    Coal members

Each members ship comes with its own perks

Once the game launches with kickstarters we will offer these member ships as reward for donating special weapons, clothing sets or even to be a mod

I will be the admin of the whole entire site but I will share partner ship for someone who willing to spend some funds and actually help put the site on the web and get started making this dream come true

Programmers, Artists, coders, any one great with genetics, is all welcome to reply

This has been on my mind and I wanna be able to bring it to life if the game is successful will be able to make a profit to not only fund the site but to fund more programmers, and such and make the site better than ever

Okay. Probably want to have something really substantial to show around the same time you even launch the Kickstarter. Like I don't do this myself so I'm not sure how complete a product you need, but obviously, the closer to completion or at least the more thoroughly you can represent what you're planning to launch, the more support and interest you'll garner. I sometimes wish we had a furry version of Dragon's Den full of people who really know their shit when it comes to business and markets and everything. I bet Rassah would be great for that but he's got his own lil' project(s) on the go and he's plunged head first into all of them based on every time I talk to him.

Your idea sounds ambitious as all hell and I kinda like it for that reason even though "breeding sims" and even most RPGs are kinda beyond me. But it sounds like you've got a great start on probably the most crucial aspect, creatively, and that's world-building.

So I take it you're looking for drawings of the map(s), I'm suggesting like a big map of the overworld to start then smaller, more detailed maps of individual locales. And creatures you shouldn't have too much trouble with. Of course getting anyone to do anything for free is going to be an uphill battle.

I won't lie, I kinda do need to just do "something" artistically, preferably kinda outside my comfort zone. But I wanna hear what other's have to say too.

Weasyl
    kittenpaws
    My imagination is just something that's keeps me going I wanna launch when I get a staff together and who's willing to just ride with me on this one I mean if this actually gets to go up and get supported there's no telling what everyone can do I never run out imagination and ideas will be taken into account thing about other sites who start and fail is because they go into simple you gotta add someone to get people to sign up and actually spend money I seen so many virtual sims fail because of that you gotta make sure people won't get bored I get bored within a day of play a game cause there's nothing else to and people will be wanting to upgrade and that means of course more fun and everyone who starts with me will receive a life time member ship and of crouse always get to brainstorm storm with me and get credit on the credit page I plan to also make sure gets to go up basically get recognition for all there hard work once this game takes off and we start making profit every one getting paid that's on my team I just want people who willing to actually take the chance and help me get started

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's a lot of work but if people come on and help then we can do it I really believe we could actually get this started if people join my team on this, I really wanna hear what others have to say as well I'm hoping if people would join if it launched and was beta mode would buy a ticket and join and actually test out everything before we launch of crouse we gotta check for bugs and glitches but it's gotta be done

- - - Updated - - -

Plus wolf-bone a furry version of dragons or wolves can also be added that's why we brainstorm and any type of artist can help this project you just gotta know how to draw some great animals I mean you have to do stages from birth , to teenager to adult then senior and be good at doing mutations and such

Weasyl
    sushy
    Sounds like you have very big plans. I would be interested but I only work on projects that can be paid in advance. In case you are interested, I have a price sheet here: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/10...ion-sheet-2015

Weasyl
    kittenpaws
    well I guess if you wanna work on the project then you're feel free to join but as of right now I can't pay anyone I just want a team to get together and help me

Weasyl
    maugryph
    Do you have a prototype or demo to show us? How much progress have you made on it?

If you don't have a prototype and you're just an 'idea person', few are going to want to work for you let alone for free, because, let's be honest "talk is cheap'. Once you have a prototype to show others THEN ask for help.

http://wannabe.urustar.net/

Sorry for being blunt and to the point, but this is the reality of designing a game, you have to have more then just words. You need a protoype.

If you DO have a prototype,my apologies for the tangent, I would love to see it as the concept is rather intreging.
    Last edited by maugryph; 09-07-2015 at 09:07 PM.