Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by kelliegator View Post
    This shouldn't be a rave, fall is just a painful reminder that the year is coming to a close and that I'll be one year older without having actually made any proper life progress.

...but on the bright side, it's also a sign that the new Doom game will be out soon (spring 2016). :3c
    I know this is going to sound like a silly suggestion, but have you tried keeping a positivity-journal or -jar?

Basically, each day you write something that made you happy or proud and then by the end of the year you reread it all again because it's amazing in an awful sort of way how quickly we tend to forget the good things.

A large jar works best for this imo because you write the thing on a strip of paper, fold it up and can't read it again until you dump out all the paper strips to open them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    I know this is going to sound like a silly suggestion, but have you tried keeping a positivity-journal or -jar?

Basically, each day you write something that made you happy or proud and then by the end of the year you reread it all again because it's amazing in an awful sort of way how quickly we tend to forget the good things.

A large jar works best for this imo because you write the thing on a strip of paper, fold it up and can't read it again until you dump out all the paper strips to open them up.
    I might consider that but my problem is that because of my depression it often feels like the positive things that happen in my life and positive things I've managed to do don't matter because ultimately I'm still, well, alone, with little to no love and emotional support in life.

Basically I'm super ronery. Falls reminds me that another year has gone by and I'm still alone.

I might consider that but my problem is that because of my depression it often feels like the positive things that happen in my life and positive things I've managed to do don't matter because ultimately I'm still, well, alone, with little to no love and emotional support in life.

Basically I'm super ronery. Falls reminds me that another year has gone by and I'm still alone.
    Ah, I get where you're coming from!
    The reason I suggested is because I started keeping one while in a similar situation and it does help a bit.

I mean, I know depression won't go away from being told "Cheer up!" but little things like that can kinda help boost your memory when needed, I think?

ETA: I also know it's not easy to do, but if you have hobbies and things to fall back on, maybe finding peace in those for the time being might help? Though, I'm an introvert and I'm quite happy being single as I don't want to have to share my me-time, so my situation may be quite different. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Ah, I get where you're coming from!
    The reason I suggested is because I started keeping one while in a similar situation and it does help a bit.

I mean, I know depression won't go away from being told "Cheer up!" but little things like that can kinda help boost your memory when needed, I think?

ETA: I also know it's not easy to do, but if you have hobbies and things to fall back on, maybe finding peace in those for the time being might help? Though, I'm an introvert and I'm quite happy being single as I don't want to have to share my me-time, so my situation may be quite different. D:
    Not sure what counts as hobbies. All I have now is video games outside of my studies, which is pathetic but there you go.

Not sure what counts as hobbies. All I have now is video games outside of my studies, which is pathetic but there you go.
    Not pathetic at all!

There have been numerous research-papers written on how playing video games helps stimulate the mind and can have various benefits to the individual playing them. There are even huge contests with professional gamers! It all depends on how you look at it, I suppose. c:

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    The reason you gotta rave over autumn is all the pumpkin themed goods. Right now, I'm sitting here with a big ol' pumpkin spiced latte and these things are orgasmic! Not only that - but I don't swelter in the hot heat and I'm not freezing in the winter. Now is a happy medium!

Weasyl
    Levi
    Feeling like autumn? I wish. Here, we're stuck with high temperatures at or near 90F through the end of the month. No cold front in sight.

But when it does come,sometime in late October or November, it'll be wonderful. Time to drink apple cider, parch peanuts, but most importantly, sleep with the windows open!

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    yesterday i found some acorns on the ground, so that was the tell-tale sign for me

This shouldn't be a rave, fall is just a painful reminder that the year is coming to a close and that I'll be one year older without having actually made any proper life progress.

...but on the bright side, it's also a sign that the new Doom game will be out soon (spring 2016). :3c
    A year already has passed. It passed today, yesterday, the day before, the day before that, the week before, last month, two weeks ago, etc. Every single day is one 365 day cycle. Just because we CALL Jan 1st the new year doesn't mean there wasn't a September 24th last year, or a Sept 25th last year. Tomorrow will be one year since last year's Sept 25th.

Really, all a year is, is just the Earth rotating around the sun once. I find it kind of funny how we base things like drinking age on how many times the Earth has rotated around the sun, ahah.
    Last edited by Gamedog; 09-24-2015 at 01:26 PM.