Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Clearly we need to go on a trip to America. Clearly.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Weasyl Halloween party lesgo

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    Weasyl
    MLR
    See? Halloween even makes people happy in countries where they DON'T celebrate it. My fuddy-duddy hypothesis is verified.

I remember this guided tour that the zoo in my city would always organize every Halloween when I was younger (I think *they* stopped organizing them, but I think / hope the one in Antwerp still does them).

Basically they'd take you on a tour around the park at night, with some stops where people in costume would tell a creepy story / urban legend / actual legend or myth involving the animal behind them. They also had mulled apple juice and pumpkin soup and the pathways were lit with those kind of torches and outdoor candles in the terracotta bowls? And they even got zoo-keepers to dress as werewolves and such to jump out of the bushes when the guides switched.

I just ... miss this. So much. They've still not announced the tours for this year, so i'm guessing it's another nope for our zoo. Fingers crossed for Antwerp. :[

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    I used to plan/host a Halloween Carnival when I worked at my last job (it was a Kmart xD). It's really so much fun to see kids enjoy the holiday. I tried not to do anything yoo scary though. Some who came were very little. The lady who I took over for was a genius with it though. She would make kids grab candy out of a fake coffin with a "corpse" inside. And she had the best costumes, my fav bring her "beauty queen" one where she had blackened out some of her teeth and put on fake warts and an ugly wig.

*sigh* I miss that.
    Last edited by Butterflygoddess; 09-06-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Clearly we need to go on a trip to America. Clearly.
    Feel free to stop by for candy, I'm the gun toting wizard with a bottle of luksusowa.
    Oh and ignore the death hound behind the door, he's just a silly little puppy!

If you guys ever come to America, be cautious with the children.
    There's bag-snatchers, car/speeders and child-snatchers.
    Nutcases also put glass, razors and shit in their candy.
    Not much else to worry about besides getting lost or crowded.

Other than house parties or going door to door. There's haunted attractions & theme parks,
    which I definitely recommend. Just don't punch the actors and you won't get kicked out! :U

Edit: I forget, there's also corn mazes and haystack rides.
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 09-06-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Last edited by DrunkCat; 09-06-2015 at 12:44 PM.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

The weather here is a mess. Feels like a bad summer rather than the coming of spring.
    I'm a winter person. Comfortable night sleep, hot chocolate, fancy cold weather accessories, less abundance of bugs...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank LeRenard View Post
    Whosoever isn't at least fond of Halloween (in the countries that celebrate it) is truly a grade-A fuddy duddy. Or maybe a Christian or other person of faith who isn't keen on celebrating Pagan festivals, I suppose, in which case it's more understandable.
    Well, it just seems like every holiday has people lamenting how it's "lost the spirit" for this or that reason, usually consumerism and the fact that holidays usually require a morality people fundamentally lack nowadays to really get in the spirit of at all. And there's the annual movement to, for example, "put Christ back in Christmas". People even want to invent new holidays to replace the old as if that will somehow change things in any important way. So I say why not just treat the holidays we already have better? Put your own meaning to them, Christian, Pagan, syncretic, purely secular, make some shit up! What do people think Kwanzaa is, like aliens came down from Egypt or something to give people that? Halloween's the typically "dumb" holiday. So if Halloween became more like Decemberween from Homestar Runner maybe it'd set things up nicely for the actual Christmas.

It's just a theory but one I'd love to test one year.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Supervisor's guilt over not dying?
    I don't have that yet but I will once I establish what supervisor's guilt is. I never felt guilty about shitcanning anyone though. Serves a fucker right for not better supervising his survivors guilt, or even the survivors!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat
    Are you talking about fall or taking improv classes?
    My whole life is basically one prolonged improv class. I think I get pretty good grades most of the time because sometimes they think I'm actually trolling. So that means it worked if they think I was legit trolling, right? LOL.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    I don't have that yet but I will once I establish what supervisor's guilt is. I never felt guilty about shitcanning anyone though. Serves a fucker right for not better supervising his survivors guilt, or even the survivors!
    It's still nonsense.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax