Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

[RAVE] It's finally starting to feel like autumn!

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    My favorite thing about autumn is EVERYTHING.

Colder temps, but not too cold. Allergies are gone, Halloween, football season is starting, and all of the trees turn beautiful colors!

Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    My favorite thing about autumn is EVERYTHING.

Colder temps, but not too cold. Allergies are gone, Halloween, football season is starting, and all of the trees turn beautiful colors!
    You are good people.
    Seriously though, no more disgustingly hot weather where you start feeling sticky and gross as soon as you so much as step outside. SPICES IN ALL THE THINGS. Just load me up on chai and pumpkin spice and I'll be the happiest camper around.

And also: misty mornings! There's something really awesome about heading out before it's light out and seeing the mist over the streets. Plus, also important: we get to sleep an extra hour once the time-switch rolls over. Because honestly? Fuck Daylight Saving Time. My sleep-schedule is messed up enough as it is, haha.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    #SpringPride

Actually - even if it's not Autumn here, and Autumn is kind of bland in Australia...
    I'm going to go with the neat red and orange colours the world seems to adopt once it comes around.
    Super nice!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Most Definitely Agreed,
    Although I like to wear my favorite jackets, grab the camping gear, catch fish and drink ALL kinds of vodka (great solvent for watercolors too). Pumpkin soup is also my favorite, Hell ORANGE is my favorite, pumpkin pie, cider, you name it!

As for Halloween, the only thing I hate about it are the god dam kids + the squirrels.
    They have a habit of making a mess of pumpkins on our lawn or porch...

Finally, I'd have to say thanksgiving and the outdoors is my favorite part of autumn.
    It's the season I'm most active, since I don't sweat as much or dress in layers with the cool weather.
    I also get to see real family get together (no xmas/gifts BS or two faced bastards),
    and hang out with many of my old friends.

I have many fond memories of fall, it's beautiful and honestly-
    I would die a happy man if I could choose it as my death date.

edit: fuck I forgot pumpkin bread.
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 09-05-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    #SpringPride

Actually - even if it's not Autumn here, and Autumn is kind of bland in Australia...
    I'm going to go with the neat red and orange colours the world seems to adopt once it comes around.
    Super nice!
    Oh no, so you're actually heading into the "sweaty armpit from hell"-weather? Move to Belgium, man! We have alll the cold and rain and proper autumn-weather you could ever want! And chocolate, too. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Kurk2288 View Post
    Most Definitely Agreed,
    Although I like to wear my favorite jackets, grab the camping gear, catch fish and drink ALL kinds of vodka (great solvent for watercolors too). Pumpkin soup is also my favorite, Hell ORANGE is my favorite, pumpkin pie, cider, you name it!

As for Halloween, the only thing I hate about it are the god dam kids + the squirrels.
    They have a habit of making a mess of pumpkins on our lawn or porch...

Finally, I'd have to say thanksgiving and the outdoors is my favorite part of autumn.
    It's the season I'm most active, since I don't sweat as much or dress in layers with the cool weather.
    I also get to see real family get together (no xmas/gifts BS or two faced bastards),
    and hang out with many of my old friends.

I have many fond memories of fall, it's beautiful and honestly-
    I would die a happy man if I could choose it as my death date.
    I'm a non-drinker (not out of conviction or anything, the taste is just ... nopenopenope), so I don't have any vodka handy. I will, however, keep that in mind, should I ever manage to nick a bottle from one of my friends, haha. They were already disappointed as hell when I asked for vodka at a festival, only to dab on and sterilize my split lip. :p

And aaah, in a sense I kind of feel sad about the fact that Halloween isn't as big as it is in the States. Some people decorate their houses, but that's about it. No candy, no really spoopy shit, just ... pumpkins and ghosts everywhere. Oh, and some zoos do night-time "spooky" tours. That's always cool as well.

And I reallly want to participate in a proper Thanksgiving, just once. It really looks like a pre-Christmas without all of the craziness with the presents and everything.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Weasyl
    MLR
    We had a good solid week of Autumn last month, which was wonderful, and then Summer came back and said, "No, get out of here," and the temperature rose to 90F (32C) and decided to stay there for a week. And it's going to stay there until next Wednesday, apparently. I guess I have to blame El Niņo for this.

But I'll be very happy when it finally does decide to stay Autumn for real around here. You can go out and pick apples from the dozen or so orchards out east of here, which are amazing, and everybody starts selling pumpkin beers, and the squash and sweet potatoes are fresh and delicious, and I can finally start baking things in the oven without turning my apartment into a sweat lodge. Hands-down, Autumn is the best season.

I wish I could be as excited for fall. :T But where I'm at all fall is is just more heat without as much of the sweat from summer. I hate living in Florida in the latter seasons; I WISH FOR THE COLLLLD.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Autumn is my favorite season! The trees turn so pretty, it's cool but not cold, and I love Thanksgiving and Halloween! I wanna go up to my Grandma's house sometime in the fall to see what it looks like in the country, I'm in the city and I have a feeling it'll be ten times more beautiful up there.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    N/A
    No love for summer here?! D; Although autumn definitely is a time to look forward to each year (miles better than winter!). Getting pumped for Halloween already, heck yeah~