Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: art tablet

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart

art tablet

see im trying to get an art tablet but IDK what kind to get, i mean there are SO MANY to choose from.... basicly im just looking for one that you can draw with, with a pen and of cource something in my price range but of cource can make some decent art. but yeah my price range is a VERY low $150
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    For tablets, I always recommend Wacom. My three tablets I've had over the past 10-11 years have been Wacom and they were/are really good. For a cheap one, check out the Wacom Bamboo. They offer wireless, but in my experience the wireless capabilities aren't that good, so I'd go with usb.
    Last edited by Tiger; 09-04-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    thanks.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    I've heard Monoprice makes some affordable tablets too, if you're willing to get something non-Wacom. I don't have a Monoprice or a Wacom myself though, so I can't provide a comparison. Might wanna read some reviews on them, and you should probably check other websites as well for more reviews and different prices.

Intuos is really the way to go, but if that's out of your budget, look into getting a second hand one.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Quote Originally Posted by rbartrop View Post
    Intuos is really the way to go, but if that's out of your budget, look into getting a second hand one.
    This is what I did. Even refurbished is a hell of a lot cheaper than new if you are tight on cash.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    I've heard Monoprice makes some affordable tablets too, if you're willing to get something non-Wacom. I don't have a Monoprice or a Wacom myself though, so I can't provide a comparison. Might wanna read some reviews on them, and you should probably check other websites as well for more reviews and different prices.
    OP, remembering your previous threads, I still think you should spend more time with traditional media. But if you really are dead-set on getting a tablet, Monoprice makes decent entry-level models. I've yet to replace mine.

Just don't expect it to be a magic bullet for your art struggles. It's almost the opposite, really.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    OP, remembering your previous threads, I still think you should spend more time with traditional media. But if you really are dead-set on getting a tablet, Monoprice makes decent entry-level models. I've yet to replace mine.

Just don't expect it to be a magic bullet for your art struggles. It's almost the opposite, really.
    This. If you can't draw with a pencil and paper, you won't be able to draw with a tablet either.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I gotta agree with Pinard, those things will hinder your progress or potentially frustrate you. One major handicap for new people with graphics tablets, including LCD displays. Is the disconnect between you, the tablet, the PC, and the LCD screen "gap" or thickness. Then there minor expenses like nibs and sheet/screen replacements. Life/longevity isn't an issue, but tablets also don't last forever and the same goes for soft/hardware support.

Regardless of that, there's no point in spending too much on a graphics tablet, since you're starting out. The best tools aren't necessary, and you don't want cheap stuff either. Go with a decent or used (make sure it works) Wacom, or other brands people have suggested.

Edit: Take note of rejected brands, but don't avoid it.
    Just ask questions and look into it before you take that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Please do not get Huion.
    Why not?
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 09-04-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Weasyl
    maugryph
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Very true. Beginning artists seem to have this illusion that a drawing tablet and photoshop/sai/ etc will make their drawing better, but in the end it usually causes more frustration. Learning to draw on a tablet is a skill in itself.
    OP, It's the artist's skill level that makes a great drawing, not the tool. I've seen some paintings that made my jaw drop and they where made in MS paint.