Thread: Hit "The wall"

Weasyl
    N/A

Hit "The wall"

So iv'e been learning to make music using FL studio for almost a year now and i feel like..im so stuck
    I made my first big room track since i accidentally made a melody that sounded like it suited, it wasn't bad, it wasnt good and it was pretty generic but i felt like it was the best i could have done, but it seems after that...i completely drew a blank..i couldn't make anymore..anything, iv'e made several chord progressions but they haven't gone anywhere, before i would find a chord progression and be like "wow that sounds a lot better than before, cant wait till i finish this" but now i struggle to make a melody for chord progressions and i feel like i will never top that last song and iv'e hit a wall and basically i find it impossible to come up with something new, i don't even know what genre of music i would be aiming for, recently iv'e been considering cinematic kind of music which will obviously be more complex and i have got something that sounds the part, but i don't know if i should really even try

Im sure this happens with art and writing etc as well, it feels like i am too limited to make anything good and i seem to be stuck completely

I hate that. What ever music you listen to stop. Go on youtube and find something that you never thought of hearing. Jazz. bebop, old classical, 70's acid rock. Don't just hear it. Really get into what's going on within the music. Do this for a few days to a week. Listen to as many different styles of music as you can find. Flood yourself with new ideas.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    hmmmm..... yeah that is a tough one.... ummm have you thought of just combineing random beats, melodies, etc. until you find one original and one that you like?
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    N/A
    yea i have a few but i dont know the genre of which to base them around, im trying to work on something right now that might be able to get me out of this annoying mindset