Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    they survived Reaganomics
    Hahaha, Reaganomics is still reagaraging. Shit sucks hardcore and we're no where near repairing the damage of deregulation. For fuck sakes we still don't have a real replacement to the Glass–Steagall Legislation and minimum wage is laughable. Almost as laughable as taking "get off my lawn" and "can't wait till they die off" seriously. Ancient divides are ancient and stereotypical.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    On the contrary, I think the newer generations are becoming wiser. Youths who are homophobic are a minority, and for good reason; they see that prejudice isn't right. Youths that have such prejudices are usually force-fed it by their parents, I know a guy like that.

There's things that youths are pretty reckless with, like drinking and being responsible during sex, but I'll pull the Cultural Marxism card on those two in particular.
    There seems to be some kids looking to show how dark and edgy they are, so they spout this stuff, because this is how to shock the elders nowadays. It's the new Satanism, and I suspect most will just outgrow it.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Says the millennial. The younger generation is anything but wise or knowledgable. They think they are and they are ludicrously fast to judge others for being "homophobic" or "prejudiced". Older people went through the race riots of the 60s, they lived through second wave feminism, they survived Reaganomics, the oil crisis, Vietnam, the 70s stagflation, the Cuban missile crisis, the Rodney King incident, Watergate, the AIDS epidemic, etc. Yet because they're not AS accepting as the younger generation, the kids today like to think they're "out of touch."
    Me being a millennial has nothing to do with my opinion. Like I said, I know a guy around my age who has typical old-day values. He's a millennial like I am, and I have a good feeling if he agreed with you that you wouldn't be brushing off his opinion for being one.

We should never forget our history, and we also shouldn't treat it like it happened yesterday. World War I and World War II are 21 years apart. It is now 2015, 76 years after the start of WWII and we haven't had another one yet; someone's doing something right. I'm not counting the War on Terror as a world war since that's just the U.S being oil whores at this point.

The younger generation may not have had to endure all that shit, but that doesn't mean they're stupid or unwise. The reason we haven't had another World War yet is because the United Nations is doing it's job, and that the newer generations can see the damage those wars caused through our history and don't want to experience it themselves. Old people throughout the generations had the exact same thoughts you do, and in 2070 there will be millennials thinking that the new generation doesn't know what the hell they're doing while using flying cars to travel from country to country that post-millennials invented.
    Last edited by GlaringFeline; 09-04-2015 at 04:49 PM.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    Me being a millennial has nothing to do with my opinion. Like I said, I know a guy around my age who has typical old-day values. He's a millennial like I am, and I have a good feeling if he agreed with you that you wouldn't be brushing off his opinion for being one.
    Boy oh boy is it hard to put into words how stupid this post is. Just because you know a person with old-day values doesn't mean the general experience of being a millennial doesn't instill values of holier-than-thou liberalism and contempt for older people who aren't as progressive as they are. I'm not 3 months off a college campus, I know how the blithering idiots the School of Humanities keeps churning out think.

We should never forget our history, and we also shouldn't treat it like it happened yesterday. World War I and World War II are 21 years apart. It is now 2015, 76 years after the start of WWII and we haven't had another one yet; someone's doing something right. I'm not counting the War on Terror as a world war since that's just the U.S being oil whores at this point.
    Significant global conflicts since 1945:

The Korean War, a multinational conflict sponsored by the U.N. that resulted in a nation being reduced to rubble and their civilization crumbling into a George Orwell novel.

Vietnam, a war spanning decades and numerous nations that was initiated by the French, with Vietnamese death tolls in the millions. Resulted in massive protests and the infamous "homeless veterans" that haunt America to this day.

The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, pretty much what America did but with an 80s soundtrack. America sponsored the Taliban in an attempt to stop the invasion through guerrilla warfare.

If you look at the timeline each one of these is about 17 years apart give or take. Just because they're not called "world war III" doesn't mean the U.N. was doing its job. The primary difference in all of them is they were very one sided. Also, if you think our current conflicts have anything to do with oil, you know nothing of international politics or the nature of the United States interests in the Middle East.

The younger generation may not have had to endure all that shit, but that doesn't mean they're stupid or unwise.
    No, the fact they're inexperienced do-nothings is the reason they're stupid and unwise.

The reason we haven't had another World War yet is because the United Nations is doing it's job, and that the newer generations can see the damage those wars caused through our history and don't want to experience it themselves.
    Uh-huh, that's why all those conflicts I pointed out never happened, right? I'm sure the generation after WWI was terrified of something similar happening again. That didn't stop WWII from happening one generation later.

Old people throughout the generations had the exact same thoughts you do, and in 2070 there will be millennials thinking that the new generation doesn't know what the hell they're doing while using flying cars to travel from country to country that post-millennials invented.
    Keep clinging to that notion. I'm not saying the baby-boomers were perfect, they fucked a lotta shit up, but the retard-babies they've been pushing out are certainly nothing to put your faith in.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Just so you know, The previous generation thought the boomers were a bunch of clueless crybabies too.

Weasyl
    CrazyLee
    Teenage Angst complains about "all you damn young people."

*finds pictures of him where he looks 20s or maybe 30s*

mmmmhmmmmm......

I'm a stupid young person too. But I'm self aware.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    N/A
    That's not self awareness, it's fedorabearding.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    ANTI-SEMITE, NAZI! JEW HATER!! KeK :U

TA is on ball -for the most part. Oil is not the only thing the US is interested in (Opium is nice). The UN is also a big fucking joke, They basically ignored/allowed the Bosnian Genocide in former Yugoslavia, and the US only got involved out of self-interest (including Kosovo). The cold war never ended and WW3 is well on it's way, with the shit going on in Eastern Europe & internationally. Heck I'm involved with my fatherland and Polish paramilitaries, preparing for a Russkie invasion.

Back ontopic,
    I say remove the tax exempt status on christian fundamentalists, and they can marry off who ever they fucking please. Problem solved, just find another person/place to get married, you don't need to force their acceptance. Cuckservatives made the mistake of allowing civil unions, and "teh gays" wanted more.

FYI: Idgaf about marriage at all, it's a business like everything else and gives the state more power over you. Edit: "Traditional" marriage died a long time ago, and it's basically meaningless with "no fault" divorce, public schooling, etc. (Yes I'm fine with gay people getting married)
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 09-05-2015 at 02:26 AM. Reason: typo +

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Boy oh boy is it hard to put into words how stupid this post is. Just because you know a person with old-day values doesn't mean the general experience of being a millennial doesn't instill values of holier-than-thou liberalism and contempt for older people who aren't as progressive as they are. I'm not 3 months off a college campus, I know how the blithering idiots the School of Humanities keeps churning out think.
    I don't know if you knew this or not, but not every millennial blindly follows Tumblr's doctrines of extremism and self-victimization. It seems hard to believe, but some people are progressive but not spew Tumblr's idea of progress. Me, I believe LGBT+ people should not be discriminated against in the workplace and I believe legal documents(not medical) should recognize non-binary pronouns. Do I believe people should be able to mark "sprit-fox-self" or "attack-helicopter-self" on their legal forms? Fuck no. I want non-binary people to be recognized on legal forms, not parodied like Tumblr does so much with their "kintypes" and -kin pronouns. Do I consider myself liberal? No. Do I consider myself conservative? No, because both groups have made a fucking joke out of themselves. Liberals with shit like Tumblr, conservatives with the Westboro Baptist Church.

Significant global conflicts since 1945:

The Korean War, a multinational conflict sponsored by the U.N. that resulted in a nation being reduced to rubble and their civilization crumbling into a George Orwell novel.

Vietnam, a war spanning decades and numerous nations that was initiated by the French, with Vietnamese death tolls in the millions. Resulted in massive protests and the infamous "homeless veterans" that haunt America to this day.

The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, pretty much what America did but with an 80s soundtrack. America sponsored the Taliban in an attempt to stop the invasion through guerrilla warfare.

If you look at the timeline each one of these is about 17 years apart give or take. Just because they're not called "world war III" doesn't mean the U.N. was doing its job. The primary difference in all of them is they were very one sided. Also, if you think our current conflicts have anything to do with oil, you know nothing of international politics or the nature of the United States interests in the Middle East.
    I'll admit, I've been out of school for a while so my history is pretty rusty. I do remember that the only reason the U.S wanted to fight Communism was because if countries adopted it, they wouldn't be doing much business with Uncle Sam. The U.S got involved in the fight against Communism across the entire globe because of money, I don't really remember what sparked the Cold War.

As for the U.S in the Middle East, what other reason do we have to be there? The War on Terror? If that's why we're there, we'll never leave. You can't fight terrorism with bombs, terrorism is an idea and you physically can't kill an idea. After Al-Queda's leader was killed we didn't hear much from them, then ISIS was made. We get rid of ISIS, then something else will come up for us to fight and it will be a never ending circle. The U.S is throwing away billions of dollars on a war that they can't win.

Solving the Arab-Israeli conflict? I can see us being there for that. My take on it is, we should stay out of other country's affairs unless they ask the U.S for help. If they did, I'm not sure.

Uh-huh, that's why all those conflicts I pointed out never happened, right? I'm sure the generation after WWI was terrified of something similar happening again. That didn't stop WWII from happening one generation later.
    WWII was a necessary evil. WWI happened because an assassination happened, Austro-Hungarians began invading Serbia, and Germany invading Luxembourg and Belgium. Because of alliances, a bunch of European countries got sucked into it and eventually the U.S did too. After WWI, the U.S went isolationist and stayed out of the fighting until Pearl Harbor. They were delivering supplies to the allies, but they weren't there to fight. Hitler was doing really terrible shit, so there was support for the war to stop what he was doing. It was brutal and violent, but stopping Hitler was a necessary evil.

After the U.S decided to stick it's nose in everyone's business, that's how the Korean and Vietnam wars happened. If the U.S had still been isolationist, those wars may not have involved the U.S at all. It was wrong for the U.S to get involved in those wars, we did it purely out of self-interest.

Keep clinging to that notion. I'm not saying the baby-boomers were perfect, they fucked a lotta shit up, but the retard-babies they've been pushing out are certainly nothing to put your faith in.
    It's happening even now. Old people complaining about all the changes our world is going through while typing away on a SmartPhone. I'm not saying that Millennials are perfect angels that can do no wrong, I'm saying that they're not monkeys flinging their shit around and the certainly aren't little Einsteins either.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-