Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    The dead babies comparison is out-of-line. I agree with if the dumb bitch isn't going to do her job, then she should get fired or quit. She can't use her religion to persecute people anymore, and it's depressing that it takes a Christian to point that out.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    N/A
    It was talked about in the weasyl IRC but just in case, she has been thrown in jail.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    CrazyLee
    My comment about dead children wasn't to demean children who have horribly died in warzones, which is terrible no matter what, but when people of religion martyr themselves or others for some stupid cause. "I'm willing to suffer/die, or let others suffer/die because invisible father says so." Religious people do stupid shit.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Yeah america is pretty crazy from what i hear, but sadly it will take a generation or 2 for most of the homophobic people to die out but even then, there will still be a bunch of idiots preaching Leviticus, a book so fuckin crazy and stupid, it literally can not apply to modern times and all of humanity is going to hell for it, and of course the people preaching it are the ones defying its most popular rules

I love how when social issues like this come up there's always some fedorabeard saying they're just waiting for the people who disagree with them to "die out", as if the sole reason they have for their standpoint is being old and out of touch with the youth. Because, of course, the youth is always right.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    N/A
    I always thought it was because of the calcification of peoples thoughts as they age.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Generally people become set in their ways after they've acquired things like knowledge, experience, wisdom, you know, things the youth tends to eschew.

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    Generally people become set in their ways after they've acquired things like knowledge, experience, wisdom, you know, things the youth tends to eschew.
    On the contrary, I think the newer generations are becoming wiser. Youths who are homophobic are a minority, and for good reason; they see that prejudice isn't right. Youths that have such prejudices are usually force-fed it by their parents, I know a guy like that.

There's things that youths are pretty reckless with, like drinking and being responsible during sex, but I'll pull the Cultural Marxism card on those two in particular.
    Last edited by GlaringFeline; 09-04-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: improved the wording
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    On the contrary, I think the newer generations are becoming wiser. Youths who are homophobic are a minority, and for good reason; they see that prejudice isn't right. Youths that have such prejudices are usually force-fed it by their parents, I know a guy like that.

There's things that youths are pretty reckless with, like drinking and being responsible during sex, but I'll pull the Cultural Marxism card on those two in particular.
    Says the millennial. The younger generation is anything but wise or knowledgable. They think they are and they are ludicrously fast to judge others for being "homophobic" or "prejudiced". Older people went through the race riots of the 60s, they lived through second wave feminism, they survived Reaganomics, the oil crisis, Vietnam, the 70s stagflation, the Cuban missile crisis, the Rodney King incident, Watergate, the AIDS epidemic, etc. Yet because they're not AS accepting as the younger generation, the kids today like to think they're "out of touch."