Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I don't know if you knew this or not, but not every millennial blindly follows Tumblr's doctrines of extremism and self-victimization.
    Even acknowledging non-binary gender as a thing would have been extreme not 15 years ago, and still is to most people who lived through a time when being a homosexual was a clinical illness. I'm still not convinced it's what people demand it is, and I'm a young 20-something.

The U.S got involved in the fight against Communism across the entire globe because of money, I don't really remember what sparked the Cold War.
    Not really. The Cold War was the death rattle of the colonial era of international politics. Stalin had effectively won World War II but the United States only lost the Philippines while their homeland was secure. The British lost India and with it almost their entire empire. The colonial powers in the world had gone from about half a dozen down to two, and of those two the United States eventually emerged victorious.

As for the U.S in the Middle East, what other reason do we have to be there?
    It's a complicated mess that goes back to the aforementioned Soviet conflict of the 80s and can't eloquently be explained. Let me say it started over geopolitical gerrymandering involving natural gas and oil pipeline rights and eventually devolved into Vietnam 2.0.

WWII was a necessary evil.
    World War II started out of direct consequence of World War I, consequences that President Wilson tried desperately to avoid but the European leaders wouldn't listen. Also we were not isolationist, we were "non-interventionalist". We didn't want to get involved, but we still did shit like giving weapons and supplies to the British, freezing all Japanese assets, and cutting off 90% of the Japanese oil supply, scrap metal, etc. We did everything we could aside from firing bullets until 1941 to piss the axis powers off, and entirely because we supported the British.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    Even acknowledging non-binary gender as a thing would have been extreme not 15 years ago, and still is to most people who lived through a time when being a homosexual was a clinical illness. I'm still not convinced it's what people demand it is, and I'm a young 20-something.
    15 years ago, allowing gay people to marry in the U.S would have been extreme too(especially in the deep south), but they can now. Being non-binary is a fairly new concept, so I can understand people's skepticism. Hell, I didn't even know people like that existed until fairly recently(when I was 15-early 16) and in those years I didn't get that people can lack understanding of other groups but not outright hate them.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    I really wouldn't worry about the Right getting up in arms about it, OP. She's very clearly trying to deny rights and put church in the state.

Most of the nation is for gay marriage, it just takes following the law and having these people who refuse to follow the law arrested. After all, she doesn't have to work for the government.

Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    15 years ago, allowing gay people to marry in the U.S would have been extreme too(especially in the deep south), but they can now. Being non-binary is a fairly new concept, so I can understand people's skepticism. Hell, I didn't even know people like that existed until fairly recently(when I was 15-early 16) and in those years I didn't get that people can lack understanding of other groups but not outright hate them.
    Well I think that's the issue. This modern society of latte-sipping dipshits thinks that anyone who disagrees with them is either a hateful bigot or a stupid uneducated bumblefuck. A lot of people still think being gay is weird and it makes them uncomfortable, doubly so for trannys. That doesn't mean they hate them, it means they're uncomfortable, and trying to press the issue is going to galvanize them.

None of this is applicable to this county clerk though, she's just being an asshole.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    Well I think that's the issue. This modern society of latte-sipping dipshits thinks that anyone who disagrees with them is either a hateful bigot or a stupid uneducated bumblefuck. A lot of people still think being gay is weird and it makes them uncomfortable, doubly so for trannys. That doesn't mean they hate them, it means they're uncomfortable, and trying to press the issue is going to galvanize them.

None of this is applicable to this county clerk though, she's just being an asshole.
    I think the key issue that stems off of is everyone being overly-pc. In their minds, you can't consider them weird and you can't be uncomfortable around them without hating them. Hell, even looking at a gay couple wrong is homophobia to these nutcases. When I see gay couples, I can't help but look longer than I should since I almost never see that around here. To liberals, I'm a homophobic piece of shit for not treating it like a normal occurrence.

That county clerk is just asshurt that she can't use God as an excuse to not do her job. If she wants to do government work, she has to leave her own personal beliefs at the door and she didn't want to do that. Now she's sitting in a jail cell for it and I'm not gonna complain.

Ironically if she goes to prison she'll probably experience homosexuality first hand.

Rape jokes!

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    That's not funny! U triggered my Twitter PTSD u misogynist!

Weasyl
    N/A
    #ReligiousLiberty, #KimDavis, #ImWithKim
    All aboard the crazy train! Chooo chooo!

"Christianity criminalized"...

Since I was raised by Catholics and forced to attend Sunday school.
    I'm going to quote some bible passages, like any good christian would.

(Just some off of the top of my head. These should suffice)

Deuteronomy 22:13-21

If a woman isn't a virgin before/when she marries, she shall be stoned (to death). Depending on whether the husband beds the betrothed, dislikes and gives speech against her. The elders determine innocence & guilt based on tokens of her virginity, from her parents. If found innocent, the husband will be fined 100 shekels, can not divorce and must support her (for life).

Exodus 22:16

If a man beds an unmarried virgin, he must endow marriage to her.

Deuteronomy 22:23

If a man beds a virgin already pledged to marriage, they both shall be stoned (to death)
    The man for defiling another mans wife (or to be), and the betrothed for not calling help.

Anyways, if Christians weren't such massive hypocrites and cherry pickers (for better or worse).
    A lot them would be tasting rocks for days and months, until the last breath...

Yet they are forgiven, unlike "the faggots" they condemn,
    whom may -or- may not have even committed "sodomy".

(I'm atheist duh)
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 09-07-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurk2288 View Post
    Oh nature how I wish.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax