Weasyl
    DevilishlyHandsome49

Bringing your artwork to Weasyl

So if you came from another art site (like me) and started to bring your work from that previous site onto here, did you ever find yourself having a hard time choosing whether to bring certain stuff over or just bringing all of it over?

I can't figure out if I should leave the scraps I have on FA or just make a folder called scraps on Weasyl and bring it over.

Then again, there's a reason why I put them in scraps in the first place...

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    I just picked a set of my favourite stuff, stuck it in a folder called "old" and kept all the new stuff separate
    because I don't care much for old stuff anyway, it's just around for posterity.
    Best to focus on what's new and greatest

Weasyl
    Vae
    I usually have a quality cutoff date. Things after a certain time period in my gallery won't be uploaded to the new site, unless they really stick out to me.

My improvement in art has been rather consistent, so it's kind of an easy system to follow.

Same thing with scraps. I would only bring them over if they were really, really good.

An exception would probably be something like comics. Obviously, I'm not gonna leave entire chunks of a story behind, even if the art IS bad by my standards now.
    Same thing with materials relating to those stories. (If they actually provide relevant information.)
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    CrazyLee
    Wasn't there some sort of App that transferred it automatically?

Weasyl
    Levi
    I didn't see a reason to bring everything over when I first moved to Weasyl as my primary gallery. Only those stories that I thought were especially good made the cut.

Unless you have submissions that only make sense in a specific sequence (comics, story chapters, things like that), what would be the benefit of bringing over everything? Why not start with your best/favorite stuff and build from there?
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

Weasyl
    DevilishlyHandsome49
    Thanks for the advice everyone I ended up just bringing all my best stuff to my Weasyl account

I just upload one from my DA account daily.

I only keep older stuff for comparison, so there's no reason to drag the worse parts everywhere I go.

Weasyl
    The Pink Rose Of Texas
    When I decided to join Weasyl, I brought over some of my older works from my DeviantArt account http://mr-pink-rose.deviantart.com so that people here might enjoy them, and I'm now crating more art to upload on either this account, the other one, or both.