Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Ahkrin Descol
    I prefer PC gaming personally, I had the money at the time to drop on a good system so the improved graphics and load times are a nice benefit. That said you do have to maintain a lot of the software the console essentially does for you such as graphics drivers so it's more work. It falls down to whether you like tweaking stuff and have the money for it or if you just want to buy a box that plays games fairly soon after slapping a disc in. Simplicity is sometimes the best course of action, I do find there's a lot younger people on consoles though due to this simplicity sadly.

tl;dr: PC if you have cash and patience, console otherwise.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Sadly I can't find who the avatar's by, it's somewhere in the murky land that is DeviantArt.

For me I primarily play games on my little toaster of a PC but sometimes I dust off my PS2 or Gamecube to play some games I really love. I wouldn't mind getting a Wii U to get my hands on some of the games on it but for now I rather save up the cash to build myself a new gaming rig. D8 I wish I could play the new Killer Instinct too but I don't wanna get the Xbone just for that or get Windows 10 and have Microsoft blatantly look through my stuff. There's also Bloodborne for PS4 but I got a buddy nearby that'll let me play it so I'm cool on that end.

I prefer console. Not for rational reasons.
    I just dislike the general idea of not playing video games on dedicated handheld or home consoles. Shoving games into multimedia devices like PCs and phones feels like banalizing video games to me.

Weasyl
    Nami
    I prefer pc. I don't like game console controllers. Key bindings are much easier for me to play a game with. Other than that I get motion sick if I play on a console.

Weasyl
    oly
    PC.

I do have a Wii U, I'd get a PS4 if I had disposable income or just got an insane killer deal somewhere, but only because Bloodbourne and a few other games are exclusive to it.

I see consoles mostly as computers that aren't as useful.

Weasyl
    LazerMaster5
    On a separate note, what is the best way to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to a Windows 7 computer? I have a Logitec F310 controller for gaming on my computer, but my Halo 4 Xbox 360 controller feels much nicer, and I would love to switch to it for gaming. I love games where you can switch between keyword and mouse and controller, like GTA V. It's great to have mouse precision for firefights and controller comfort for driving.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerMaster5 View Post
    On a separate note, what is the best way to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to a Windows 7 computer? I have a Logitec F310 controller for gaming on my computer, but my Halo 4 Xbox 360 controller feels much nicer, and I would love to switch to it for gaming. I love games where you can switch between keyword and mouse and controller, like GTA V. It's great to have mouse precision for firefights and controller comfort for driving.
    You only need to download an xbox 360 driver for windows 7. I use a wired one. Dunno if there is anything else to it for the wireless version.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Heh, I use a wired PS3 controller to play rpg games on my PC.

Weasyl
    Ahkrin Descol
    Quote Originally Posted by LazerMaster5 View Post
    You can buy a wireless receiver designed for 360 controllers on the computer, sadly it costs about as much as a wired 360 controller :/ I tried just plugging one of my wireless controllers in with a plug n charge kit (after all it's just a USB to controller port cable) and it wasn't having it drivers/accessory software or not. I'd grab a wired 360 controller personally as it's the same price/size and it saves the durability of your halo 4 controller; if you insist on using the halo 4 controller then the receiver's your best bet I believe.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Sadly I can't find who the avatar's by, it's somewhere in the murky land that is DeviantArt.

Weasyl
    Sylver
    I prefer both

I don't like playing many games on my PC, but I do enjoy gaming on my Xbox one. I could not care less about the graphics, honestly.