Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PC or console and why?

Personally I play on console because every time I have tried playing a game on pc something goes wrong. The game not downloading, textures missing and no audio are a few of the things that have driven me away from gaming on pc. I would like to play more pc but it always goes wrong. What do you play games on and why? And what do you think of the opposite gaming system?

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteTheWolf View Post
    The game not downloading, textures missing and no audio
    Are you playing pirated games or something? I probably have maybe 1 problem per 10 games I play at most, and 5 minutes on Google usually fixes it. Though if you're using Origin *bleugh* then yeaaahhh maybe that's not so good.

I play exclusively on PC. As for why: Steam sales. And (sometimes self-created) mods. And being able to alt+tab to a browser or IRC or whatever. And I mostly play FPS and RPGs, which is awkward as hell on a controller sometimes.

Consoles are great and all, but they're just not for me. It's a shame how many cool games there are that have been console-exclusive

Weasyl
    Vae
    I just do both.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    I like both, although preference to console ones. It's just so nice to have a physical copy of a game/system in front of a tv (I guess you could technically say that this could be done for computer games too, but yeah).

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
    Are you playing pirated games or something?
    I play games on steam. I only have three games because of said problems. I have gmod which has no audio and sometimes missing textures even on the developer made models and weapons. FNAF4 has no audio which means the game is useless and COD WAW which has invisible walls all around and sometimes teleports me to random locations on the map.

I guess I just have bad luck on PC.

Weasyl
    LazerMaster5
    PC is great because you know exactly what is in your rig. You can upgrade parts when you need to, and most mid to high end graphics cards allow for better graphics quality than any console currently known to man. There are so many choices for gaming, from emulators to DOS to modern services like Steam. Add easy, accessible Internet browsers, mods, custom music, free multiplayer, and greater choice in control schemes and the choice becomes very clear. If you can afford it and have the know-how, PC gaming is the best for you. After all, PC gaming is what you make of it.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Started with PC gaming back with the Oregon Trail, switched to consoles (N64 which I still have) and now back to PC gaming. Biggest reason is the modding community.

Weasyl
    Joybit
    Console, PC, Handheld, and Arcade all in one home. There are no boundaries here, it's neutral territory for anything with fun games.
    Oh no I said the F word.
    Rinpoe the Ringtail Fox and Joybit the Rock Dove
    Live in this profile
    --> 01B6D8CF <--

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    I primarily use my PC for gaming, though I do like to kick back with a console once in a while. Both sides have their charm; I just tend to play more on my desktop because I use it for everything else, anyway, so it's more convenient.

Weasyl
    DevilishlyHandsome49
    Primarily console. Only games I'll play on PC are small indie games, and games like the Sims and Cities Skylines