Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Welcome, TX! Nice to meet you ~.^ its always nice to see such a friendly intro. I wish i could help with the whole local furs thing... let me know if you ever move to CA :3

Oh, intro.. I'm Mei, 27/female arctic wolf/northern california. I enjoy music, furry art, some gaming and anything outdoorsy.

What kind of music do you like?
    Hello Mei, It's great to meet ya too.

I actually moved to TX from SoCal when I turned 18. I really love Texas and I would not move anywhere else. NorCal is always a great place to visit though as I still have family out that way along the California/Nevada border.

I don't really have a furry character. I am kinda working on one if anything to at least have as my avatar/profile pic thing that shows every time I post. Would need to commission someone to make it though as I have 0 drawing ability.

As far as music goes I enjoy almost anything except rap/hip hop(there exceptional subgenres though such as cut & paste and instrumental), pop country(love older country though), and whatever category of music the Miley Cyruss and Lady Gagas of music fit into. Mostly though I find myself listening to 80's post-punk(Echo and The Bunnymen/ Siouxsie and The Banshees), western styled folk rock (Murder by Death/ The Builders & The Butchers), and Shoegazer rock (Lush/ Twilight Sad/ Asobi Seksu). I have my days though and will play anything from Ritchie Valens, to B.B. King, to Elvis, to Techno/Trance etc. etc. etc.

Oh one more type I can't stand is music where they scream all the time. A scream can ocassionaly be a good part of the song, but if I can't understand the what they're singing about it just kills it for me.

Sorry that was a bit long winded, But once again it is quite nice to meet you.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Coywolf View Post
    Yeah. Navigation on here is pretty easy and straightforward. It's all the little things like posting pictures and what not that will take me time to learn. I did however, get skype installed on this thing so when I get some free time I'll get an account set up and give it a go.

There is one thing you could maybe help me with though. I would like to find a list of meets in the DFW/ North Texas area. Was wonderin' if you knew where a site or forum where there is a list? As much as I like meeting people on here, there just is no true substitute for meeting someone face to face. I like to shake people hands and put a face to the name, even if it's an online screen name. Don't get me wrong though, I am thoroughly enjoying this forum.
    It is hard to find just doing basic searches, but I did find this:
    http://texas-furry.livejournal.com/78225.html

According to greenreaper you need to go to Lone Star Forums, which seems to be this site: https://www.lonestarfurs.org/viewforum.php?f=39
    And register to get the most current info on Furmeets. As you can see from what greenreaper posted back in 2013 there was a lot of Meets going on.

Let me know if that helps!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Coywolf View Post
    Hello Mei, It's great to meet ya too.

I actually moved to TX from SoCal when I turned 18. I really love Texas and I would not move anywhere else. NorCal is always a great place to visit though as I still have family out that way along the California/Nevada border.

I don't really have a furry character. I am kinda working on one if anything to at least have as my avatar/profile pic thing that shows every time I post. Would need to commission someone to make it though as I have 0 drawing ability.

As far as music goes I enjoy almost anything except rap/hip hop(there exceptional subgenres though such as cut & paste and instrumental), pop country(love older country though), and whatever category of music the Miley Cyruss and Lady Gagas of music fit into. Mostly though I find myself listening to 80's post-punk(Echo and The Bunnymen/ Siouxsie and The Banshees), western styled folk rock (Murder by Death/ The Builders & The Butchers), and Shoegazer rock (Lush/ Twilight Sad/ Asobi Seksu). I have my days though and will play anything from Ritchie Valens, to B.B. King, to Elvis, to Techno/Trance etc. etc. etc.

Oh one more type I can't stand is music where they scream all the time. A scream can ocassionaly be a good part of the song, but if I can't understand the what they're singing about it just kills it for me.

Sorry that was a bit long winded, But once again it is quite nice to meet you.
    Oh, cool!! Where did u live before? Im currently in grass valley, about 60 miles northeast of sacramento... somethig like that :p

Thats an awesome variety of music!! EDM is my favorite, encompassing many subgenres. I also love classical, alternative, pop, rock, rap.... pretty much everything except for scream and country :p

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Oh, cool!! Where did u live before? Im currently in grass valley, about 60 miles northeast of sacramento... somethig like that :p

Thats an awesome variety of music!! EDM is my favorite, encompassing many subgenres. I also love classical, alternative, pop, rock, rap.... pretty much everything except for scream and country :p
    I grew up kind of all over Orange County, but the mountains and the ocean are really the only things I miss about the place. Classical music is pretty awesome. I have the classical station on my speakers at work quite a bit(much to the dismay of my coworkers), but for some reason I can never differentiate between composers so I could not tell you who I like.

I like the small Norcal towns like Grass Valley. It's actually not too far from my father's place in Gardnerville,Nevada or my grandmother's just south of that back across the state line. I really like that whole area.