Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A

Hi Y'all. Completely new to the fandom, and forums

Hello,
    My name is Cory.I'm 25 and live somewhere NE of Dallas. I've been interested in anthro art for a little while now and decided to join this forum though I know little to nothing of the actual fandom, or forums, or computers for that matter... So if I fubar doing something on here, please let me know so I can avoid remaking the same mistakes.

I am joining in the hopes of making new friends, both online and in real life. I'm generally laid back and mildly goofy with close friends, but I know I can stay rather reserved with new people 'till I get to know them, but I digress. Listening to music (especially vinyl records) is probably my greatest joy and I could not stand a day without doing so. Other than that I enjoy books, my dogs, the outdoors and good beer (stouts & porters)

Nice to meet Y'all.
    Last edited by TX Coywolf; 09-01-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Hey Coywolf! New to the fandom too eh? Well, I'm protective of my fellow Texas furs so I'll inform you about whatever you need to know. I'm all up for making new friends too. Feel free to add me on Skype. I'm catterhatter on there.

Anywho, welcome to Weasyl and it's forums! I'm just your average cyclops mutant satyr, Vic or Vici. On Furaffinity I go by Catter the bobcat or Deslucin the caracal with a dragon tail. There's lots of cool people here, and there has been a huge influx of new members... mostly from other sites like FA or DA. No one's going to jump on your here if you flub or fubar. Not from what I have seen. So ask what questions you feel the need to, relax, and have fun here. This is a good place.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Awesome, nice to meet you viciviser. I don't have a skype account, sorry. When I said I know little to nothing of computers, I really meant I don't own one. They just never really interested me. I prefer mechanical stuff over electronics as cool as they are. Anyway am doin' all this on a tablet I got as a gift. I think it has skype on it. If I find it I will let you know. Thanks.

Oh I don't mind people jumping on me for a flub. I just personally don't like doing the same mistake twice if it's avoidable.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Welcome to Weasyl, Tx

Weasyl
    maugryph
    Howdy

Weasyl
    Kai
    Welcome! I can definitely relate regarding your stance on computers. I didn't have one until 2009, and only replaced it this year because my friend (who owns a computer store) got the heebie-jeebies whenever he saw my machine loading a Youtube video XD

I'm a wolf from western Canada =) I like drawing, watching cartoons, and eating food.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Howdy Kaii. Glad to know there other people that are not tech savvy on here.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Coywolf View Post
    Awesome, nice to meet you viciviser. I don't have a skype account, sorry. When I said I know little to nothing of computers, I really meant I don't own one. They just never really interested me. I prefer mechanical stuff over electronics as cool as they are. Anyway am doin' all this on a tablet I got as a gift. I think it has skype on it. If I find it I will let you know. Thanks.

Oh I don't mind people jumping on me for a flub. I just personally don't like doing the same mistake twice if it's avoidable.
    Okay, no problem. So far do you feel like you're getting the hang of things here? I can offer suggestions if you need any help.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Yeah. Navigation on here is pretty easy and straightforward. It's all the little things like posting pictures and what not that will take me time to learn. I did however, get skype installed on this thing so when I get some free time I'll get an account set up and give it a go.

There is one thing you could maybe help me with though. I would like to find a list of meets in the DFW/ North Texas area. Was wonderin' if you knew where a site or forum where there is a list? As much as I like meeting people on here, there just is no true substitute for meeting someone face to face. I like to shake people hands and put a face to the name, even if it's an online screen name. Don't get me wrong though, I am thoroughly enjoying this forum.
    Last edited by TX Coywolf; 09-04-2015 at 10:47 AM. Reason: spellin' error

Weasyl
    N/A
    Welcome, TX! Nice to meet you ~.^ its always nice to see such a friendly intro. I wish i could help with the whole local furs thing... let me know if you ever move to CA :3

Oh, intro.. I'm Mei, 27/female arctic wolf/northern california. I enjoy music, furry art, some gaming and anything outdoorsy.

What kind of music do you like?
    Last edited by Mei; 09-04-2015 at 11:27 AM.