Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Don't have to FAF like a refugee!

Apologies to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Hi, I'm Ariel, and I'm here pretty much as a refugee from, uh, more infamous forums.

:3

- - - Updated - - -

Well, crap. I don't have a lot to say, but I need to say something to fill out a post to at least the minimum that's required to avoid looking like a spambot trapped in the purgatory of restricted access until posting enough. Anyway, yeah, I'm the same ArielMT on Fur Affinity Forums, and I'm here to avoid having all my eggs in one basket.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Hi Ariel! I think I recognize you from back when I was still on FAF myself. (I don't think we ever talked, I just remember seeing you around. ^^; ) Nice to see another familiar face here! Welcome to the Weasyl forums.

Same, and thanks for the welcome. :3

Saw the title and my mind started going like Don't Be A Refugee To Weasyl While You're Shitpostin' In FurAffinity Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    Saw the title and my mind started going like Don't Be A Refugee To Weasyl While You're Shitpostin' In FurAffinity Forums.
    I have no idea how "Don't Be a Menace" fell off my to-watch list.

Welcome to Weasyl! Just a while ago all the refugees were coming from DeviantArt! Now it seems they're coming from FAF! Exactly what's going on there if I may ask?

It's good to see another member here! This place seems to be growing pretty quickly! I'm sure you'll feel just at home!

Weasyl
    Ahkrin Descol
    Welcome to the light side, sadly we don't have cookies, but at least we don't lie about having them in the first place ^_^

@Acclivius Don't know about DA but FAF had a spout of managerial misjudgment and the mods didn't want any of it. With no mods to regulate things people decided seeing as mummy and daddy weren't home they should trash the place. It's on the up again ever so slowly, but most people have had enough, hence the mass migration.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Sadly I can't find who the avatar's by, it's somewhere in the murky land that is DeviantArt.

Tom Petty song? Totally dig it! Welcome aboard.

Left FAF years ago myself. Got tired of PM'ing newbs and telling them there are better forms out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkrin Descol View Post
    Welcome to the light side, sadly we don't have cookies, but at least we don't lie about having them in the first place ^_^
    No cookies?? That's it, I'm out of here! Bye, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkrin Descol View Post
    @Acclivius Don't know about DA but FAF had a spout of managerial misjudgment and the mods didn't want any of it. With no mods to regulate things people decided seeing as mummy and daddy weren't home they should trash the place. It's on the up again ever so slowly, but most people have had enough, hence the mass migration.
    Believe it or not, nearly all the trashing was in protest of the leadership that compelled the mods to step down. Now that there's at least one definite future besides anarchy and abandonment or total shutdown, it's in the post-revolutionary celebration phase. Also, the spout of mismanagement is more like a fountain.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Well howdy! Long time no see.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.