Combining sport and bad health!

Hi!

I didn't see a topic on this matter so I figured I'd make one!
    Anyone trying to build condition? Start a new sport or sporting with health issues?

I myself have been trying for the last 3 years. The reason I fail is simple; I have several serious health issues.

So if anyone has tips or experiences to share?

I used to go horseback riding but it's expensive and worsened one of my conditions.
    In the hospital they made me do fitness (for my muscles) and I discovered I find fitness REALLY boring.
    I tried badminton but I'm really more of a tennis player (and no accommodations so tennis fell of the list)
    Swimming I love doing but it's so boring to swim alone. And I did look in joining a club but the hours aren't fitting. I need to take breaks very often too, not ideal for a club
    I'm currently trying jogging, not the biggest fan of it. But my dog loves it.
    I'm also trying to do some yoga and Pilates. It's very advised for people with my specific issues, haven't gotten far yet

My issues are chronic, so I'll never lose them. So I try to sport anyway
    I'm currently considering a personal trainer. Anyone tried this before?

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    No, and I can't say I have any chronic issues. If you want to jog and walk though sometimes is best to take it a step further and hike. Find some nice woods with a trail or a path up some hills. Hiking is different than just jogging. The scenic routes have more to interact with and it's easy to get caught up in the beauty of what's around you to the point that it's not boring anymore. : p

Also, I would advise fitting a routine massage once a week into dealing with pains. A deep tissue massage therapist specifically. It can make a huge difference for chronic pains. So if you go the route of a personal trainer ask if they or someone they know offer massage as well.

Hiking isn't an option, I live in a country where forests and other pretty nature can be found in the country next door. We pretty much chopped them all down.

I've been seeing massage therapist for .. 6 or 7 years now? What I need is twice a week but I can't afford it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxie View Post
    Hiking isn't an option, I live in a country where forests and other pretty nature can be found in the country next door. We pretty much chopped them all down.

I've been seeing massage therapist for .. 6 or 7 years now? What I need is twice a week but I can't afford it.
    Also... Anything with hills is too hard for me. I appreciate you trying to help, but I'm not American or Canadian so nature is hard to find. Having to drive for hours would exhaust me, and takes away the point of exercising.