Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikazuki Marazhu View Post
    I'm very sad for whatever reason that FA and FaF are splitting. For me FaF is a haven for people who isnt brain dead, sucking on each others cock.
    I often recommend people to try out FaF but now I simply cannot do that anymore. If they decide to change the forum name that's really the end for me. -shrug-
    Why does a namechange impact whether or not you want to stay involved in a community?

Is it really that big of a deal?
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I'm very sad for whatever reason that FA and FaF are splitting. For me FaF is a haven for people who isnt brain dead, sucking on each others cock.
    I often recommend people to try out FaF but now I simply cannot do that anymore. If they decide to change the forum name that's really the end for me. -shrug-
    Well at least I have new victims here in weasyl to corrupt. I hope we'll get along just fine >=3
    .................................................. .................................................. ..................

Can I have cookies?
    What if it was changed to be able to be abbreviated as something such as; "FAP"

Also take all the cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Why does a namechange impact whether or not you want to stay involved in a community?

Is it really that big of a deal?
    Well perhaps I'm just too attached to it. Or maybe I still want it a part of Fa.

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    It doesn't mean too much to me whether or not the forum splits from FA mainsite, however I would like to see it intact. I used to have a lot of fun back there between the years of 2011 and 2013. In recent times my life took a few turns and I lost touch, but I hope never to drift too far from places like this. I'm starting to get slightly attached to some of you schmucks, both here and over there. :v

I guess it's just some sentimental thing, I'd be sad to see the site just disappear, even if it was the best thing for it.
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

The thing of it is, FA and FAF always were two separate entities in virtually every way that matters. I, personally, always thought it was utterly retarded to let that dictate every single thing about the way they operate in tandem as functionally two sides of one community. Why, when there is so much overlap in userbase and governance, to the point mods and admins from one are frequently also mods and admins of the other, there should be this obsessive distinction between the two, is beyond me. But the FAF forums, whatever they will be called, are now it seems beyond FA. So the fuck be it.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Or maybe I still want it a part of Fa.
    FA's piss-poor management practices are what drove the forum's owner to break away from the mainsite, to begin with.

If anything, this will just improve FAF.
    Especially considering that Neer just wanted to completely wipe the community, before he was bargained with. It would have disappeared entirely if it had stuck with FA.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Going through this thread, I'm surprised at how many usernames/avatars/sigs I recognize. I guess the mass exodus of 2012 moved everyone who left here.

Quote Originally Posted by Toraneko View Post
    Going through this thread, I'm surprised at how many usernames/avatars/sigs I recognize. I guess the mass exodus of 2012 moved everyone who left here.
    We'll see. This place gets a bit of a spike in activity any time some shit pops off on FAF but then once it's smoothed over or people just forget the issue(s) it receeds back to ghost town levels which is almost the case as it is. But heaven help anyone who thinks there hasn't been a permanent attitude adjustment for a huge chunk of that overall userbase. Let's just say the past few months forced a lot of us to do a lot of growing up real fast, for several reasons you just can't beat with mental gymnastics the way Neer and co. do with their various moral failings. Everything going on with the site, or at least the catalyst that set everything off actually came right after that. I genuinely believe these two sets of events, if not directly related, have played on each other and spun one another into the tornado you see now. Basically we always thought we had a "take no shit" attitude but now we really, really fucking take no shit because taking shit means taking a loss, and we have taken enough losses to last us several lifetimes by now.

Really, this is damn near a kind of Year Zero for the fandom. You may as well be resetting time. Which is ironic because Neer was ready to wipe the forums, and all its history, to reset/bide time for him.

Boy I never thought I'd see a DC/New 52 reference here, of all places.

Ohey! Taralack! I didn't know you also had a Weasyl-account?
    As for FAF... the domain-move is pretty much certain, no? To something at corvidae.org, if I read it correctly.