Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast
    Weasyl
    smelge
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmor View Post
    The old temporary ban would just revoke posting privileges, and a perma would revoke access to the site altogether FOR THAT ACCOUNT ONLY. I was trying to do the latter.

I made a post here - https://phoenix.corvidae.org/topic/2...and-bans-work/
    Someone will need to actually make up some rules, and possibly set up a way for people to appeal. Most forum software lets you set up priveleges to certain forums, so appeals could be as easy as having a forum only viisble to people with warnings or banned that they can talk in. Otherwise it's just BANNED.

As for rules, FAF used to have a no secondary accounts thing. You have no ruleset that I've seen, so if I was to try and sign up with a non-parody account, I don't know if I'd end up with a legitimate ip ban for circumventing a ban. These are kind of important things.

And while on that note, apparently warnings stack up because I just got another warning notice from the forum follwed by an IP ban again.

Also also, when you do the indefinate posting ban thing, users can still log in to and edit their accounts, they just can't post or PM people.
    Last edited by smelge; 09-26-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smelge View Post
    Someone will need to actually make up some rules, and possibly set up a way for people to appeal. Most forum software lets you set up priveleges to certain forums, so appeals could be as easy as having a forum only viisble to people with warnings or banned that they can talk in. Otherwise it's just BANNED.
    I've poked carenath about this.

As for rules, FAF used to have a no secondary accounts thing. You have no ruleset that I've seen, so if I was to try and sign up with a non-parody account, I don't know if I'd end up with a legitimate ip ban for circumventing a ban. These are kind of important things.
    No. We've already agreed to give you a 1 point warning on your legitimate account once/if you make it.

And while on that note, apparently warnings stack up because I just got another warning notice from the forum follwed by an IP ban again.
    Seems like that's the case (the guy that was testing the coventry ban skype messaged me about the same thing). But I don't see the stacked warnings on your profile or the modCP.

Also also, when you do the indefinate posting ban thing, users can still log in to and edit their accounts, they just can't post or PM people.
    Alright, good to know. Looking at a different method to deal with ban appeals.

Weasyl
    smelge
    Alright, good to know. Looking at a different method to deal with ban appeals.
    The obvious one is to alter the ban message that goes to the users email with an appeals email address.

I would message you this shit from a real account, but it's still ip banned.
    Last edited by smelge; 09-26-2015 at 01:32 PM.

I would message you this shit from a real account, but it's still ip banned.
    It shouldn't be. The impersonation account just has its posting privileges removed

Weasyl
    smelge
    It shouldn't be. The impersonation account just has its posting privileges removed
    Nope, logged out of the dragoneer account and threw me into the " Sorry, there is a problem
    You are banned from this site.

Error code: 2S160/4 " message.

Murdering cookies worked.
    Last edited by smelge; 09-26-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Weasyl
    Dvir
    So, apparently registering with the new forum as Dragoneer results in an IP ban.

Who knew?

Also, on the assumption someone on the modteam there glances over this thread, just in case you are unaware, banning a user indefinately does send out an automated email, but there is no appeals process that can be made if someone gets all trigger-happy, or a user wants to contest a possible ban. Also, the ban IP blocks the person from the site completely, also making it impossible to appeal.

If you want to avoid the whole FA lack of transparency thing, you might want to put something in place for that.
    Try a VPN Service.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    it's definitely a different atmosphere than here.
    You bet your furry butt it is!

We're so cultured and diverse while being none of that all at the same time.

The point is: sometimes it's okay to watch a trainwreck and not feel bad about it. :3
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

Weasyl
    Dvir
    apparently FA is down again, I honestly hadn't noticed until someone mentioned it...

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I can't wait to shitpost on yet another good website.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    I can't wait to shitpost on yet another good website.
    Implying that any forum that houses Furries is any good in the first place.
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!