Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rbartrop View Post
    I only found out this morning about the issues to FAF, which shows just how much attention I pay to them. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a commercial site has decided forums are more trouble than they're worth, and it looks like more companies are deciding feedback isn't really that important to them

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-33963436
    Yeah, when I first started noticing this trend, about the same time the media did and they were wondering aloud why, I reasoned maybe because they gave you guys like 10 years to use every site on the planet as your personal sounding board and not one of you managed to say anything of worth or interest? Companies are kinda like audiences in their own right, they get bored the fuck of stupid, pointless attempts at growing and being challenged if all that comes of it is headaches, confusion, and wondering what the hell you spent all that money for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphoneer View Post
    Welp, and that's fucking that. Goodnight, sweet prince.

If this doesn't mean FAF getting nuked from orbit, should it come back we can expect the place to be sanitized to hell and back, patrolled by jackbooted guard dogs handpicked by Chase or co.
    Again, this actually seems to put Chase and co out of the FAF picture entirely. This is the one time you might could have a reason to try to be optimistic.

Weasyl
    DevilishlyHandsome49
    So, looks like the site is back up

Quicker than I thought. And to think, I made this account thinking it would take forever :p

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    Attention passengers, it seems that the hype train is on full steam towards our destination. Look at the site leaders. (Edit)
    Last edited by Sarukai; 08-30-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Weasyl
    maugryph
    "We're in talks with FA management and are trying to come to an amicable solution. If we don't come to a solution that we feel is in the best interests of the community (many of you voiced your opinions in Carenath's thread especially) then we will proceed with becoming our own independent entity. We'll keep you updated." - Mentova

https://forums.furaffinity.net/threa...90#post5457390

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Chase and Dragoneer appear to no longer have any authority on the forums. So I can behave now. That was literally all I wanted.
    What is left in life after this for you? You were literally born with the passion for this to happen.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Chase and Dragoneer appear to no longer have any authority on the forums. So I can behave now. That was literally all I wanted.
    Same though.

I'm still all about the independence party.
    There's a strong enough userbase already on FAF that it's not a matter of "dying without new members." It's not a new forum. It already has enough members to stay afloat, should they continue to post.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Word of mouth keeps a lot of shit going past what you'd think is its prime, never forget that.

Weasyl
    Sarukai

Hot damn, that's a surprise alright!

Good news all around; Piche should have no trumps left, he claims no ownership of forum hardware or domains. If Car and the others play their cards right, there appears to be nothing in the way of a clean breakaway.

Weasyl
    N/A