Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    add "/index.php" and it should work

Weasyl
    oly
    Soooo if the data from the old forum is gone and presumably most of the userbase expect the most die-hard regulars is gone with it...

what's the point even? :?

I'm not just trying to be a dick or a downer, I really don't get it. Is it just basically to spite FA and say "look, we're gonna do this anyway just to show you you're assholes?"

Because without content and/or an existing community, or a site attached to it to draw people in, I don't see what reason anyone has to really go there...?

Weasyl
    ChaosCalix
    Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    Soooo if the data from the old forum is gone and presumably most of the userbase expect the most die-hard regulars is gone with it...

what's the point even? :?

I'm not just trying to be a dick or a downer, I really don't get it. Is it just basically to spite FA and say "look, we're gonna do this anyway just to show you you're assholes?"

Because without content and/or an existing community, or a site attached to it to draw people in, I don't see what reason anyone has to really go there...?
    You can say that, and I don't blame you, but... considering it's already actually kind of thriving, I'm assuming some people HAVE found a reason. If I can find one of my comments, I can give you my own reason for posting on it.

I never joined FAF because of the first two letters, so being a separate thing actually made it kind of interesting for the first time, with or without old posts.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Oly, it looks like there's already an active existing community at PF's. It's good to think of this in positive terms, that the FAF members are so close and united that they're able to start fresh without issue. I've made an account there to mostly watch (hopefully contribute when I feel a bit more comfortable), it's definitely a different atmosphere than here.

Weasyl
    smelge
    So, apparently registering with the new forum as Dragoneer results in an IP ban.

Who knew?

Also, on the assumption someone on the modteam there glances over this thread, just in case you are unaware, banning a user indefinately does send out an automated email, but there is no appeals process that can be made if someone gets all trigger-happy, or a user wants to contest a possible ban. Also, the ban IP blocks the person from the site completely, also making it impossible to appeal.

If you want to avoid the whole FA lack of transparency thing, you might want to put something in place for that.
    Last edited by smelge; 09-26-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smelge View Post
    So, apparently registering with the new forum as Dragoneer results in an IP ban.

Who knew?

Also, on the assumption someone on the modteam there glances over this thread, just in case you are unaware, banning a user indefinately does send out an automated email, but there is no appeals process that can be made if someone gets all trigger-happy, or a user wants to contest a possible ban. Also, the ban IP blocks the person from the site completely, also making it impossible to appeal.

If you want to avoid the whole FA lack of transparency thing, you might want to put something in place for that.
    It's new forum software, we're still getting to grips with it. I had no idea the option to "revoke user access to the site" would completely IP ban people. It says nothing in the modCP that this is the case.

Weasyl
    smelge
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmor View Post
    It's new forum software, we're still getting to grips with it. I had no idea the option to "revoke user access to the site" would completely IP ban people. It says nothing in the modCP that this is the case.
    Yeah, thats why I asked Gibby to pass that on to you. Though I'm not entirely sure what else "Revoke user access to the site" would mean.

Quote Originally Posted by smelge View Post
    Yeah, thats why I asked Gibby to pass that on to you. Though I'm not entirely sure what else "Revoke user access to the site" would mean.
    The old temporary ban would just revoke posting privileges, and a perma would revoke access to the site altogether FOR THAT ACCOUNT ONLY. I was trying to do the latter.

I made a post here - https://phoenix.corvidae.org/topic/2...and-bans-work/

Less than a week old with almost 4K posts? I don't think you'll have to much time to worry about a lack of history. Most new forums struggle to get than much input in a year.

There are three truths to every man. How he see's himself. How other's see him. And how he really is. Why listen to what other's think of you? Their not even half right.