Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    WOW! A whole 50 users!

WEASYL IS SAAAAVED!
    And just to think, it only started off with 1.
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

Weasyl
    Zop
    I dunno, with furry it's a delicate balance. The ratio of "Shitposters that make you laugh" to "shitposters that make you roll your eyes" is about 1 in a million atm.

There are people who still think :V makes their post instantly funny.
    :V

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Zop View Post
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    N/A
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Don't see that as a problem considering Weasyl is still gunning to be a general art site. If anything FA closing down would seal Weasyl's fate.
    Oh, definitely.
    I'm just trying to explain why Phoenix going down won't suddenly make Weasyl triple in terms of activity.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    BTW, Pachi: It's aNSitru. :cccc
    (Though I probably should have picked an easier name as everyone keeps misspelling it, haha).
    Your name was Ansitru this whole time, and not Anistru?! whaaaa my mind is blown... Now I feel silly.

Anywho -

Honestly, I don't really see the point in FAF coming back anymore either.
    If it's for customers, well, they're probably gone by now anyway. Why would they be interested in a forum that no longer works?
    Also, if the forums were remade from scratch, it has even less chances of gaining a buyer/seller base than Weasyl does.

Don't get me wrong - FAF was great and all, but... there's really no reason for it to return other than "because nostalgia".
    Rose-coloured glasses don't do a whole lot. Other than make people reluctant to move on, and embrace newer things that are probably just out-right better.

As for strict mods... They seem fine to me. They've let people whinge about FAF and shitpost a bit the past week without issues, right? From my experience, Weasyl mods just won't tolerate it when someone is simply being a dick.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    And just to think, it only started off with 1.
    No comment.

Regardless, FAF sort of lost its use with the split, imo. It served as a stable stomping ground in which we could effectively and openly bitch slap neer when he'd drop the ball. Other than nostolgia, I'm clueless as to what made FAF unique over WF in term of userbase content.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Regardless, FAF sort of lost its use with the split, imo. It served as a stable stomping ground in which we could effectively and openly bitch slap neer when he'd drop the ball. Other than nostolgia, I'm clueless as to what made FAF unique over WF in term of userbase content.

Benefits of FAF; Can shitpost but still up your post count and increase the size of one's genitals.
    As well as the "This" system, so you can put your newfound and enhanced manhood to the test, and circle-jerk with your buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Your name was Ansitru this whole time, and not Anistru?! whaaaa my mind is blown... Now I feel silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I remember when I called Wolf Bone Wolf Bane when I first met him. He was so hurt. I hate messing up names like that. Pardon. ;w;
    No worries! I seem to always pick out the names that get spelled wrong. You don't even want to know what people have misspelled "Hardrockangel" as. D:

And yeah, Hewge does have a point I think. Whatever good userbase there was on FAF for commissions, Neer made sure to stomp it into the ground, burn it and then salt the earth by making sure the forums were inaccessible during the critical transitioning period. Which (imo) further drives home the point that Neer is pretty much a petulant, petty toddler who would happily take income away from artists as long as he gets his 'revenge'.

It's a shame, but it is what it is. You guys will just have to put up with me advertising my pixels here. A lot. :>

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Well that sucks, I just returned to the forums after a 5 year hiatus. I will go and join the new forum but it sucks it will be a new forum with none of the old posts and data.