Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 414
  1. #191
    Regular Zerig's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    Fuck the other forum, this is everything it should've been and more. And since pretty much everyone from there is here now what's the point in going back? Nostalgic value?
    but this forum is pretty shit tbh

    mods are too strict

    can't even say GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW 14/88 DON'T BAN ME BRO

  2. #192
    Regular Mr Fox's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerig View Post
    but this forum is pretty shit tbh

    mods are too strict

    can't even say GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW 14/88 DON'T BAN ME BRO
    How bad is it when the mod staff don't allow racial hatred and shitposting, shame on them! Muh freedom! >:V
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

  3. #193
    Regular Zerig's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    How bad is it when the mod staff don't allow racial hatred and shitposting, shame on them! Muh freedom! >:V
    FAF culture is distinct and requires it's own forum to prosper in

    and shitposting is an honored tradition of that culture

    we cannot exist on this forum, multiculturalism is death

  4. #194
    Senior Butterflygoddess's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fuckinham palace
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerig View Post
    FAF culture is distinct and requires it's own forum to prosper in

    and shitposting is an honored tradition of that culture

    we cannot exist on this forum, multiculturalism is death
    Be strong my brother.

    *supportive fist gesture*

  5. #195
    Sad panda is sad

  6. #196
    Regular Mr Fox's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerig View Post
    FAF culture is distinct and requires it's own forum to prosper in

    and shitposting is an honored tradition of that culture

    we cannot exist on this forum, multiculturalism is death
    I'll admit that Phoenix Corvidae did have it's own unique flair to it, but I doubt a change in moderation would make this forum better or resemble it in any way.

    Nah, we're creatures of habit and I think this is just nostalgia we're talking about here and are going through the motions of withdrawal.

    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    That's putting a narrow spin on things. Anistru made a very valid point early on in that the forums were an excellent source of commission clientele for her. This was backed by another user who like her had also just opened up for business only to be abruptly shut down. Weasyl forums does not have this level of traffic yet.
    Which is all the more reason why it should stay down. Would it be better to have more places to fracture the community, or have less and bring it together? More and diversity is not always a good thing, eventually traffic will pick up here so it'll solve that problem.
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

  7. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    Which is all the more reason why it should stay down. Would it be better to have more places to fracture the community, or have less and bring it together? More and diversity is not always a good thing, eventually traffic will pick up here so it'll solve that problem.
    Yeah no. People who now see Phoenix Forums are down aren't magically going to find Weasyl and start posting their commissions here. Chances are they'll stay on FA and seeing as browsing journals is (as far as I know) non-existent, the people who liked to check those threads to get commissions are essentially fucked.

    Btw, Pachi: It's aNSitru. :cccc
    (Though I probably should have picked an easier name as everyone keeps misspelling it, haha).

    Also, while I have been critical of the forum-culture on FAF in the past (and lord knows I contributed to it enough while I was a teenaged little shite), I find the statement that the culture there sucked compared to Weasyl, coming from someone who actively shitposted on there, thus contributing to that culture, more than a little hypocritical. But, y'know. That's just me.

    I've criticized the culture, but I've tried to stop contributing to it. I put my money where my mouth is, y'know?

  8. #198
    Senior Zeitzbach's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Not here, obv.
    Posts
    1,012
    This place is too politically control because if it isn't American kind of correct and controled, it's bad.

    I really want too call a bunch of people around here and ask if they have Autism but I can't do that without getting warned. I can do that on FA though when they rant like a whiny little bitch with vagina on fire.

  9. #199
    Regular Mr Fox's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Yeah no. People who now see Phoenix Forums are down aren't magically going to find Weasyl and start posting their commissions here. Chances are they'll stay on FA and seeing as browsing journals is (as far as I know) non-existent, the people who liked to check those threads to get commissions are essentially fucked.
    That argument is based on the premise that those people are unaware of Weasyl, which we don't know to be true. They just follow where the most traffic is but what happens when FA goes down too? They have to make use of the alternatives if they want commissions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Also, while I have been critical of the forum-culture on FAF in the past (and lord knows I contributed to it enough while I was a teenaged little shite), I find the statement that the culture there sucked compared to Weasyl, coming from someone who actively shitposted on there, thus contributing to that culture, more than a little hypocritical. But, y'know. That's just me.

    I've criticized the culture, but I've tried to stop contributing to it. I put my money where my mouth is, y'know?
    I was just doing what the cool kids were doing. Plus my shit posting really took off during the split so... Anarchy with purpose and a positive outcome is what I like to call it, and it did help with the split.
    Last edited by Mr Fox; 09-23-2015 at 03:23 PM.
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

  10. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    That argument is based on the premise that those people are unaware of Weasyl, which we don't know to be true.

    I was just doing what the cool kids were doing. Plus my shit posting really took off during the split so... Anarchy with with purpose is what I like to call it, and it did help with the split.
    No, you're right. Most people do know about Weasyl and actively choose not to use it because the community is too small. Same problem in the end: the artists are fucked.

    As for the last bit... Being sincere here, not angry or anything: be your own person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    This place is too politically control because if it isn't American kind of correct and controled, it's bad.

    I really want too call a bunch of people around here and ask if they have Autism but I can't do that without getting warned. I can do that on FA though when they rant like a whiny little bitch with vagina on fire.
    And y'know what, this grinds my gears. Just because someone behaves undesirably does not mean they have a mental illness. Believe it or not, people can be shitheads without being mentally ill! Whodathunk!
    Last edited by Hardrockangel; 09-23-2015 at 03:23 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •