Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Namba View Post
    Why would you want your profile misplaced?
    Because any contributions I made, helpful or not, should NOT benefit FA after this whole ordeal. If they want to resurrect the forums, fine. But I do NOT want to be a defacto member of a sanitized doublespeak-forum.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #353

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmor View Post
    It's true, although Sciggles was the one that mentioned it the most.
    I only point it out in light of his tweet where he said he never wanted to nuke the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Because any contributions I made, helpful or not, should NOT benefit FA after this whole ordeal. If they want to resurrect the forums, fine. But I do NOT want to be a defacto member of a sanitized doublespeak-forum.
    This, pretty much. FAF was tolerable as an arms'-length operation, and I had hopes it would improve after separating entirely. But it being hosted on FA proper, with all former staff replaced by people chosen by Chase, will make it something I do not want to be a part of or have made any contribution towards.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Calemeyr
    You know, I almost welcome FA hackers now. I almost want FA to have server failure and data to be lost.

What the hell is wrong with this fandom sometimes? It's all about cliques and drama and power trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    You know, I almost welcome FA hackers now. I almost want FA to have server failure and data to be lost.

What the hell is wrong with this fandom sometimes? It's all about cliques and drama and power trips.
    It's the same thing that happens in society. The people in power are in power for too long, and don't admit that they need to step aside and let new blood run things.
    WE'RE RED, YOU'RE DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

You've probably heard the quote "Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."?

The stakes are so very much lower in fannish politics.

Ah... how oblivious people from FA are. [White knighting intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazuki Marazhu View Post
    Ah... how oblivious people from FA are. [White knighting intensifies]
    Basically
    WE'RE RED, YOU'RE DEAD

Weasyl
    traficalshours
    I'm actually rather upset over the loss of the forums, I get that FA is in a bad place, but the mainstream site is often hard to get a decent following on, and I've always been a small time artist. If I wanted to take on a few commissions I posted on the forums. Now that they are down, and all this crud is happening I'm a little discouraged.

I do think that someone new needs to be in charge, but that chances of that ever happening are so slim I just don't think it will. As for the idea of them putting the forums back up...considering FA's track record of updates we can expect that sometime after next year right?

Weasyl
    DevilishlyHandsome49