Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kelliegator View Post
    I'm glad to hear Phoenix might come back but, well... am I the only one who was kinda bothered by all the xenophobia, Hitler fetishism and constant whining about them JEWS SJWs? I hope the forums can return in a slightly more civil form.

Or maybe that's just me.
    Not just you.

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    I'm glad to hear Phoenix might come back but, well... am I the only one who was kinda bothered by all the xenophobia, Hitler fetishism and constant whining about them JEWS SJWs? I hope the forums can return in a slightly more civil form.

Or maybe that's just me.
    No, those threads pissed me off as well for being pointless even for that place. I ignored them since posting in them would only serve to feed them and frustrate me.
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

Weasyl
    ChaosCalix

Or maybe that's just me.
    Yeah, as others have said, definitely not just you.

I will be waiting a little while before joining the forums when it rises from the ashes, to see what atmosphere they set. With proper moderation.... We'll see. There's a reason I never joined the original forums. If history repeats, I'll just keep pretending they're dead, frankly.

Weasyl
    smelge
    If they have to make a new forum from scratch, there's pretty much no point in bothering.

There's going to be only a few members, with no way to encourage more people in. It's not connected to a site and at least with the old place you had over a decade of archived stuff to look at or reference or whatever. Starting fresh, there's nothing to differentiate it from the hundreds of other furry forums out there other than it has the FAF refugees, and that's not enough to attract more users.

The art threads will be gone, so all the useful stuff that was in there has been killed, there will be very few people looking to buy art, so there's no incentive for artists to join.

Face it, unless the old content can be brought back, Phoenix is dead.

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Quote Originally Posted by smelge View Post
    If they have to make a new forum from scratch, there's pretty much no point in bothering.

There's going to be only a few members, with no way to encourage more people in. It's not connected to a site and at least with the old place you had over a decade of archived stuff to look at or reference or whatever. Starting fresh, there's nothing to differentiate it from the hundreds of other furry forums out there other than it has the FAF refugees, and that's not enough to attract more users.

The art threads will be gone, so all the useful stuff that was in there has been killed, there will be very few people looking to buy art, so there's no incentive for artists to join.

So sad, but true.

It brought some great creativity out in people though. I liked seeing the potential new designs.

The more I think about it, the pissier I get, tbh.

There were hundreds of amazing art threads with resources linked by Arshes which I still referenced whenever I got in a jam or hit a wall. There were great threads that served as a good beware on commissioners who showed their true colors concerning their treatment of artists.

There were entire databases of resources and comments and helpful tips and tricks and tutorials and they're all gone because of one guy throwing a shitfit.

I just.

Nope.

Nope nope nope.

Quote Originally Posted by smelge View Post

If this ends up being the case then I'll probably just move on altogether. I'm not really furry enough to spend large amounts of time on furry sites and I was on FA exclusively for the community and if the forum has to be rebuilt from scratch they'll probably end up scattering.

It's disheartening that so much content will probably be lost, years of art threads and tutorials just gone. But I guess if it can't be salvaged we'll all just have to move on. It was good while it lasted.

Weasyl
    LazerMaster5
    Well, at least we have Weasyl. If things continue to die, we can still discuss things here.

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    According the FAtransparency twitter feed, we are expected to hear a respone from Dragoneer about the forum split at some point today. Either he's been pestered enough to comment on it (whack-a-critic style) or he's doing a victory lap in his own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    The more I think about it, the pissier I get, tbh.

There were hundreds of amazing art threads with resources linked by Arshes which I still referenced whenever I got in a jam or hit a wall. There were great threads that served as a good beware on commissioners who showed their true colors concerning their treatment of artists.

There were entire databases of resources and comments and helpful tips and tricks and tutorials and they're all gone because of one guy throwing a shitfit.

I just.

Nope.

Nope nope nope.
    You can still find snapshots of them in the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine at the old https://forums.furaffinity.net address. Go to https://archive.org/ and type/paste an address, or edit your address bar to prefix "web.archive.org/web/*/" before "http" to any URL. Click on a year and a date in the calendar below to see the snapshot.

For example, all the snapshots of the first page of the memorial thread for RedSavage and Milo: https://web.archive.org/web/*/https:...e!-We-love-you

Unfortunately, the Wayback Machine didn't archive any pages that I know of after the split and move to phoenix.corvidae.org.