Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 414
  1. #201
    Senior Zeitzbach's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Not here, obv.
    Posts
    1,012
    This is one big fucking bubble.

  2. #202
    Regular Mr Fox's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    No, you're right. Most people do know about Weasyl and actively choose not to use it because the community is too small. Same problem in the end: the artists are fucked.
    Your argument is still based on the premise that those people won't make use of Weasyl or another alternative for commissions if FA and the forums section goes down or stays down. So how are they fucked again? Traffic will be redirected to the next popular alternative from what I can tell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    This is one big fucking bubble.
    *pops* lookit the pretty colors! but careful, don't get any in your eyes. :I
    Last edited by Mr Fox; 09-23-2015 at 03:45 PM.
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    Your argument is still based on the premise that those people won't make use of Weasyl or another alternative for commissions if FA and the forums section goes down or stays down. So how are they fucked again? Traffic will be redirected to the next popular alternative from what I can tell.
    As long as mainsite FA is around, Weasyl won't pick up in speed. Dem's the breaks.

  4. #204
    Hmm. I'm not worried about mods being strict but I always felt Weasyl was a bit too slow and didn't have enough subforums. I really liked R&R and there's some other stuff, too.

    Weasyl feels so small in comparison, IMO.

  5. #205
    Regular Mr Fox's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    As long as mainsite FA is around, Weasyl won't pick up in speed. Dem's the breaks.
    But now that Phoenix Forums is down, it will and might even spill over to the main site. Of course, that's implying that Phoenix Forums stays down.
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

  6. #206
    Senior Vae's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the sky
    Gender
    Ludwig Von Koopa
    Posts
    1,697
    I just felt like FAF's / Phoenix's culture was more loose and relaxed than it is, here.

    I feel like the culture on Weasyl is more focused on serious discussion, and FAF was just to dick around for your own amusement without worrying too much about it.

    Both were useful for their own purposes.
    Resident Koopa Trash

  7. #207
    Senior DrunkCat's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    WA
    Gender
    OmniMale
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    As long as mainsite FA is around, Weasyl won't pick up in speed. Dem's the breaks.
    Don't see that as a problem considering Weasyl is still gunning to be a general art site. If anything FA closing down would seal Weasyl's fate.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

  8. #208
    Toshabi Pronouns Only Toshabi's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Gender
    Croc
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    But now that Phoenix Forums is down, it will and might even spill over to the main site. Of course, that's implying that Phoenix Forums stays down.
    WOW! A whole 50 users!

    WEASYL IS SAAAAVED!

  9. #209
    Personally I think the internet, especially the geek/nerd culture, is overflowing with communities that let "shitposting" be a thing. Weasyl doesn't need to be like that and there is seriously nothing wrong with it.

  10. #210
    Toshabi Pronouns Only Toshabi's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Gender
    Croc
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by dischimera View Post
    Personally I think the internet, especially the geek/nerd culture, is overflowing with communities that let "shitposting" be a thing. Weasyl doesn't need to be like that and there is seriously nothing wrong with it.
    I dunno, with furry it's a delicate balance. The ratio of "Shitposters that make you laugh" to "shitposters that make you roll your eyes" is about 1 in a million atm.

    There are people who still think :V makes their post instantly funny.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •