Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Dvir
    the forums have unbanned a few.

FA I haven't heard much about other than people getting banned/blocked for questioning/being critical of dragoneer.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Quote Originally Posted by ArielMT View Post
    I saw you post over there, so I'm guessing he's living up to at least some of that promise. That seems like an improvement over the former administration already.
    Thats a new account, my old one is still banned (been nearly 5 years going too). I mulled it over and decided to give Phoenix forums a try. I freely admit in the end of my former tenure at FAF I deserved to be chastised. I ended just giving up and crap posting. Come to think of it I believe the last post I made was to Aleu.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh Whitefang View Post
    Thats a new account, my old one is still banned (been nearly 5 years going too). I mulled it over and decided to give Phoenix forums a try. I freely admit in the end of my former tenure at FAF I deserved to be chastised. I ended just giving up and crap posting. Come to think of it I believe the last post I made was to Aleu.
    This is the problem I have with any kind of statement like that, especially when someone insists I adopt its message for myself. Give me one good, sensible reason why one should be "chastised" or the better term, ostracized for what amounts to saying some mean words in a bad game of lunch room politics on a platform where little to nothing actually matters? Even the ancient Greeks typically made people fuck off for like, 10 years then wiped the slate clean because shit changes and it changes people with it. You know, why prison isn't usually for life, or death. Applying such an Anarcho-Totalitarian element to something like the furry fandom is truly tragic in what a wasted opportunity it is and what it does to reinforce the notion of furries and people into fandom as a whole as barely functioning social rejects, otherwise known as the modern Peter Pan. You know why that world is only a children's story? Because everyone before this generation figured out how to differentiate between the Peter Panish cowboys and Indians games and the Hatfields and McCoys.

Dude, think about it, some jobs you get fired from are easier to get back than a spot at any and almost every seat at the fandom's many tables if you piss off the wrong wannabe mobster with a ban button and limited sexual aspirations.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    While I'm happy to see the forums leave FA, (and participated in the discussion during that interim) I won't be rejoining. I barely post anymore anyways even on this forum.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    This is the problem I have with any kind of statement like that, especially when someone insists I adopt its message for myself. Give me one good, sensible reason why one should be "chastised" or the better term, ostracized for what amounts to saying some mean words in a bad game of lunch room politics on a platform where little to nothing actually matters? Even the ancient Greeks typically made people fuck off for like, 10 years then wiped the slate clean because shit changes and it changes people with it. You know, why prison isn't usually for life, or death. Applying such an Anarcho-Totalitarian element to something like the furry fandom is truly tragic in what a wasted opportunity it is and what it does to reinforce the notion of furries and people into fandom as a whole as barely functioning social rejects, otherwise known as the modern Peter Pan. You know why that world is only a children's story? Because everyone before this generation figured out how to differentiate between the Peter Panish cowboys and Indians games and the Hatfields and McCoys.

Dude, think about it, some jobs you get fired from are easier to get back than a spot at any and almost every seat at the fandom's many tables if you piss off the wrong wannabe mobster with a ban button and limited sexual aspirations.

No Wolf-Bone, I fully admit in the end I deserved an infraction, but I went from a warning to banned with no in-between. Now perhaps that was because after seeing the huge bias that was going on in FAF regarding any kind of religious discussion I started reporting TOS violations when I was being reported against or chastised by the mods for having my own opinion on certain subjects. My ban reads Banned for spamming trouble tickets and being downright discriminatory. Read that as, not budging on my personal beliefs and my faith.

It was ironic because until the end I never intentionally attacked or insulted someone and I tried to be clear that, that wasn't my intention. But apparently having your own mind and beliefs in the fandom is wrong. Hopefully under new management intellectual discussions on philosophical topics and religion can happen without the threads turning into "lets bash anyone who has a different opinion than us". I'm not holding my breathe though.

Weasyl
    Namba
    Honestly, I miss what the place used to be. There were a lot of cool people when I first joined, then it just got worse... and worse... and worse.

But it's not just the forums... the furry fandom as a whole is becoming somewhat of a steaming pile... hence why I'm not overly active compared to how I was in the past. Until things change I have nothing to go back to even if the site does get put back up.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    You know, why prison isn't usually for life, or death.
    You have to live in prison.
    Prison literally affects your entire quality of life and well-being.

Dude, think about it, some jobs you get fired from are easier to get back
    Jobs are literally required to survive and maintain some sort of quality of living.

This is participation on some furry board, of which there are multiple. (It could be argued that you're on one right now.)
    Of course there's going to be more lenience on rule-breaking IRL. Rule-breaking IRL can completely destroy your life.

Quoting your own words for a sec.

on a platform where little to nothing actually matters?
    So why does being banned on it matter so much?
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    For people who were following the sexual assault that took place at Fur Affinity's own con FA United. Since it was mentioned during the time FAF was moving so posting it here.

Seems that someone was spiking the drinks and taking inappropriate photos. Sans the drunk/drink spiking a similar incident happened at a major con, Anime Expo to be specific. The con staff at AX immediately made a statement and handled it. FA, just stayed quiet.

https://forums.vivisector.org/index....53.msg9189#new

The fact that FA staff didn't make a statement about it, had much fewer attendees than one of the largest conventions in the US, and had fewer attendees than their previous con, now has a reputation of being unsafe as well. GG.
    Last edited by QT Melon; 09-17-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Weasyl
    Namba
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    For people who were following the sexual assault that took place at Fur Affinity's own con FA United. Since it was mentioned during the time FAF was moving so posting it here.

Seems that someone was spiking the drinks and taking inappropriate photos. Sans the drunk/drink spiking a similar incident happened at a major con, Anime Expo to be specific. The con staff at AX immediately made a statement and handled it. FA, just stayed quiet.

https://forums.vivisector.org/index....53.msg9189#new

The fact that FA staff didn't make a statement about it, had much fewer attendees than one of the largest conventions in the US, and had fewer attendees than their previous con, now has a reputation of being unsafe as well. GG.
    Holy shit, that's fucking insane. I usually here about the latest drama at cons, but this one seems to have slipped under the radar. FA did a pretty good job of keeping this under wraps it seems...

Weasyl
    N/A
    Isn't that the forum that has a section called Weasyl Wankfest?