Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    valycenegative
    I kinda lost track myself among the pages of that FAF thread, if I'm correct they were deciding how to announce the new domain to users?
    "I'll burn that bridge when I get to it." - A combination of "I'll cross that bridge when I get to it" and the old addage, "don't burn your bridges". Meaning that you haven't yet arrived at a life obstacle, but you're sure you'll mess it up when you do.

Commission info/pricelist

Quote Originally Posted by Taralack View Post
    Boy I never thought I'd see a DC/New 52 reference here, of all places.
    I don't get the reference but then I don't know what DC/New 52 refers to. A comic or something? But there was this old ass sci-fi movie I saw on TV years ago. Honestly I don't remember if it was about cyborgs or aliens or cyborg aliens or whatever it was they were. I don't even remember the plot. I just remember at the end, before the credits it just goes to black and you can hear one of the main characters say something like "This is not the end. It is not the beginning of the end. It is merely the end of the beginning."

I think it kinda fits. I remember there being a kind of new era for the movie's world at the end. Wish I could remember what the hell it was called.

Sounds like Panic in Year Zero, which was about a family surviving a nuclear war. Just so you know, New 52 is the recent reboot of DC comics.

Quote Originally Posted by rbartrop View Post
    Sounds like Panic in Year Zero, which was about a family surviving a nuclear war. Just so you know, New 52 is the recent reboot of DC comics.
    Year Zero is also what the Kmher Rouge wanted to create in Cambodia. Frankly I think they might have been onto something. The movie is not what I was thinking but it looks pretty good and I'm always fascinated by older movies so I'll probably check that out. Anything with nuclear war gets me hard.

Weasyl
    oly
    Year Zero was also a NIN album. Lots of people have used that concept.

"a reset for the fandom?" The majority of people I know didn't even know FA had forums when I brought it up with em. Just as few know shit about this whole fatransparancy hashtag shit. Nothing has changed because of this.

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    A reset for that particular community perhaps. Of all the people I know through FA and Weasyl, I think I'm the only one who bothers with forums.

It will feel like a big shift for some of us, but I don't think the fandom in general will care if it even notices.
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

Quote Originally Posted by FlynnCoyote View Post
    A reset for that particular community perhaps. Of all the people I know through FA and Weasyl, I think I'm the only one who bothers with forums.

It will feel like a big shift for some of us, but I don't think the fandom in general will care if it even notices.
    Near as I can tell, most of FA ended up making their own communities through journals and watch lists, and only checked the forums when the main site went down. Alt fan furry was once thought of the centre of the furry universe, as was FurryMUCK, Confurence, and any number of art sites. The birth of furry as a fandom coincided with the birth of the online community, and before the Internet was widespread, there were also fanzines and BBS's that laid claim to being the big furry community. The only constant in the fandom is change.

As for resetting the fandom? Sorry, it's not going to happen. It's certainly possible to create a community of like minded individuals, but if your vision for the fandom depends on everyone changing their ways, I'd recommend devoting your energies to something more constructive, like herding cats, or ordering the tide not to come in.

Ripple effects only happen in ponds and fiction, I forgot. Hey, crush a near-suicidal dude's dreams. I do it all the time.

FAF is kill

Long live Phoenix

Weasyl
    Vae
    Oop. URL won't work.
    Looks like we're finalizing this shit.
    Resident Koopa Trash