Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    People have to make an effort to be acknowledged.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    I feel I'm going to get flamed for this, but whatever. My day was frustrating. Nobody listened to me the whole day.

In all honesty I was never really that fond of FAF. It always felt more like a clique than an actual community to me. I hate cliques with a burning passion. Probably because they ignore me at best. But that's another story.

Back to FAF, I won't go as far as saying "good riddance", but I really couldn't care less about it on a personal level. It sucks for the people who had a great time on there though.
    FAF then and now were two completely different beasts. I'm a bit at a loss how you came to such a conclusion to FAF in its present state as opposed to how it was back then, unless you lurked in nothing but RnR. But even then, new FAF's RnR turned more hugbox than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by SidewalkSurfboard View Post
    If you don't care why are you talking about it
    you're the last person on earth I'd ever expect to say this, especially given how you functioned on FAF as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazuki Marazhu View Post
    People have to make an effort to be acknowledged.
    This statement cannot be emphasized enough, given how new members always tend to be played by the same furry stereotype we are all tired of seeing.

Weasyl
    N/A
    So Phoenix is honestly down? Like forever? :(((((

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by smelge View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is fucking stupid.

As far as I've read, the forums never belonged to FA and were never paid for in any form except maybe the licence for VBulletin. Other than the name, FA has no legal ownership of the forums or contents, and it can be argued that IMVU have no claim to it either. If the forums were included in the terms of sale then Dragoneer was lying about what the site owned.
    Mmm,

The license was never paid for either. It was uncia2000 that paid for the initial forum/server license then Carenath. Dragoneer never put the forums in his budget at all, just the main site. He never really wanted to have forums but other staff disagreed due to the frial nature of the site.

Carenath was even going to be generous enough that during the split, he would have offered to pay for yet ANOTHER license for Dragoneer. I highly advised against it since Dragoneer never paid for any part of the forums to begin with (other than I guess the host Furaffinity name).

All of this does have paperwork backing by uncia, and Carenath should have that too.

Weasyl
    DevilishlyHandsome49
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFleece View Post
    So Phoenix is honestly down? Like forever? ((((
    Appears so

Quote Originally Posted by MissFleece View Post
    So Phoenix is honestly down? Like forever? ((((
    On the IRC Carenath said he deleted all forum data after Yak contacted him via Skype and threatened legal action, because he couldn't afford to wage a court battle.

Weasyl
    Calemeyr
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphoneer View Post
    On the IRC Carenath said he deleted all forum data after Yak contacted him via Skype and threatened legal action, because he couldn't afford to wage a court battle.
    Did IMVU/FA get a copy, or is it all safely gone?

Weasyl
    Vae
    Like the phoenix I rise...

At polite request, the previous forums had to close. We are working on something new that will take their place soon. A special thanks to everyone who supported this operation.

Feel free to join our IRC channel, #phoenix, over at irc.furnet.org

[source]

So I guess FAF is dead for good.
    But we're getting some kind of replacement.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphoneer View Post
    How could Yak afford to even press charges when he can barely afford to make a barely functional website?

I would've called Yak's bluff and watch him shit a brick when Yak finds out that being a lawyer is nothing like how Phoenix Wright made it out to be.

Y'know what, I really hope karma comes back to bite Neer in the ass.
    I really, really do.