Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    We sure Piche is behind it yet?
    No.

But I'm still wondering what IMVU gains from shutting down an independent forum full of people who have no interest in FA or their product, anyway.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Part of me is hoping Neer was actually arrogant enough to sell FA with FAF, when in fact he had no claim to the forums. If so, he'll be up shit creek without a paddle.

And that actually fills me with a kind of glee.

Weasyl
    Sylver
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Part of me is hoping Neer was actually arrogant enough to sell FA with FAF, when in fact he had no claim to the forums. If so, he'll be up shit creek without a paddle.

And that actually fills me with a kind of glee.
    It's going to make me laugh so hard if that's the case. They may actually fire him and that would be hilarious to watch

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
    It's going to make me laugh so hard if that's the case. They may actually fire him and that would be hilarious to watch
    I've never prayed before but...

lol j/k
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

Also: liar liar, pants on fucking fire.
    I shouldn't be susprised, but this is actually kind of funny in an "against better judgement I expected better"-way.

Weasyl
    Vae
    I believe they're negotiating right now since it wasn't an official scary C&D but rather someone inside.
    FA told us that IMVU have noticed and may be planning something.
    This is all from what I'm hearing. What actually happened may differ since I cannot say much since I don't have any frim evidence other than that Care was alerted by someone in FA staff that IMVU are and have noticed and don't like what they have seen
    [source]

Wonder if Neer's gonna get his ass chewed out over this by his bosses, now.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Can they even do anything besides very intently not like it? I hope they keep not liking it, that would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    The more I think about it, Dragoneer has plenty reason to want to nuke the joint. He used to ban us en masse for divulging any serious information on him or his site under the flimsy and abused pretense of "inciting drama" or "dumm drama" in the case of his...friend. But when he was immediately demoted (thanks Yak) we were finally able to freely open the floodgates right in his fucking face without consequence.
    So considering he wanted the wipe the forum off the net in the first place and I'm pretty sure even way before all of this, there's definitely reason to believe he'd tip off IMVU unjustly. Just another tactic to swipe something under the rug.

One could argue that what's discussed about him has been available in other places. But even with the split, it's like I said; it's right in his fucking face. Having that business on Phoenix may have been too close for comfort. He had the power to get rid of it this time as opposed to something like Vivisector.
    But that's all conjecture from me.

(I'd also like to point out something completely irrelevant, but naming the forums Phoenix was a glorious slap in the face.)
    That was actually my guess as well. The fact that the forums are currently offline means these threads with all the info in one place are also inaccessible.

I hope the forums can be reinstated (because I also posted in some commission-threads there and I'd like to be able to follow-up), but I doubt it. The best we can do is communicate they are down through no fault of the forum-owners, but thanks to a vindictive little (actually huge) shit. :<

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Neers butthurt is delicious.

Weasyl
    Yarra
    This entire situation is nothing but drama. It's ridiculous.