Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    It happened: https://phoenix.corvidae.org/

There's a notice left in the crater where FAF was, but who knows how long it's going to stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by ArielMT View Post
    It happened: https://phoenix.corvidae.org/

There's a notice left in the crater where FAF was, but who knows how long it's going to stay there.
    I don't think that's working very well right now. Registered an account, followed activation link, was logged in... then couldn't load it for a few min and after it came back I was logged out and it says my username/password is wrong.

Oh well. Didn't feel like posting anyway.

edit: okay I take it back, now that I've posted this it let me in. \_(ツ)_/

Still don't feel like posting though.
    Last edited by Wolflich; 09-13-2015 at 11:15 PM. Reason: because

Quote Originally Posted by Wolflich View Post
    I don't think that's working very well right now. Registered an account, followed activation link, was logged in... then couldn't load it for a few min and after it came back I was logged out and it says my username/password is wrong.

Oh well. Didn't feel like posting anyway.

edit: okay I take it back, now that I've posted this it let me in. \_(ツ)_/

Still don't feel like posting though.
    You caught a very brief window of essential housekeeping that required the Web server to be taken down.

I'm lucky that way.

So what's the deal? Did the unban anyone yet? I been out of the loop because reasons.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    No I don't think anyone has been unbanned yet. I do remember reading that the Admin was going to attempt to wipe the slate clean within reason of the huge banned user list.

Weasyl
    XyWeasel
    I'll just pipe in here and say that the admin of FAF/Phoenix has been keeping people up to date on IRC about what he was doing, and he did unban several people hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ArielMT View Post
    You caught a very brief window of essential housekeeping that required the Web server to be taken down.
    I can tell you the exact reason why the forum went down was because the admin changed the database password.
    Last edited by XyWeasel; 09-14-2015 at 01:14 AM.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    I'm gonna give it a bit for now till they get everything in order. Heck, I'm sure I'm still banned there anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh Whitefang View Post
    I'm gonna give it a bit for now till they get everything in order. Heck, I'm sure I'm still banned there anyways.
    You too? Let me guess, Christian fursecution. Ironically, I am not kidding, for once. I could see it given the irrational fear and resent a sizable contingent of the fandom or at least that forum has for anyone who isn't basically big A atheist. I swear to not-God cuz I roll with Tha Devil but I think some people want atheism to functionally be a state religion and fail to see the irony.

Last I heard my own odds were good but you know how it is in the fandom, it may as well be WWF in the mid-late 90's where the entire company is run by a 7 foot tall cowardly lion and his alcoholic best bud who vomits in public once per show. I know WCW wasn't quite that bad, but the point is FAF is.

I almost don't care anymore because I talk to Red's mom now sometimes, most of her friends and most of those were my friends from the start. Plus I can speak on this shit from wherever. Literally. If anyone on FAF thinks they can keep me out of the fandom by keeping me out of FAF, or stopping me from having an influence there, buddy, I used to sell drugs for a living. Do you think I really can be stopped by a bunch of kids who can't even run a glorified, digital tree house?

Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by XyWeasel View Post
    I can tell you the exact reason why the forum went down was because the admin changed the database password.
    I'm still finding the right balance between too much detail and not transparent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh Whitefang View Post
    I saw you post over there, so I'm guessing he's living up to at least some of that promise. That seems like an improvement over the former administration already.