Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Yarra
    It's good to see some solid background on what happened. I'm now coming around to believing that it's now gone with the wind and we have to look forward to a new and better product.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    If you truly believe that Dragoneer is ever going to say anything even slightly of value about this, I feel bad for you but admire your optimism. Dragoneer/Chase got what he wanted, a forum that he can censor and control as he likes --- because that's what he's going to do - recreate FAF now.

Weasyl
    Calemeyr
    IMVU is using neer for their own purposes right now. They'll drop his ass as soon as they get a good excuse to do so, and judging from their interaction with Yak, they'll put Yak on top.

That's what I would do if I were IMVU.

Weasyl
    Yarra
    What's perplexing is why IMVU would allow for the destruction of the forums because they own FA and as an asset of the company to let it evaporate would be irresponsible. I know it's not a material financial loss compared to their other line of business but if their investors were to realize this carelessness it might raise eyebrows.

First, I have to agree that without the history and the momentum of the old FAF Database, FAF/Pheonix, whatever you want to call it, is dead. Forums are hard enough to keep relevent in 2015, and that momentum was all it had going for it, without it, it's just a 'furry forum because furries', there's no anchor.

Second, Jesus, this whole FA purchase must be frustrating to IMVU. It's basically been NOTHING but problem after problem for them, ending with apparently Dragoneer letting what IMVU considers to be private user data to walk right out the damn door only to have IMVU go 'Wait, WHAT? You did WHAT!?'. I honestly have to wonder how much patience IMVU will have with FA it if fails to generate any revenue.

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    I actually feel kinda bad for imvu, having to deal with neer. All the same, they should have done their homework better.

"This is a good idea and we should throw money at it. Neer is a pretty okay guy and we can trust him." D- please see me after class

Weasyl
    smelge
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Please go back and read the thread. I did address who bought the license in a reply that was directly quoted from you.
    Ok, little bit snarky there. I missed your response, that kind of thing happens when there's a ton of posts, either through simply not seeing it, or because a response was posted while writing another post.

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7062788

Thanks for trying to frame us as bad guys with that NDA bit and user data, FA....

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmor View Post
    http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7062788

Thanks for trying to frame us as bad guys with that NDA bit and user data, FA....
    It sounds more like a lap of victory instead of an address of previous queries, nothing unusual there and just as predictable. I hope the comments are as interesting a read as usual.

The fuckers are claiming they didn't send a DMCA on the technicality that they only threatened one. Fuck this, I'm not going to risk my account more on that journal, but they are lying.

Honestly, it takes cojones to lie like that when proof to the contrary is easily accessible.